Can I say again how much I HATE park reservations!

Maybe. I think that park hopping tickets are just so much for what you get. Some people can get to all 4 parks in a day, others it is just 2.
I think it really depends on the guest & their touring style/sense of urgency. If you are able to visit every other month or so, it’s easier to convince yourself to ramp down to an easier pace.

when we buy PH tix, we hop. file it under “do it, it’s paid for” mentality.

When we have APs (now, thankfully), 8-9 times out of 10 rarely bother hopping.

Wishful thinking: in the future, if they offered an AP that excluded PH for a significant discount over the then DVC pricing (say another 20% discount), I’d jump on it. would venture many others would too.

I think it really depends on the guest & their touring style/sense of urgency. If you are able to visit every other month or so, it’s easier to convince yourself to ramp down to an easier pace.

when we buy PH tix, we hop. file it under “do it, it’s paid for” mentality.

When we have APs (now, thankfully), 8-9 times out of 10 rarely bother hopping.

Wishful thinking: in the future, if they offered an AP that excluded PH for a significant discount over the then DVC pricing (say another 20% discount), I’d jump on it. would venture many others would too.

I agree that it does depend on touring. Try e guests I take with me all the time always opt for it because we do not want nor need to do AK and HS for a full day

So many times we do one of those in the morning and then hop to Epcot or Mk later.

Now this January that group will be doing only 3 day hopper tickets so we will do AK and HS in one day, and then hop that night to MK for extra hours.

The rest of the time we will do things more leisurely but all will include some level of hopping!

Yes, if available.
Reservations are not a big deal. What is the difference if you get to do that park today or two days from now. Maybe we need to be reminded of the real important things in life and be thankful you are able to go at all.

Reservations are not a big deal. What is the difference if you get to do that park today or two days from now. Maybe we need to be reminded of the real important things in life and be thankful you are able to go at all.
Maybe our flight leaves tomorrow. Maybe we already have other commitments like ADRs and party tickets to work around. Maybe we splurged extra for a split stay that gives easier access to certain parks/days. Probably a dozen more reasons somebody might care. If this is negatively impacting a large portion of guests, should they just ignore it? WDW can stop handing out surveys because what does anything matter.

I went in October slightly after the 50th. There were signs up that MK had no reservations, but I was still able to hop into it.

Personally, I do not understand the rule that you have to tap into the first park before you can visit the second. You still never made a reservation for the second, so I do not see how it helps them with planning. It means that if we have a headache in the morning, we can't skip our first park which is just annoying. That's one rule I really wish would just go away.

I have an AP and my sister will have a hopper. Do I have to make ressies for the second park?

Wonder how long it will be before Disney requires a second reservation for park hopping?

Wonder how long it will be before Disney requires a second reservation for park hopping?

I don’t see that because they know people leave the park.

I think they want to control attendance for the morning and then use the park hopping actual attendance to monitor after two and shut down hopping on a as needed basis..which so far has been once in over two years…the 50th anniversary dayat MK.

I don’t see that because they know people leave the park.

I think they want to control attendance for the morning and then use the park hopping actual attendance to monitor after two and shut down hopping on a as needed basis..which so far has been once in over two years…the 50th anniversary dayat MK.
I never knew they shut down hopping. Boy would I be mad if I paid for such and couldn't do it.

I never knew they shut down hopping. Boy would I be mad if I paid for such and couldn't do it.

They did that one day for that one park. But, that is part of the rules with hopping that it is subject to numbers.

I don’t think we will ever see a situation where all 4 parks are shut to hopping so those who add it to tickets will still be able to hop.

But they did refund it for people who bought them before the closure and couldn’t use it when it was suspended.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter