Can you make Monkey bread ahead of time?

Does anyone know if you can prepare Monkey bread at night and bake it the next morning?

We always make it the night before and let it rise overnight. Just cover it with a towel. It needs to rise about 8 hours. I use Rhodes frozen bread rolls for the dough. Leave them frozen and toss w/ your favorite monkey bread coating. (I like butterscotch pudding mix and butter, brown sugar w/ pecans)

We always make it the night before and let it rise overnight. Just cover it with a towel. It needs to rise about 8 hours. I use Rhodes frozen bread rolls for the dough. Leave them frozen and toss w/ your favorite monkey bread coating. (I like butterscotch pudding mix and butter, brown sugar w/ pecans)

I have only made it with the pillysbury biscuits and cinnamon, sugar, butter... Do you think it would work with the pillsbury-type rolls?

Yes, you can let it rise overnight. In fact, I have one going right now with frozen dinner rolls, brown sugar, vanilla pudding, cinnamon and butter covered with a wet towel.

I think if you are using can biscuits you can not do it overnight- it depends on what you are using.

We always do it the night before when we go to the beach. We make the biscuit kind with the cinammon, sugar and butter. We pull apart the biscuits, coat them in the cinnamon sugar and put them in the bundt pan. The whole pan goes in the fridge and the next morning, we just have to add the liquid and bake. COmes out great!

Marsha

Yes you can make it the night before. I use the pillsbury kind also. I prepare it put it in a bundt pan, then in the fridge it goes. Just cover with seran wrap. Easy peasy!

Yes you can make it the night before. I use the pillsbury kind also. I prepare it put it in a bundt pan, then in the fridge it goes. Just cover with seran wrap. Easy peasy!

Do you save the melted butter and sugar part until the morning?

Thanks to everyone who responded!!

This is the original recipe given to me. I have added and changed it almost every year! It's pretty simple! There are so many Monkey bread recipes on cook.com. You'll find one you love...

Ingredients:
4 pkgs. buttermilk biscuits
2 c. sugar
2 T. cinnamon
1 1/3 sticks of butter

Optional: 1/2 c. of walnuts

Cut rolls into quarters, then roll them in in 1 c. sugar mixed with cinnamon. Drop them into a greased Bundt pan. Melt butter and remaining 1 c. sugar and drizzle over cake. Sprinkle remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture over cake. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.

Invert on a plate and serve hot.

**If you'd like nuts (my kids like it plain), put the nuts in the Bundt pan first before you put the biscuits in the pan.

If you don't have a Bundt pan don't worry. I've found it works just as well in a 9x13 baking pan. FYI I use a glass pan. :goodvibes

It is also really tasty if you add to the biscuts - chopped up apple, raisens and walnuts!!! Very yummy and a nice change of pace from the original!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Michelle

Yeah, the bundt cake is nice if you want to dump it out onto a plater. It will keep it's form, so it looks nice for presentation.

Marsha

We always do it the night before when we go to the beach. We make the biscuit kind with the cinammon, sugar and butter. We pull apart the biscuits, coat them in the cinnamon sugar and put them in the bundt pan. The whole pan goes in the fridge and the next morning, we just have to add the liquid and bake. COmes out great!

Marsha

Good to know- I always thought the biscuits would dry out!!! Thanks- What liquid do you add in the morning? :confused3

I cheated this year :rolleyes1 and bought some pre-made monkey biscuit from the freezer section, I am going to just add pecans myself for Christmas morning breakfast. that and some candy and we should be good to go :yay:

We add the melted margarine and brown sugar mixture and then bake.

cool! I googled Monkey break overnight and was happy to see my Disboards friends helping as usual :)

This is the original recipe given to me. I have added and changed it almost every year! It's pretty simple! There are so many Monkey bread recipes on cook.com. You'll find one you love...

Ingredients:
4 pkgs. buttermilk biscuits
2 c. sugar
2 T. cinnamon
1 1/3 sticks of butter

Optional: 1/2 c. of walnuts

Cut rolls into quarters, then roll them in in 1 c. sugar mixed with cinnamon. Drop them into a greased Bundt pan. Melt butter and remaining 1 c. sugar and drizzle over cake. Sprinkle remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture over cake. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.

Invert on a plate and serve hot.

**If you'd like nuts (my kids like it plain), put the nuts in the Bundt pan first before you put the biscuits in the pan.

Can you assemble this the night before, then drizzle with melted butter/sugar/cinnamon the next morning, then bake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter