Can we start a character meal thread?

We did 3 of the four character meals offered (Princess one was out of our budget).

Minnie's was back to normal, and we had several characters. We've had more in the past, but we got the most characters at this meal. Minnie is ONLY available at the very beginning with the photos, but she will sign autograph books and interact with you. We saw Pooh and Tigger (no Eeyore this time), Perla the mouse, Daisy Duck (quite a surprise - I'd never seen her there before!), Chip & Dale, and Pluto. Interactions were exactly like before-times, with lots of back and forth, time for autographs and photos with multiple people in our party of 7, and it was my favorite of the 3.

Goofy's Kitchen we did for dinner. Goofy's interactions were similar to Minnie's - plenty of time for autographs, many different picture poses, photog took some candids of the kids too which I loved and wish they did at Minnie's too! Inside though, it was as others have shared - the characters parade through to an upbeat song, and often don't even pause long enough to catch a decent photo. We were there for several parades, and it looks like Goofy leads one an hour, and the other times he is not there. We saw Minnie, Chip & Dale, and Pluto there. This was actually my kids' favorite - I think in part because they had already met and had more interactions with all the characters there, it didn't matter as much that they weren't doing autographs. I'm not sure they would feel the same way if they hadn't already done that though.

Storytellers we did for breakfast. The buffet was just fine, we all found something to enjoy and left full. I kind of wish we could have gone later for brunch, but it was our departure day and we had a long drive ahead of us and needed to get going. There was no PP opportunity at the beginning, you just go in and are seated. We also were left to grab our own buttons and I almost missed them sitting in a basket. Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, and Pluto were there. They went by each table and we had quite a bit of interaction with them, although not quite as much as at Minnie's. There was plenty of time for autographs if we had needed them, and they did at least one picture pose for us each time by. I love them in their adventure outfits!

I was happily surprised that Daisy was at Minnie's, but a little disappointed Donald wasn't anywhere. Definitely missed his Surf's Up breakfast they used to do at PPH.

We did 3 of the four character meals offered (Princess one was out of our budget).

Minnie's was back to normal, and we had several characters. We've had more in the past, but we got the most characters at this meal. Minnie is ONLY available at the very beginning with the photos, but she will sign autograph books and interact with you. We saw Pooh and Tigger (no Eeyore this time), Perla the mouse, Daisy Duck (quite a surprise - I'd never seen her there before!), Chip & Dale, and Pluto. Interactions were exactly like before-times, with lots of back and forth, time for autographs and photos with multiple people in our party of 7, and it was my favorite of the 3.

Goofy's Kitchen we did for dinner. Goofy's interactions were similar to Minnie's - plenty of time for autographs, many different picture poses, photog took some candids of the kids too which I loved and wish they did at Minnie's too! Inside though, it was as others have shared - the characters parade through to an upbeat song, and often don't even pause long enough to catch a decent photo. We were there for several parades, and it looks like Goofy leads one an hour, and the other times he is not there. We saw Minnie, Chip & Dale, and Pluto there. This was actually my kids' favorite - I think in part because they had already met and had more interactions with all the characters there, it didn't matter as much that they weren't doing autographs. I'm not sure they would feel the same way if they hadn't already done that though.

Storytellers we did for breakfast. The buffet was just fine, we all found something to enjoy and left full. I kind of wish we could have gone later for brunch, but it was our departure day and we had a long drive ahead of us and needed to get going. There was no PP opportunity at the beginning, you just go in and are seated. We also were left to grab our own buttons and I almost missed them sitting in a basket. Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, and Pluto were there. They went by each table and we had quite a bit of interaction with them, although not quite as much as at Minnie's. There was plenty of time for autographs if we had needed them, and they did at least one picture pose for us each time by. I love them in their adventure outfits!

I was happily surprised that Daisy was at Minnie's, but a little disappointed Donald wasn't anywhere. Definitely missed his Surf's Up breakfast they used to do at PPH.
Those all sound fun! hHich would you choose between Goofy's and Storytellers? We've done Goofy's dinner before but I've thought of doing the brunch at Storytellers instead.

Those all sound fun! hHich would you choose between Goofy's and Storytellers? We've done Goofy's dinner before but I've thought of doing the brunch at Storytellers instead.
I'm a sucker for autographs and pictures, so I would choose Storyteller's if we haven't already gotten autographs for the characters before. But I typically go with what the kids love, so would book Goofy's again.

We went to Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Character Breakfast at Storyteller’s Cafe this past Thursday with a 10:45 reservation. From opening until 10:59am they were utilizing the breakfast menu, but at 11:00am, it switched over to the brunch menu with many more “Served” options. The buffet part remained the same. So brunch is definitely available on weekdays.

Were you able to order off the brunch menu from your server? We want to eat the brunch food, pay the brunch price but go in at like 1030. We'll wait and book at 11 if that's the only way you can order the crab cakes and biegnets.

Were you able to order off the brunch menu from your server? We want to eat the brunch food, pay the brunch price but go in at like 1030. We'll wait and book at 11 if that's the only way you can order the crab cakes and biegnets.
Yes, that’s exactly what we did. Though I don’t remember beignets on the menu so that must be a new addition! Yum!

We did Goofys kitchen tonight. It was wonderful. Price for two adults and two kids with the included tax and tip was $221. We got to take a picture with Chef Goofy at the beginning. Photopass gave us a card to add to the app and then the photographer with goofy scanned it. The pictures in the meal are included - do not cost extra. Interactions were completely back to pre Covid. All the characters stopped at the table, signed autographs and posed for hugs and pictures. They also did their parade through the place multiple times. We checked in around 5:15 for a 5:30 reservation, waited about 5 minutes in the check-in line, waited about 15 for our picture with goofy. Our name was called while in line for Goofy and they just told us to come up to them when we were done. We did that and were seated right away. We liked the food. I really liked this ravioli they were serving. My kids loved all the dessert options. We were done by 645ish. The only negative.. and I'm struggling because it really was great, it that they only had chip, Pluto, and Minnie other than goofy.

Also they were having Pluto pose for pictures instead of goofy on and off.. but folks who missed goofy were able to go back to him when they were done.

We are here a week and are doing all the character meals so I hope I remember to come back and write about each one.

We did Goofys kitchen tonight. It was wonderful. Price for two adults and two kids with the included tax and tip was $221. We got to take a picture with Chef Goofy at the beginning. Photopass gave us a card to add to the app and then the photographer with goofy scanned it. The pictures in the meal are included - do not cost extra. Interactions were completely back to pre Covid. All the characters stopped at the table, signed autographs and posed for hugs and pictures. They also did their parade through the place multiple times. We checked in around 5:15 for a 5:30 reservation, waited about 5 minutes in the check-in line, waited about 15 for our picture with goofy. Our name was called while in line for Goofy and they just told us to come up to them when we were done. We did that and were seated right away. We liked the food. I really liked this ravioli they were serving. My kids loved all the dessert options. We were done by 645ish. The only negative.. and I'm struggling because it really was great, it that they only had chip, Pluto, and Minnie other than goofy.

Also they were having Pluto pose for pictures instead of goofy on and off.. but folks who missed goofy were able to go back to him when they were done.

We are here a week and are doing all the character meals so I hope I remember to come back and write about each one.

I'm so glad to hear it's back to normal. We have 3 out of the 4 booked for our trip, not doing the princess breakfast. I can't wait to hear about Storytellers, that one I am really looking forward to.

You can see my Goofy's review above. We were at the resort for 8 days and did every character meal.

Without a doubt the princess breakfast is an amazing experience. The food was the best food I've had on Disney property, full stop. The interactions and service were amazing. With 20% tip for 2 people and tax it was $319. I felt like it was worth every penny.

Goofy's review is above.

Plaza Inn. We did this at 1040am. I do think doing a later time meant less characters for us. I think that's the trade off. I didn't want to give up the early park time. We did see Minnie, daisy, both mice from Cinderella, chip, dale, Pluto. We got to wave to Winnie the Pooh and tigger before they had to leave. We enjoyed the food and got plenty but did feel a bit rushed and they started to clean up around 11:15. If we did this one again, I would maybe do 10am. However, because we were some of the last people there we got great character interactions and multiple visits from them.

Storytellers: It was busy busy! But we finally got to see Mickey! Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and dale were there. We were seated right away. I wish at this one they did a photopass with Mickey like the others do for goofy and Minnie. I had to set my phone up on a timer to get a family picture. We enjoyed the food and we did brunch. I felt like the additional brunch menu was a little lacking in adult options. Chicken tenders, sliders, grilled cheese, and doughnut hole things. However the buffet food was really good. If we did this again we would come earlier and not pay additional for brunch. The characters moved slow here and we spent a full 90 minutes to see everyone. We did have some big pixie dust at the meal. You can see that in my trip details-here now thread. Our waiter was really incredible.

I know folks say that with character meals - you aren't paying for the food- but we really liked the food and it was a great way to get tummies full for full park days. We timed both plaza inn and storytellers mid morning for an early "lunch". Princess breakfast aside, our favorite was Goofy's kitchen. The song/dance parade, and the full interactions along with the food really pushed it to the top for us. However we all agreed we wished the one at paradise pier with stitch was still a thing.

This was a big all out trip. Now having done them all, I realize that the characters at them don't have much variety, but we like the buffets. We shall see what we decided to do on future trips. I will also say, we were never charged the adult price for our 10 year old. No one asked. I had budgeted the adult price for him. At plaza inn and Goofy's you pay ahead of time. At storytellers they bring the bill.

Glad to answer any questions. Hugs, signing books, and more hugs happened at all of them.

Well darnit! I was so close to booking the princess breakfast for our trip and didn't do it as I just wasn't sure it was worth it. Now after reading that I really regret it. What was the gift that you received at the princess breakfast? Also how long did it take from check in to leaving?

Maybe I'll get lucky with a cancellation.

HI!

What is the difference in food between Goody and Storytellers? Is there a difference in price between breakfast and brunch?

And what was served at the princess?

Thanks!

Well darnit! I was so close to booking the princess breakfast for our trip and didn't do it as I just wasn't sure it was worth it. Now after reading that I really regret it. What was the gift that you received at the princess breakfast? Also how long did it take from check in to leaving?

I often see reservations for the princess breakfast pop up the day before, probably a lot of people get cold feet due to the price and cancel at the last minute. It’s definitely worth checking for it in the days leading up to your visit.

It was a necklace with a princess crown charm and a sinch bag that had princess adventure breakfast on it.

Last edited:
HI!

What is the difference in food between Goody and Storytellers? Is there a difference in price between breakfast and brunch?

And what was served at the princess?

Thanks!
It's hard for me to compare because we did dinner at Goofy's and breakfast/brunch at storytellers. I think Goofy's was more kid friendly and it had more options- especially dessert options.

Princess breakfast is 3 course. They bring you a 3 tier appetizer. Then you go to the buffet and then they bring a tier of desserts. They also brought fries to every table. The buffet had fruit. Mickey chicken and waffles, and the beef thing that was the most incredible thing.. there was more too.

Attachments

• 2F9A39C7-7A17-4613-9E49-15FA8D7A3DE0.jpeg
    2F9A39C7-7A17-4613-9E49-15FA8D7A3DE0.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2291CF88-59A0-4FA8-8735-6D1865C5B571.jpeg
    2291CF88-59A0-4FA8-8735-6D1865C5B571.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 17
  • ECAEC8F6-50FC-4BFE-9DA0-EF07F3C4AB83.jpeg
    ECAEC8F6-50FC-4BFE-9DA0-EF07F3C4AB83.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 17
I am going to try to get the princess breakfast. I am definitely kicking myself for not booking when I had the chance. Hopefully I get lucky in the days before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter