Calling for specific room requests?

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm staying water view at BWI and want to request specific rooms. When should I call the resort and who should I ask for? Years ago it was the "room assigner" but I'm guessing that may have changed. Many thanks.

I'm staying water view at BWI and want to request specific rooms. When should I call the resort and who should I ask for? Years ago it was the "room assigner" but I'm guessing that may have changed. Many thanks.
Call the Disney resorts reservation line and ask to have your requests added to your reservations. I think some have had success adding them via the MDE Chat function, too, which is what I'd try before calling. I'd do it as soon as you know what those requests are, because room assignments are reportedly made about 5-7 days before arrival. As far as calling the resort , all such calls are routed to a central call center, not to the resort itself, even though the phone number is for that resort.

When making room requests, its best not to specify individual rooms because there is a high likelihood that it would not be available when you arrive. When that happens the room assigner doesn't know why you requested that room. Instead, give things you are looking for like top floor or near elevator.

Has anyone used the room request fax service offered on the touringplans website? They require a subscription to their site which is about $19 yrly. I'm a loyal DIS fan since 1999 so would only use it for this service. I'd be willing to pay it if I hear that anyone has gotten good results.

Has anyone used the room request fax service offered on the touringplans website? They require a subscription to their site which is about $19 yrly. I'm a loyal DIS fan since 1999 so would only use it for this service. I'd be willing to pay it if I hear that anyone has gotten good results.
What is a Fax? 😂

They actually e-mail the requests now. I have only tried twice and didn't get anything even close to what I requested. I know the resort layout, so I never even went to the assigned rooms and stopped at the front desk instead. We did have to wait a few hours for a ready room, but it met our requests. We normally stay 10 to 14 nights at a time, so room location is important to us. There are older threads on this topic and I think it is generally a 40% success rate. I still keep renewing my TP subscription and continue to use them for requests, maybe this year it will work! Years ago I was a room assigner, so I understand the process. My preference is always the location, not a room ready upon arrival.

I used them this time around, unfortunately the request didn't mesh with what was available. I wanted first or third floor. I got second. We were able to move to a first floor room but we had to stay a night in the second floor room.

We had arrived on a Friday and were leaving the following Saturday. The Tetris game was incompatible with what we wanted.

The Touring Plans results don't sound too promising. I'll have to give it some thought. Our trip isn't until 6/17 so I have some time. Virtual hugs. I love the DIS !

I've used it three or four times, with very mixed results. I don't think I would subscribe to TP if you only want it for room requests.

The Touring Plans results don't sound too promising. I'll have to give it some thought. Our trip isn't until 6/17 so I have some time. Virtual hugs. I love the DIS !

Bottom line is a request is ONLY a request, no matter how it is made. I'm about 50/50 using TP OR having my TA put a request on. Sometimes they can meet the requests, sometimes they can't.

As a PP said, it's much better to make the requests more general in what you want. For example, my current one for ASMu Preferred is "1st priority - Calypso Section; 2nd priority - Third Floor; 3rd priority - Pool (if Calypso) or Central Courtyard (if Jazz) facing room." Gives the assigner more info about what I am looking for and also gives them a wider range to look for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter