Can a US citizen buy passes &/or hotels through Disney's foreign websites?

I purchased via Orlando Attraction Tickets. I messaged them via Facebook prior to attempting to purchase, to confirm they were allowed to sell to US residents. I had a hiccup or two in the buying process and used their live chat feature (during their office hours in the UK), and they were super friendly and helpful. I received the tickets via email and have them linked in MDE and ready for our trip. I also looked at purchasing with Attraction Tickets, and had messaged them and confirmed that they could also sell to US residents. Only chose the company I did because it was a little cheaper.
Thank you for the reply. I'm thinking of doing it with Attraction Tickets. They are including Magic Bands right now. My husband is English and we still have family that lives in England which is what made me even think about this.

I have also purchased the 14 day ticket (for the price of 7) a couple of months ago without any issues (I'm from RI). Heading to wdw in November for 11 nights and that particular ticket (even though I won't use all the days on it) was a much better savings than the wdw 10 day parkhopper + since it came with free memory maker too. I was a bit nervous but I messaged them (Attraction Tickets in the UK) and was told these tickets are available to anyone regardless where you live. These are not the same as the Florida resident tickets, these are just discounted tickets that are sold in the UK (not labeled UK resident only) I just broke down the £ to US $ and saved a total of $500 ($170 was the memory maker) I have been getting some posts from UK guests complaining that I was not allowed to buy these, that they are only for UK guests and that Disney most likely won't let me in with this ticket. All of this is false. They are a ligit, third party reseller and they can sell there tickets to anyone since the e-tickets are sent by email. I didn't have any problems using my Disney visa as payment and they will confirm your mailing and billing address (US is in the drop down for payment) Not sure if I'll ever do another long trip like this again so I may never buy ticket from there since I usually Rent dvc points and will buy my tickets through Disney direct or undercover tourist, but it was a great option to use for this particular trip.

Last edited:
The reason they are NOT resident tickets, is because of EU laws. In the EU, we have freedom of travel between all member countries. Any offer or deal in one country has to be by law available to all countries. So basically its just marketing and promotion to a specific demographic, but anyone can buy them.

Its the same with Disneyland Paris promotions and offers. US people can buy the hotel and ticket package from any country website, on the French, on the UK or the Irish etc etc.

The reason they are NOT resident tickets, is because of EU laws. In the EU, we have freedom of travel between all member countries. Any offer or deal in one country has to be by law available to all countries. So basically its just marketing and promotion to a specific demographic, but anyone can buy them.
The UK hasn’t been in the EU since before Covid. If that was why Disney did that they would have slapped a residency requirement on them when they brought them back after Covid (they changed a lot about their tickets then).

The UK hasn’t been in the EU since before Covid. If that was why Disney did that they would have slapped a residency requirement on them when they brought them back after Covid (they changed a lot about their tickets then).
Actually, the tickets are UK and Ireland tickets. Ireland is a member of The EU.

Its the same with Disneyland Paris promotions and offers. US people can buy the hotel and ticket package from any country website, on the French, on the UK or the Irish etc etc.
Thank you for explaining it a little bit better than what I've been reading. Just many of the Facebook groups I belong to a (some are from the UK) a few of the people in there are making me feel like I'm stealing something and that I'll be arrested when I get to Disney trying to use the tickets LOL

Thank you for explaining it a little bit better than what I've been reading. Just many of the Facebook groups I belong to a (some are from the UK) a few of the people in there are making me feel like I'm stealing something and that I'll be arrested when I get to Disney trying to use the tickets LOL
You are welcome. Thats just gate keeping, as in these are OUR tickets. Nope, the truth is , Disney create these tickets as they know UK and Irish people have more paid time off by law than Americans and can take 14 days off at any time in the year. There used to be a 21 day ticket as well.

Since the mid 80's, WDW package holidays have been heavily promoted in UK and Ireland and there is a huge TA industry. The UK and Irish market is so big compared to other countries Disney even have a third party official TA.

You are welcome. Thats just gate keeping, as in these are OUR tickets. Nope, the truth is , Disney create these tickets as they know UK and Irish people have more paid time off by law than Americans and can take 14 days off at any time in the year. There used to be a 21 day ticket as well.

Since the mid 80's, WDW package holidays have been heavily promoted in UK and Ireland and there is a huge TA industry. The UK and Irish market is so big compared to other countries Disney even have a third party official TA.
I usually can take a two week vacation (I get seven weeks a year) but being in the medical field, it tough.

What a ridiculous reaction from people who clearly don't know what they are talking about. You have done nothing wrong. Even if it wasn't allowed, the party in the wrong would be the seller not the buyer. We are US citizens using UK third party tickets in May and I'm so excited! Enjoy your trip and ignore the haters 😉

What a ridiculous reaction from people who clearly don't know what they are talking about. You have done nothing wrong. Even if it wasn't allowed, the party in the wrong would be the seller not the buyer. We are US citizens using UK third party tickets in May and I'm so excited! Enjoy your trip and ignore the haters 😉
Ill be there in May too😊

I bought ours on attractiontickets.com too. I did one ticket first to make sure it worked which it did. I then tried doing 5 more and it wouldn't go through even though we verified with a code with our credit card that it was us. I had to call the company and they were able to push the sale through. I think it was because it was over a daily limit or something. Anyhow, all six tickets have been added to our MDE accounts. :)

Even if it wasn't allowed, the party in the wrong would be the seller not the buyer.
Actually, not entirely true, it depends on the situation -- the type of ticket and the restriction. Proof of eligibility may fall to the user/buyer, not the seller. For example if one were to buy a FL Resident ticket -- the buyer is still unable to use it without proper ID at the time of use. Without the proper ID they must pay extra to bring it up to regular ticket price. It's the buyer who bears the responsibility of buying and using a ticket for which they are eligible.

The confusion regarding the ticket in question on this thread is likely based off similar based on residency -- FL resident, CAN resident, at DLR there is a SoCal Resident discount ticket available, etc. The issue comes with everyone referring to the "14-Day Magic Ticket" (or the 7-Day Magic Ticket or the previous 21-Day Ultimate Ticket) as the "UK ticket" or the "European ticket" instead of using the ticket name. Using that nomenclature leads people to (incorrectly) think the ticket is restricted in who can use it.

The issue comes with everyone referring to the "14-Day Magic Ticket" (or the 7-Day Magic Ticket or the previous 21-Day Ultimate Ticket) as the "UK ticket" or the "European ticket" instead of using the ticket name. Using that nomenclature leads people to (incorrectly) think the ticket is restricted in who can use it.
That's fair, I do agree that is probably what is causing the misunderstanding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter