Can I order a martini at V & A's?

bearpaw

Earning My Ears
I keep reading about the wine pairings at Victoria and Albert's, but we'd prefer a cocktail with dinner. Is that possible?

I have not dined there, but I am with ya on the martini with dinner! I prefer mine dirty, and with a blue cheese stuffed olive! :thumbsup2 I believe what I have read is that you can get anything you want, the waiter gets it from Mizner's Lounge or maybe it was Citrico's bar, which is right next door.

You can certainly have that if you wish.

My husband usually starts our dinners there with a martini. He likes a Bombay martini with olives and as cold as they can get it. He's always been very happy. :teeth: I'm pretty sure they use those little stainless steel servers.

And then we usually do the wine pairings with dinner. We do not drive afterwards!!! ;)

Oh, BCV...that sounds like heaven! lthough I am a vodka martini gal...shhhh, don't tell your DH...most gin drinkers shun the vodka swillers!

Just curious...does he order his martinis "as cold as you can get it?" I agree that a very chilled martini is the BEST but I am afraid if I tell them "well chilled" I will get something watered down from being left on the ice too long.

wildernesslodgelover said:
Oh, BCV...that sounds like heaven! lthough I am a vodka martini gal...shhhh, don't tell your DH...most gin drinkers shun the vodka swillers!

Just curious...does he order his martinis "as cold as you can get it?" I agree that a very chilled martini is the BEST but I am afraid if I tell them "well chilled" I will get something watered down from being left on the ice too long.

Yes, he usually says exactly as cold as you can get it, make it or something like that. He sometimes adds words to the effect if you can skate across it... :lmao: It comes so cold that it shimmers. And I'm sure it is not watered down or he would not be happy. V&A does all things so well. :love:

They have, of course, the capabilities of a full bar. If there is something they do not have they can get it quickly from Mizners.

Thanks BCV! I like that.."so you can skate on it!" LOL! I really hate a lukewarm or room temp martini...ick! I am just wondering about other places of less caliber...if I would get a watered down martini. I KNOW V&As will do it right! Guess I will have to try it myself!

Cheshire...are you saying there is a service bar inside of V&As?

Backstage? I mean...is there a bar that is set up somewhere inside V&A's that only makes drinks for V&A? I am always intrigued by the inner workings of finer establishments. I was under the impression that ALL drinks besides besides wines came from Mizner's Lounge, but I have no idea what *gave me* that impression.

Thanks for the answer. I knew I could count on someone here to reply. These boards are great. We're heading to Disney from Wisconsin just after Thanksgiving and I have my ADR's already to call in! Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter