• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we make it to Epcot RD from Kona?

Have you considered using an Uber? That's my plan for getting around Disney. I'm pretty sure they have Uber drivers hanging around because there's a pretty big demand for them. That's my plan, anyway.

I've never actually used Uber. How do you know who to call? Do you have to book in advance? Is it pretty pricey? I'm thinking that might be the only way to get to CG from CG PPO?

DHS is a shared bus from Poly. You would be unlikely to make RD but it wouldn't be difficult.

With Uber, you summon your car via a mobile app. There is no "book in advance" or a call. It's all mobile. It is cheaper than a cab.

DHS is a shared bus from Poly. You would be unlikely to make RD but it wouldn't be difficult.

With Uber, you summon your car via a mobile app. There is no "book in advance" or a call. It's all mobile. It is cheaper than a cab.

Thanks, that's good to know!

We could switch it so that Kona is on our HS morning. We have FPs booked for our morning rides so that could work better. Is it easier to get to HS than Epcot from Kona?

I had initially booked Captain's Grille for our Epcot morning but then it was pointed out to me that it will be hard to get to CG from CR for a 7:30 reservation. I really don't know how we would get there. Perhaps we should just stick with The Wave for our Epcot morning, even though we're eating dinner there the night before. Haha, it's tricky figuring all of this out. I just don't have a sense of the transportation/getting around side of things at all.
I believe I had given you advice about that day earlier. For a first timer I really would advise you NOT to book restaurants if you are going from resort to resort. I know you are staying at CR and it's a bit easier to visit the other monorail resorts but people seriously underestimate the time it takes to get from a resort to resort or a park to another resort and back to your own. Now, if you don't mind losing hours of your day, or the advantages of rope drop to experience certain restaurants then absolutely go for it. It is your vacation after all. Captains Grill is not somewhere that I would miss rope drop for. It also means getting up very early and kind of a hassle to get to. If it were Akershus Princess breakfast I could see the trade off as that is not something you can experience outside of WDW. I will give you an example of going from resort to resort for a meal. We have been to WDW over 50 times so know our way around. Several years ago we were staying at POR and had a dinner ADR at Boma at AKL. It took us 90 minutes to get to AKL , 1 hour for dinner and 90 minutes to return to our resort. 4 hours for dinner and if you read the official Disney site it does say allow 90 minutes for travel time. Now if that had been our first trip I would have been upset that we spent so much time for a meal. I don't mean to dissuade you from eating where you want to but Disney has so many great options INSIDE their parks or at least convenient to the park you are in ( 'Ohana, Kona, Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare if you are at MK or Boardwalk or Beach Club restaurants if you are at Epcot), that there is no need to put your family through the hassle and extra time.

I agree with @eeyoresmom you are trying to plan too much and you are way underestimating travel times.
Do you really need/enjoy a sit down TS breakfast each day? We do many quick breakfasts in our room with fruit, juice and breakfast pastries delivered by Garden Grocer.

I definitely appreciate the advice. I've already scaled back our TS plans by almost half of what we originally had so I've taken it to heart. I guess I was really hoping for Kona as the only non-CR pre-park breakfast option because it sounds so nice and we will not have another opportunity to go to PR. I think this will probably be our only ever Disney trip so was hoping we could swing it. I certainly don't want to add stress to our trip. Hearing the actual times it takes to get places really helps because when planning is just done by looking on maps and trying to determine times based on the info I've read online, it's hard to really grasp how long it might take.

(Our only other TS breakfast is The Wave. We've planned for that since it's at our resort and seems doable.)

I agree with others that the timeline is a little tight for actual rope drop. But, you can still make it there early enough. The tips to get to Kona at 7:15am and then walk to the TTC are spot on. The extra theater at Soarin' has helped a bit. And, while not the most visually appealing queue, the line is indoors and comfortable. You should still still see a nice reduction off the waits later in the day.

Another minor tip, mention your timeframe to your server. I would suggest being polite about it - saying you knew you were booking them close together. But, just so he/she knows you were having an "efficient" vs. leisurely breakfast.

Regardless, enjoy yourself! If it means waiting a little longer in line at Epcot, totally worth it for the extra experience in the morning!

If you do Kona on a DHS day, yes, I would consider taking uber to DHS. As PP noted, you download uber onto your phone and create an account. You then request your pick-up by inputting where you want to go. From location services on your phone, the driver will know where you are for your pick-up. From resort to resort and resort to park in WDW, uber costs about $5 - $10 one way.

If you really want to do Kona for breakfast, your best bet would be on an MK day if that's at all possible.

I schedule a lot of resort meals at WDW, but I always keep them near the park I'm heading to. Kona is on a Magic Kingdom or Epcot day. If it is an Epcot day, that is usually a more laid back day. And we use a taxi to get to them to save a ton of time.

If you want to do in the park breakfasts, what I really like doing is scheduling them later on, 10 am or so. I grab a granola bar for fuel for the morning, and hit the parks running at open. You can get a lot of rides in with very little wait, and then have a nice breakfast.

I schedule a lot of resort meals at WDW, but I always keep them near the park I'm heading to. Kona is on a Magic Kingdom or Epcot day. If it is an Epcot day, that is usually a more laid back day. And we use a taxi to get to them to save a ton of time.

If you want to do in the park breakfasts, what I really like doing is scheduling them later on, 10 am or so. I grab a granola bar for fuel for the morning, and hit the parks running at open. You can get a lot of rides in with very little wait, and then have a nice breakfast.

Our MK days already have meals in place so it's really only Epcot that is uncertain. I have a search in for GG for that morning but there are no restaurants available in Epcot. Are there good QS breakfast options in FW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter