Can we drive to HDDR?

Ga Girl

Mouseketeer
I can't find an answer on the search option. Can we drive our own car to the 9:30 show? How does that work since no vehicles are allowed near Pioneer Hall?
Any answers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You can drive to Ft Wilderness then you have to take a bus to get to Pioneer Hall. If you are coming from MK there is boat launch that is closer than the parking lot.

When I asked this same question last year, I was told that it was indeed faster to go to MK and take the boat to Ft. Wilderness. We did that and had a great time just on the boat ride. We were arriving late in the afternoon and were worried about getting there on time. We allowed for an hour and had plenty of time. It was my 5yo nephew's 1st time at WDW and he was just thrilled with the boat ride. He also enjoyed the show and the food!

There is a parking lot at the front of Fort Wilderness. One side is for checking in, one is for Hoop Dee Do and other visitors. There is a bus stop there and you just need to wait for the next one to take you back to Pioneer Hall. Then take a bus after the show back to the parking lot.

YUP, if you're near MK or more comfortable parking there or want to take the boat over, it leaves you off right there, a 5 minute walk. If you want to drive over, you'll notice there is both an external (still disney) bus and an INTERNAL bus that loops you over to Pioneer hall. So, park and anyone will show you the way, simple as pie.
As an aside, there is a small game room at the back of Crockets Tavern with some cheap games for kids and there is a General Store that is fun to look around in. There in no longer the petting farm :sad1: though. There are some rockers on the porch outside Crockets to relax and People watch, one of my favorite things to do....while waiting to go in Hoop Dee Doo..
Have a wonderful time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter