• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Can close on..." Explain?

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
So looking these seem to be priced cheaper, where they say can close x date! What are these and why cheaper?

It means that they will be finished stripping the contract you are trying to buy by then.

The one I've seen still has all this years and next years points? So they're using this years, I see!

The one I've seen still has all this years and next years points? So they're using this years, I see!

Possibly, or they could have an upcoming trip using banked points from last year.

Nope. They can't advertise it with current year points if they are going to use those before closing. That would be fraud.

They are either using previous year banked points for a upcoming DVC trip, or there is some other reason for the delay in closing. (Divorce, estate, extended trip out of the country, etc...)

ETA: my post was in response to Emmam, two above. Was typing at same time as Chuck.

Or maybe they want to get all the DVC perks before they sell, like the hints for a $399 repeat on the PAP, or TIW discount, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter