Camper Rental - Is it a good idea?

We have tent camped at the fort a few times and in January rented a camper for the first time ever. We had such a wonderful experience we are renting one again February 2022. We use Camper Rental Adventures. (The prices were a little better than Mechams). They had everything set up and ready for us including outdoor rug and chairs, fire pit and golf cart. You can see all their campers with a floor plan picture on their website and their Facebook page has video tours of the campers so you know exactly what you are getting.

Check out an old Dreams show about it:

Some companies will full set it up for you, while some you will have to pick up offsite.

We have tent camped at the fort a few times and in January rented a camper for the first time ever. We had such a wonderful experience we are renting one again February 2022. We use Camper Rental Adventures. (The prices were a little better than Mechams). They had everything set up and ready for us including outdoor rug and chairs, fire pit and golf cart. You can see all their campers with a floor plan picture on their website and their Facebook page has video tours of the campers so you know exactly what you are getting.
I just arranged and paid for a full rental with them. Seemed very nice to work with and helped me out with a discounted cart rental even though I already had a reservation and deposit paid with Kennys. They made it so I pay about same with their price and my deposit but no hassle to go get it.
Have read some great reviews on the company but sadly also some bad ones. What trailer did you get? We have pets so it a couple options. beast is way big for 2 ppl and 2 small dogs. So they mentioned Cooper/copper. I saw the video.on FB and passed. There were busted blinds!! So now we are getting Doug. ( I know it should be Dug based on name themes lol). It looks like a much nicer trailer.

In January we rented the Mary Poppins. We have Ellie reserved for February. Ellie is identical to Doug. I thought they looked nice in the videos. Since we are going in the winter, I thought the fireplace in the Ellie/Doug was a nice touch. We have a teenage son that I think will be more comfortable with the bunk configuration in the Ellie over the Mary Poppins. I too noticed the broken blinds in the Cooper in the video and since it was new to their collection assumed they bought it that way and may fix them🤷‍♀️ Everything in the camper was in good condition when we rented. The golf cart was definitely showing wear but since it was considerably less expensive than renting from Disney, we didn’t care. (The cart ran fine. It just looked older) I hope you have a magical stay at the fort!

I love all this information! I'm still over 700 days out, but I think I'll make my booking right at the 500 day mark if I can :D

My sister who is much more experienced with such things, and does haul her own trailer on adventures around the western US suggested 5th wheels as likely better options for my fam than a camper trailer.

I've been reading up about Premium vs Premium Meadows and it looks like there really aren't any bad spots - everything looks good to me right now. I did warn hubby that I might become addicted to these trips and we might have to make a lot more of them ;)

I love all this information! I'm still over 700 days out, but I think I'll make my booking right at the 500 day mark if I can :D

My sister who is much more experienced with such things, and does haul her own trailer on adventures around the western US suggested 5th wheels as likely better options for my fam than a camper trailer.

I've been reading up about Premium vs Premium Meadows and it looks like there really aren't any bad spots - everything looks good to me right now. I did warn hubby that I might become addicted to these trips and we might have to make a lot more of them ;)
You'll be fine, ask questions , people here are knowlagable and will help planning easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts