Can you add a day to a PH +WP&M ticket purchased through UCT?

MommyBryn

DIS Veteran
We need to buy 13 tickets total (3 are child), and since UCT is still offering the "old" prices, we want to get our 9 day PH tickets (with Water Parks & More, as it pays for itself in our situation), but they only offer the mailed tickets for 8 days. We want the mailed option in case we need to return them, as our trip is still 11 months out.

So my question is, can you buy the UCT tickets and then still add on a day later for the smaller price of an additional day, or do you have to pay the full 1-day price? We will have 8 full days, but be fly cross country to Disney so sometimes we have a whole evening when we get in, or half a day before we fly out, and being at Boardwalk we'd like to use that time in Epcot, but obviously it's not worth the cost of a 1-day ticket.

If I CAN add them, what is the process for doing so? Does it have to be an additional park hopper day or can it just be a plain ol' 1 park?

Thanks for the help! I definitely get the best answers here.

Days are days. There's no difference between adding a day to a base ticket versus a park hopper.

To add a day or a feature, you walk up to a ticket boot and tell them what you want to do. Think of it as an exchange. You're trading your existing ticket for a new one. Since you purchased from a third party, they'll give you credit for the current gate price of your ticket.

I guess what I meant was will the let me add on a day that continues my multiple day ticket or do they consider it an individual "single" day ticket (which costs a ton more)? And I have to do it at the ticket booth or can I do in on MDE at all?

I got a reply from UTC about this and it didn't really answer my question as she said I could buy another 1 day ticket (which I obviously am not interested in) but she said they expire 12/31/17. I had thought it was 12/31/18 or 14 days after first use, so this confuses me and could potentially change the whole thing and eliminate this option anyway.

Last year we were stuck a few extra days due to snow at home. Prior to using our last day, I went to Guest Services and was able to add on 2 days to each ticket and it cost me the difference between a 5 day and a 7 day ticket. I DID NOT have to purchase a separate 2 day ticket.

It is unknown whether you will be able to add more days to older tickets after the new crop of limited shelf life tickets have gone on the market. That information should be published soon or come through the grapevine (e.g. via The DIS) soon.

(paragraph deleted)

When Undercover Tourist said that new one day tickets bought from them today expire 12/31/17 that could be old stock manufactured in 2016 that they still have on the shelves. Similarly they have some old stock of multi day tickets with unlimited shelf life that will be sold gradually over the next few months.

Last edited:
I guess what I meant was will the let me add on a day that continues my multiple day ticket or do they consider it an individual "single" day ticket (which costs a ton more)? And I have to do it at the ticket booth or can I do in on MDE at all?
What part of my answer was unclear? You trade in your ticket for one with more days. You pay the difference between the gate price of the original and the new ticket. You must do it in person at a ticket booth or at your resort concierge desk.

What part of my answer was unclear? You trade in your ticket for one with more days. You pay the difference between the gate price of the original and the new ticket. You must do it in person at a ticket booth or at your resort concierge desk.

You weren't unclear, I just wasn't sure if my question came across right- I understand that I can add a day, but does it have to match the exact tickets that I am adding on to? Like, if I have an 8 day park hopper with water parks & more, does the day I add on have to be another park hopper with water parks & more or can I just add a single park ticket for that additional day?

yes, you can just "add" a day to your multi-day tickets; you do not need to purchase a full-price single-day ticket. Because you have PH + WPF&M already on your multi-day ticket, adding a day will allow you 1 more major theme park day as well as 1 additional WPF&M entry. The price to add a day to a multi-day ticket is the same regardless.

Enjoy your vacation!

yes, you can just "add" a day to your multi-day tickets; you do not need to purchase a full-price single-day ticket. Because you have PH + WPF&M already on your multi-day ticket, adding a day will allow you 1 more major theme park day as well as 1 additional WPF&M entry. The price to add a day to a multi-day ticket is the same regardless.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks....so that's what I'm getting at. Is my ONLY option to add the same as what my other tickets are? We don't need the extra parks/water parks for the additional day so if it's possible to add on without I'd like to, otherwise it's not that big of a deal, just want to make sure I don't pay more for the extra stuff for that one day if I don't HAVE to, you know?

You weren't unclear, I just wasn't sure if my question came across right- I understand that I can add a day, but does it have to match the exact tickets that I am adding on to? Like, if I have an 8 day park hopper with water parks & more, does the day I add on have to be another park hopper with water parks & more or can I just add a single park ticket for that additional day?
Days are not any different. Once a ticket has the park hopper option or the water park option, all days have that privilege. "Days are days." You aren't adding a "single park day" or a "park hopper day;" you're just adding a "day."
otherwise it's not that big of a deal,
It's not a big deal; it's not a deal at all. The price is the same. Days are days. The price difference between an 8 day base ticket and a 9 day base ticket is $10.65. The difference between an 8 day hopper and a 9 day hopper is $10.65. The difference between an 8 day water park ticket and a 9 day water park ticket is $10.65.

Stop stressing over the type. It's irrelevant.

Ahh, okay, that makes sense. I was looking at it as "tickets" not "days". So if I just wanted a single park for that one day it wouldn't save me any money anyway because it would be an entirely separate "ticket".

Ahh, okay, that makes sense. I was looking at it as "tickets" not "days". So if I just wanted a single park for that one day it wouldn't save me any money anyway because it would be an entirely separate "ticket".

Absolutely do not purchase another single day ticket; just add another day to your multi-day tickets. As supersnoop indicates, once the parkhopper and/or water parks fun & more options are added -- it's all or nothing. Those as flat priced, to be added to a ticket, same price regardless of how many park days. It's only ~$11 per person, you can't get much cheaper than that to go to an amusement park for an extra day!

It sounds like maybe you are confused about exactly what your tickets tickets include:

Major theme parks tickets: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom -- these tickets are counted in "days." The most expensive is a single-day ticket, and become less expensive per day the more that you add (up to 10 max).

Park Hopper (PH) option: allows you to visit more than one major theme park in the same day. PH is a flat cost and once added it is available for use on any or all of the major theme park ticket days. If you only wish to "hop" on one or two days, that's fine, but it is included if you change your plans on another day and decide to hop again.

Water Parks Fun & More (now renamed Park Hopper Plus) options: Typhoon Lagoon water park, Blizzard Beach water park, Winter Summerland mini-golf before 4pm, Fantasia mini-golf before 4pm, ESPN Wide World of Sports complex, Oak Trail 9-hole golf course. This is also a flat fee regardless of the number of major theme parks days on the ticket. You get the equivalent of 1 WPF&M entry for each major theme park day on the ticket -- so a 5 day ticket will include 5 of these additional options, an 8 day ticket will include 8 of these options. Multiple WPF&M entries can be used on the same day, and do not necessarily have to be on the same day you use a major theme park day.

Enjoy your vacation!

Absolutely do not purchase another single day ticket; just add another day to your multi-day tickets. As supersnoop indicates, once the parkhopper and/or water parks fun & more options are added -- it's all or nothing. Those as flat priced, to be added to a ticket, same price regardless of how many park days. It's only ~$11 per person, you can't get much cheaper than that to go to an amusement park for an extra day!

It sounds like maybe you are confused about exactly what your tickets tickets include:

Major theme parks tickets: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom -- these tickets are counted in "days." The most expensive is a single-day ticket, and become less expensive per day the more that you add (up to 10 max).

Park Hopper (PH) option: allows you to visit more than one major theme park in the same day. PH is a flat cost and once added it is available for use on any or all of the major theme park ticket days. If you only wish to "hop" on one or two days, that's fine, but it is included if you change your plans on another day and decide to hop again.

Water Parks Fun & More (now renamed Park Hopper Plus) options: Typhoon Lagoon water park, Blizzard Beach water park, Winter Summerland mini-golf before 4pm, Fantasia mini-golf before 4pm, ESPN Wide World of Sports complex, Oak Trail 9-hole golf course. This is also a flat fee regardless of the number of major theme parks days on the ticket. You get the equivalent of 1 WPF&M entry for each major theme park day on the ticket -- so a 5 day ticket will include 5 of these additional options, an 8 day ticket will include 8 of these options. Multiple WPF&M entries can be used on the same day, and do not necessarily have to be on the same day you use a major theme park day.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks, no I am not confused about that. We always get PH tickets and have done WP&M several times before too, but we have never in all our vacations added a day after the fact. I know that there is also a base ticket option and I didn't know if I could just add a day of a base ticket on to my PH+WP&M or if it had to continue what I already had (if the day I added on could be a "downgraded" ticket or if it had to be exactly the same). But looking at it as days instead of tickets makes more sense.

But looking at it as days instead of tickets makes more sense.
Also, as I said above, think of it as an exchange. You're trading in your 8 day park hopper for a 9 day park hopper. You trade in your whole ticket, and the new ticket has to be valid for anything you've already used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter