Camcorders?

ParkNut

Earning My Ears
What do people normally do with their camcorders on the wilder rides like the tower of terror, Rock & Roller Coaster, or on any of the mountain rides. I want to record alot on my upcoming vacation but I'm fraid that someone will always be left behind to hold the camera(Me), while everyone else goes on the rides.

Walt Disney World 80,81,82,83,84,85,86x2,87
88,89x2,90,91,92x2,93x2,
94,95x2,96,97,98x2,99x2,
00x2

NextTrips:April 01

Here is our strategy: camcorder in ziploc bag,
ziploc in camera case, foot through strap of camera case, camera case held tightly between feet.

supermom.gif

I carried my camcorder on all the rides. You should have a camera bag for it. Just set it by your side while holding or sitting on the strap - or wear it around your shoulder. On Rock N Rollercoaster you set it by your feet (Small packages too) and Physics hold it in place. It slides around some but it'll be there when the ride is over!

I took my camcorder almost the entire time last May and it went everywhere with me, if DH was not going on the ride then he would keep it , otherwise nobody got left behind with it, and I don't regret taking it, I have 12 hours of tape that I can watch over and over!

I found a camera bag at Walmart that actually fits onto a fanny pack. It isn't necessarily meant for a camcorder, but mine fits. I have one of the small size cameras. I plan on putting a plastic bag inside for protection on water rides.

We have a camcorder that we take everywhere. Yes I take them on all the rides, and hold them with the strap around either my neck or hand. I have filmed some of the rougher rides with no problem. If you are going on a water ride then, yes, take a ziplock bag, but other than that I have taken the camera on all the rest with no problem. Have fun and get some good footage

Thanks for all the helpful camcorder tips! I just went out and bought a sony digital8(TRV120) camcorder. I also got a water/crush resistant camcorder bag, 2 8hr batteriesm and 16 Hi8 Digital Sony Tapes. Now my only worry is if I bought enough tapes.
Has anyone every recorded on the darker/wilder rides like the haunted mansion, T of T, Pirates, Spaceship Earth, etc. How did the video come out? My camera has NightShot, should I always have this on in the darker attractions? Also any tips on recording fantasmic, or illuminations?
Thanks again,
Dennis

NextTrip:April 01

I filmed the whole Splash Mountain ride by keeping a hat draped over the camera to protect it from water splashing. I found that Disney was very lenient on what you could tape. I was expecting to be told to put the camera away during many shows / rides, but I taped everything without hassle.

Hey ParkNut, I shot 4 tapes on my first trip to WDW, Only 1 on my second! Novelty wears off I guess. I also shot many rides, On the darker rides or Fantasmic, shoot manual focus as the camera has trouble with auto focus at low light levels. Night shot has a limited range (around 8 feet) and shoots in a grainy grayish tone. Most rides should be OK with the Camcorder. Some rides don't allow Cameras (Alien Encounter, TOT, Universe of Energy...) I did use the Night shot on Space Mountain once! It came out pretty well. Just use the Eyepiece (not the flip out screen) or brace it with your arms and shoot in the general vicinity of the action (On the rougher rides it's impossible to use the eyepiece) When you hit dips on Rollercoasters or Splash Mountain, G-forces will make your Camcorder much heavier at the drop and you tend to film your feet at that point! BE prepared and you can avoid this! The best tip is if you want to keep your friends, Edit your tapes before you show them!

Thanks for the great tips. I'm going to be a pro!
Thanks Again,
Dennis

NextTrip:April 01

I always use a back pack in the parks, so I took some bubble wrap (the kind with small bubbles) and taped together a little 'pocket' bag big enough for my camcorder - so that I can slip it in that, and then in the backpack - rather than have it rattling around with everything else in the backpack, at least I feel it is somewhat protected - then I do like everyone said and just put my foot through one of the shoulder straps while on the rides. I like a backpack better than a camera bag because it is much easier on my back and shoulders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter