Can I go to the “No Bags Security” with a tiny purse?

What about Spibelts and the bag vs no bag line? Experiences?

Does anyone but me appreciate the humor in people being worried about going through the security lines as if 2 minutes was going to make or break their vacation? I don't ever recall having spent over 5 minutes in a line and it's usually 2-3 at most. People worry about the darndest things.
Depending on the location and time of day, bag check has taken up to 15 minutes, especially at park opening, if the ferry just dumped off 600 people or the monorail emptied at Epcot.

ETA: back before ferry security was moved to TTC.

I had a tiny bag, with an apple and some raisins for my grandson, and a bottle of water. Before rope drop on a weekday, I was in the 'bag line' behind several people. The line grew and grew- and I didn't notice in time to move but the couple with the stroller in front of me finally drew my attention as they had the stroller- more like a small car- and about four bags. We stood there a LONG time as the husband pulled everything that was under the stroller in the basket, hanging from the handles, the backpack(s), etc. We were near the front of the line and it took about 20 minutes just for us to get to our turn. When we went through after a 10 second cursory glance, I went over to the young couple, and jokingly asked them if they were hiking the Andes after parade. They laughed, and said it was their first time to WDW and the first trip with the baby. The husband said, "But tomorrow, this stuff is staying back at the hotel!" I laughed and went on my way.

My point is this- the bag check line can be VERY slow, depending on so many things. If you need lip balm, a hat, tissues, an apple, etc, it's worth the bag line. If you only need your phone and credit cards, it's awesome to just roll through. I told my friend that when we go in January, she is NOT to bring her crossbody purse that holds everything she owns. She did that last summer in Germany, and it was fine, but NOT in the places where there was security. Those places were awful. She's a packrat, and an overpacker, and needs to be encouraged that "less is more".

Does anyone but me appreciate the humor in people being worried about going through the security lines as if 2 minutes was going to make or break their vacation? I don't ever recall having spent over 5 minutes in a line and it's usually 2-3 at most. People worry about the darndest things.

This. You go through bag check once maybe twice a day.

Bag check is the least of my worries.

In defense of the OP, I understand the frustration.
It's not the time it takes to search a tiny bag that is a problem but the time it takes to await the searching of people with more or bigger bags and those who don't open their bags to help make the process quick, and the contraband items that people will argue should be allowed because they didn't know ice was prohibited or that their multi-tool was left in the bottom of the bag or ...
Maybe these issues haven't popped up for you in a bag check line or maybe you are just a more chill person than I or the OP, but being behind someone who is taking longer at bag check than they should does annoy me. I wish there could be fast and slow walker "lanes" at WDW and I wish there could be different bag check lines based upon a formula of bag volume and number of pockets, but for many reasons, neither will happen. The OP asked a reasonable question for which there should be a better solution than what WDW currently offers.

Wow, I'd love to have only 2-3 min wait times for the lines, or even just 5!

And I know for many it's not always the length of time in line, it's the treatment by some security CMs and the handling (overhandling) of items, and the overall inconsistencies that get under the skin of guests.

I've watched one security guard open every pocket, every zipper on every bag and wallet in someone's backpack and rummage through it all, my husband has watched one literally open up someone's leftovers (from another park) and move the food around to check, meanwhile, in the line next door, the person hardly glances in the bag. Or, much like people are commenting that a woman's wallet gets far more scrutiny than a man's of the same size.

So, it's not always the length of time (be it 2, 5 or 10 minutes) that people are necessarily trying to avoid, but they may be looking to avoid a negative start to their day by the process of the bag checks themselves.

I go through the no bag line all the time with "water bottle carriers." Basically - insulators that fit over a water bottle and clearly hold nothing else. I'm carry a water bottle with insulation around it on a strap - its not a bag. Note - I have done this with the sling from Hydroflask. I have never been told this is bag.

Now - if I combine that with cargo shorts - that probably means I am going through the metal detector - but that's because of the cargo shorts.

Thanks! This is exactly the info we were looking for; I appreciate you sharing!

In some cases, especially the MK it can be *more* than 2 minutes and while waiting in line in the hot sun. My personal record for bag check line time was 12 minutes at MK before MVMCP.

I think there is difference between a bag and a purse so I think you can go with a tiny purse. There should be no issue in it.

Tiny purse = Bag check

Trust me.

You CAN walk through bagless line if you have (ONLY) an umbrella, or a coat (fan it out so they can see it), or a book.

Time for Disney to have lines for small single bags, one for large or multiple bags and strollers. And to be strict about it.

I keep my phone in a clear waterproof holder on a lanyard around my neck. I've done the no bag line with this.
My dad wears cargo shorts every trip. He gets stopped and searched every.single.time. Last trip it became a running joke how he'd get stopped and he should get a shirt made for next time.
But really the bag check line isn't too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter