Can someone other than a parent get a replacement AP?

Nevada Jen

DIS Veteran
we have an unexpected day or two in Anaheim area. My son has a friend with him who has an ap but left it at home. Do you think I will be able to get a replacement one? I have his insurance card and that's it.

No. Parent or guardian only. Maybe they could ship it to you overnight? Or they could give you money for a day pass.

Have the parents call and leave a note on the account that you'll be getting the replacement. I think it costs $25.

Do you think the call ahead method works?
It might. You can tell them to keep calling back until they get the answer they want. Worst case they call, are told no, and you don't go to the ticket booth only to be turned away. Before the reusable cards they used to offer 1 admission without your AP per AP year, but 1. I'm not sure they do that anymore and 2. if need a parent for a replacement, I assume you need a parent for that too. Also, you can't get FPs when they do the except, that still requires the actual AP.

One other thing. My AP card had to be reprinted when the barcode couldn't be scanned and when I got the new one the PhotoPass got replaced and my older, unexpired pictures were lost. If he has Signature, make sure he downloads all of his pics before you replace it.

Does he have a smart phone? (Or you?) If you can link his pass to his or your phone, that would get him his park admission. Then see if guest services can give you a card or ticket for getting FPs.

Does he have a smart phone? (Or you?) If you can link his pass to his or your phone, that would get him his park admission. Then see if guest services can give you a card or ticket for getting FPs.

I was just about to suggest that!

It might. You can tell them to keep calling back until they get the answer they want. Worst case they call, are told no, and you don't go to the ticket booth only to be turned away. Before the reusable cards they used to offer 1 admission without your AP per AP year, but 1. I'm not sure they do that anymore and 2. if need a parent for a replacement, I assume you need a parent for that too. Also, you can't get FPs when they do the except, that still requires the actual AP.

One other thing. My AP card had to be reprinted when the barcode couldn't be scanned and when I got the new one the PhotoPass got replaced and my older, unexpired pictures were lost. If he has Signature, make sure he downloads all of his pics before you replace it.

That's odd. They replaced mine too (when I used my last Premium voucher to get my new Sig+) even though it was still reading, but they decided because my D was a little scuffed, I needed a new card (without the D since it doesn't mean anything anymore and isn't on the new cards... Go figure). But all my old pictures from my old Sig+ Photopass number were still there even with my new one added. In fact they're still there right now.

I wonder if the system hiccuped for one of us?

Still good to be prepared, of course, in case things do disappear. Just so weird that it acted differently.

Reporting back. I had no problem. Didn't even have to show 'id. Although the woman may not have been to with it because she was going to reissue it to my black kid even though the number I face he and digital version I showed her was for a very white kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!