• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Camp is over!!

disneyjunkie

DIS Veteran
I'm my way to Port Authority to pick up my son. He has been away at camp since June 28. I have missed him so much!! Can't wait to see how much he has grown in the last month. I'm sure he'll have a ton of stories to tell on the train ride back home. :D
(he's 10)

i know you missed him. glad he is home safe. i like the train idea mine flew to camp but it was in canada so train would have been to long of a trip. she did grow. while she was gone. we are looking for next year already.:D

DARE TO DREAM;)

I'm glad your boy is coming home today :) I hope he had lots of fun at camp :)

He had a BLAST!!! He has been talking about camp nonstop, singing camp songs and chants. I never got to go away to camp when I was growing up. It sounds like I really missed some good stuff.

While we were walking to the subway he looked at me and said Mommy don't forget to sign me up for camp next summer.;)

My two DDs (13 & 11) went to camp last Monday...35 minutes away (a soccer camp, housed at a boarding school). That night I went back to bring them a fan for their room (it was extemely hot). Wednesday, DH and I went to Parents' Night. Friday I picked them up. So much for "going away to camp". :rolleyes:

Glad your DS had a great time...sounds awesome (I never went away to camp either when I was growing up).

There is no way I would have been able to handle a month away from my DS10.

My DD is 8 and she is at camp for three weeks. I've only gotten one letter (very short!) and the dog also got a letter.

My parents are 20 minutes away from the camp, and they went over today for the horseshow, which is a big highlight of the camp session. My mom called me tonight and said DD is having a blast and has made lots of friends. She came in 4th in the horseshow, and cried (she's got an intense personality, LOL!) but then got over the disappointment quickly.

Disneyjunkie, reading your post, I'm getting so excited for her to come home this Sunday so I can hear all the details!! I went to this same camp for 4 summers and loved it, and I'm so happy that DD is able (and willing) to have this wonderful experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter