Can you make Monkey bread ahead of time?

Yes you can, just did that last weekend!

I do the biscuits, rolled in cinnamon sugar and refrigerate overnight. THe next morning I melt the butter (1 stick) with 1 cup of brown sugar and let boil for 1 minute and then pour over the top. Bake for about 30 min at 350 and YUM!

Oh so happy i found this bread...i mean thread!!! YUMMMMM cant wait to make it with the butterscotch : ):cool1:

does anyone have a recipe for this that you make from scratch? I had seen one on here somewhere and saved it to make christmas eve for christmas morning but our computer died and we've lost everything on it. I'm in Australia so I need to make it from scratch as we don't have the rolls that some of you use.

thanks in advance :)

This is the original recipe given to me. I have added and changed it almost every year! It's pretty simple! There are so many Monkey bread recipes on cook.com. You'll find one you love...

Ingredients:
4 pkgs. buttermilk biscuits
2 c. sugar
2 T. cinnamon
1 1/3 sticks of butter

Optional: 1/2 c. of walnuts

Cut rolls into quarters, then roll them in in 1 c. sugar mixed with cinnamon. Drop them into a greased Bundt pan. Melt butter and remaining 1 c. sugar and drizzle over cake. Sprinkle remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture over cake. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.

Invert on a plate and serve hot.

**If you'd like nuts (my kids like it plain), put the nuts in the Bundt pan first before you put the biscuits in the pan.

Man this simple I am make it this weekend.

Does anyone know if you do a filled dough, if you can still let it proof overnight? I'm planning on making a variety of monkey bread for Christmas morning, but since I'm planning on filling each individual ball of dough with a cream cheese mixture before I assemble it, I wonder if I can still assemble the whole thing in my bundt pan and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight?

The way we do it is to melt the butter, dip the biscuit quarters in butter first and then roll them in the cinnimon sugar. I assemble the pieces in a round pampered chef stone pan and refrigerate over night. Then in the morning I put the whole thing in a cold oven and turn it on, bakes in about 25 minutes and is delicious!

We are probably going to a potluck Christmas party on Sunday and this will be a wonderful dish to bring. Thanks for posting it!!

Yeah! This is just the thread I was hoping to see! I was hoping someone had tried the night before thing and have it work! Now, I don't have to get up so early in the morning! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter