Can you believe this?

4greatboys

DIS Veteran
One of my best friends dd had a cheerleading competition In Orlando over the weekend. They left last Wed night so they would have 2 days at US/IOA and then 2 days after it was over to do Disney. I told her whats not to miss and what they could pass up being on a limited schedule. I spoke to her this am--they got back late last night. Her family didnt even go to 1 Disney park!
Not 1. I couldnt believe it. They were supposed to go to MK and MGM since they like rides. I told her ToT was not to be missed. They loved Universal (we do to and always go) but I cant believe they never made it to any Disney park.
Maybe its just me but no way would I go to Orlando and not hit atleast 1 or 2 of the parks:confused:

I know! My cousin is going next week to sing at Epcot and they have about 2 hours to spend in the park...thats it! Wow that is so sad!!

I convinced a friend of mine to go to Disney after a soccer tournament about an hour away from Orlando. They bought tickets ahead of time and ended up only going two days. They gave their tickets away with two days left on them to another family that was planning on going. They had a great time but never even went to EPCOT. They next time they will go to Universal.

She said she would have given the tickets to me but they were the type that expired 14 days after first use:(

Actually, spending a couple days at Universal sounds like a nice trip -- DW and I have done it once before as well. :)

Nope, I couldn't imagine doing that. I have gone to Orlando and not visited Universal, but never missed WDW. Of course, my main reason for going is always WDW, but that's beside the point.

I couldn't go to Orlando w/o hitting at least one Disney park!

That is hard to believe - but I also have to believe that they don't know what they are missing!

I know what you mean. After years of us telling my goofy SIL and her family how great WDW is, they agreed to spend a week at WDW with us. They ended up only using 1 day on their 7-day hopper. Apparantly my niece and nephew (11 and 12 yrs. old at the time) were BORED. They spent the rest of the week at the t-shirt stores on Int'l Drive and also at some Gatorland place. They also went to Typhoon Lagoon for about 45 minutes and said they hated it.

By far though, the worst part is that they THREW THE HOPPER PASSES OUT!!! They figured they would never return, so why keep them. :rolleyes: I really almost cried when they told me that.

Steve--we love Universal too. We always make sure we have atleast 2 days during our trip to there. And you cant beat the FOTL access. We just got season passes for US/IOA. With the fan club card you buy 1 get 1 half price.

Jeafl--Im just speechless about them throwing away their park hoppers. Might as well open your car window and throw cash out of it. I cant believe they were "bored" at disney and didnt like TL.
Hard to believe they spent all that money and new how many days were on there and didnt even offer them to you (I bet she sold them on e-bay
:teeth: ).

I would simply cringe if I had to go to Orlando and couldn't go to WDW. No matter how thrilling the rides at Universal are, I still don't bother. I am loyal WDW guest. :D

4greatboys, unfortunately, she threw them in the garbage can at the condo they rented in Kissimmee. She thought they all had to be used that week, so she didn't bother to save them. She should have asked me first, but she didn't. To add insult to injury, they got bumped from the flight on the way home and were given 4 free flight vouchers to be used within a year. You guessed it, a year went by and they never used them. What a waste. :(

To me its like throwing away a winning lottery ticket - how could you do that? That and being totally jealous that Orlando was wasted on folks not appreciative of the magic of the DIS while I'm stuck in the northeast winter that will never end.

Your friend is Disney impaired? I love Islands of Adventure but I love MGM and wouldn't miss it if I got to Orlando.

I have been to Orlando several times and not been to any parks. There is alot to do there and there is more to life (and Orlando) than WDW. ;)

Jeafl:

Oh the horror! There could be more going on here than meets the eye. Some people have an odd reaction to the parks... be it a WDW park or the original Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. Its almost as if the parks have a real magic, or presence, that calls to some folks, while rejecting others. I have personally seen people who become very antsy and unnerved at the parks and can't wait to leave... as if they were being driven from the park. Sure, they offer excuses, like being bored or tired. But look more closely, there is fear in those eyes. ;)

But all kidding aside, I'm sorry your SIL & company didnt' enjoy their vacation. I hope they find more happiness in other of life's pursuits. I guess they just didn't like Florida.

Darian

I know your post was in jest, Darien, but actually I think I agree with you. The one day they did use their hopper we all went to MGM. I thought for sure they would enjoy it since the kids were somewhat older. They just wandered around never going on any rides or seeing any shows. We did finally get them on The Great Movie Ride, but they hated it. And it wasn't just the kids either, it was SIL and BIL as well. They just didn't "get it". After that, the whole vacation was a bust. They refused to even try the Magic Kingdom or Epcot. :(

Thats just amazing. ToT or Rockin Roller Coaster would have been something they should have loved.... Hhhhhmmm it almost seems as if they _wanted_ the vacation to be a bust, as weird as that sounds. Some kind of inter-personal things going on perhaps. Not to get too analytical, but it sounds like some serious self-sabotage goin' on... or the "magic" didn't like them... yikes.

Have you ever seen some people who just don't want to have fun or want to be happy? Its weird I know, and I sure wouldnt' believe it if I hadn't seen it myself.

I suppose your SIL & company can probably give many reasons why they didn't like "disney." Personally, I'd be hard pressed to think up more than very few.

Just a thought...

Darian

We went to Orlando ONCE without going over to Universal and boy did we miss it. Never have been to Orlando without going to Disney though...
I just cannot fathom someone spending all that money and throwing out the Park Hoppers without using them, those 7 day ones are expensive!!!
Only thing I can figure here is maybe these people have never been anywhere and honestly have no comparision or even know what to look for in the parks. Too bad they missed a lot, but I do hope they enjoyed their T-Shirt shopping on International Drive...

Quick question, why do they want t-shirts of Orlando if they were having such a lousy time, why want to remember it...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My son went to Orlando 3 years ago with his HS baseball team and the coach could have planned a day at WDW, but didn't. Since the boys bunked with local families, they didn't go as a group anywhere that wasn't baseball related. The local kids thought that WDW was "old hat" (& prob too expensive!) so none of the boys went there. so sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter