can you only get the DDE once w/each AP?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
Have the DDE card, not activating the AP until Aug
Can I use that same AP to get another DDE once the 1st expires?

I believe that if your AP has not expired you can use it to get a DDE. The only thing is, if you haven't activated it you will not be able to use it (At least I believe so) to order a DDE. They ask for the numbers off the back of your AP. At least that's how it was for us. I'm not sure what if any kind of number is on the voucher for the AP because I exchanged it on the same day for a AP.

When I ordered my DDE card about a month ago I was not asked for the numbers on my ap even though I always have them ready. I guess it depends on who you get but as long as you have an ap yes you can get the dde card again with the same ap.

I ordered my DDE last week using my AP voucher. There are some very small numbers across the topback of the card. You will will have no problem.

Bev

Thanks,
That is good to know for the future. I'm really excited to use my DDE card this year. Its going to pay for itself many times over.

I won't be getting my Ap until I go to SoG in March 06. Can I order a DDE before I go and activate it with my AP?

When do AP rates go up? Would it matter if I bought an AP now and wasn't going until July 2006. I think I want to get the AP mainly because of the DDE. There will be 7 of us and we always eat at sit down, mostly signature restaurants even at lunch. The 20% savings for us would definitely be worth it!

suevee said:
I won't be getting my Ap until I go to SoG in March 06. Can I order a DDE before I go and activate it with my AP?

Not if you don't have a voucher. You need either the AP or the voucher to get it.

YCFAN said:
When do AP rates go up? Would it matter if I bought an AP now and wasn't going until July 2006. I think I want to get the AP mainly because of the DDE. There will be 7 of us and we always eat at sit down, mostly signature restaurants even at lunch. The 20% savings for us would definitely be worth it!

I've been told AP rates will go up in January. (Not by an official source either! :) )

I don't know if that's the case, if a price hike might be delayed, or even posted sooner. Cause there were two in a 12 month span this past year. THey were raised to a little over $400 in March of '04, then to $420 in January '05.

So if I bought it at the current price but didn't activate it until July 2006 it would be OK even if prices went up between now and then?

YCFAN said:
So if I bought it at the current price but didn't activate it until July 2006 it would be OK even if prices went up between now and then?

If you're talking about an Annual Pass, absolutely! The voucher never expires. If you mean the DDE, it's not a voucher. It's active for a year from the time you purchase it. :)

suevee said:
The DDE is active when you order it and can be used as soon as you get your confirmation letter in the mail. It will expire at the end of the month in which you order it, plus one year. For example if you ordered it today, it would expire June 30, 2006. Because of delays in getting the cards out, they may add another month to your expiration date, particularly if you purchase it later in the month.

Also, allowing AP holders to purchase the DDE is a new benefit that was granted to us this year. Hopefully this great benefit will continue to be offered in 2006 and beyond.

Thanks for the info! That means I could purchase the AP now at this price and order the DDE sometime next year in time for my July trip (hopefully it will still be a perk!). That's great.

I would guess that since you ALREADY are registered for the DDE, when you expire, you will be requried to RENEW. Since you are already in the system, not sure if they will let you get a NEW account. The renewal fee is $60. I think the $25 discount was for first time joiners that are AP holders. JMHO, but it would be even nicer if you got to save $25 off of the renewal price. Guess everyone will find out next year.

n2mm said:
I would guess that since you ALREADY are registered for the DDE, when you expire, you will be requried to RENEW. Since you are already in the system, not sure if they will let you get a NEW account. The renewal fee is $60. I think the $25 discount was for first time joiners that are AP holders. JMHO, but it would be even nicer if you got to save $25 off of the renewal price. Guess everyone will find out next year.
I'm very hopeful that they will allow us to renew next year, or sign up again. Even if they charge us the standard renewal rate of $60, it's still a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!