Calling all Teachers-Free Stuff Collected?

katybugsmom

DIS Veteran
:surfweb:Good morning fellow teachers out there!:teacher:
We are leaving to go "home" next month! Please tell me the things you collected to take back to your classroom-don't forget to include where you got it! Hoping this will help all teachers!:yay:
I will keep updating the list as new items are added!:mickeyjum
Thanks everyone!:tinker:

Not a teacher but we collect these items to send with DS6 to his class when we return.

-Mickey stickers

-white WDW pens

-Disney paper plates and bowls from resort food courts. (great for snack times)

-Mickey glitter (bring little baggie, usually put on tables for celebrations. We collect them even picking them off the ground if we see them. Great for craft projects at school.)

-Disney birthday and celebrating buttons. (Makes the kids day at school even better)

We ask CMs for extra stickers and pens and they are always happy to give us some.

Last edited:
I have used park maps to help 1st/2nd grade students with cardinal directions (N,S,E,W). I like the birthday button idea! @ravenclawtrekkie did you think that was an odd/annoying request, or was it an easy one?

It was a little strange, but I asked a coordinator and they said it was fine to give her the buttons... It was certainly not annoying at all, she was very nice.

Thanks- thinking this would be a really cool idea for my kids for next year. Is it better to ask at a park or a resort (in your opinion)?

Anywhere that has the buttons would probably be fine. I'm not sure how many some locations stock at one time, but in the ticket booths we usually have big plastic bins full of them.

Thanks everyone! Starting the list:

***Make sure you read all the posts in the thread! Lots of good ideas have been posted too!

• WDW white pens
  • Mickey Mouse stickers
  • Disney Resort plates and bowls (for snacks)
  • Confetti (take zip-loc to put it in-great for craft projects)
  • Birthday Buttons
  • Anniversary Buttons ( for faculty and staff)
  • Disney World maps (English and other languages)
  • Disney Resort toiletries (very much needed in my school:guilty:)
  • Leis (if you stay at Poly or attend luau)
  • Bookmarks-Belle's Storytime
  • Transportation cards (collectible)
  • Activity sheets from World Showcase

Last edited:
Not a teacher, but the tolitries would be good - sometimes kids need "extra stuff" at home and a teacher can discreetly give them a bag with soap, shampoo, etc... to those students - plus it has some mickey magic!

I always use my unused snack credits to buy candy or treats that I can bring back to my class after my trip. Yes, I take days off school to go to WDW. :)

I always use my unused snack credits to buy candy or treats that I can bring back to my class after my trip. Yes, I take days off school to go to WDW. :)

I've done that before too on previous trips! Great tip for everyone!
'

I'm not saying I agree with all ideas, but I'm putting them on the list for anyone who might like an idea. Just trying to put together a helpful website! I know teachers are smart enough not to ask for enormous amounts-everything costs, both Disney and we, as the consumers!

Teachers. The great folks that think of their students while on vacations. Love the people who have taught and thought about my kids over the years. We may pick up some pens for my kids to give their new teachers in the fall. Thank you thoughtful teachers!

Thank you!pixiedust:

I love Disney and "my kids" know of my love of Disney but I never thought to bring anything back for them. Maybe I teach high school so it's a bit different but any supplies kids or I need, I just look for sales and use coupons to get a good discount. I usually just tell the kids some of my Disney adventures or have some Disney decorations around to showcase a bit of my "personal life". Btw, the Mickey Pants Sundae aka as Mickey's Kitchen Sink comes in a container that is a cute classroom decoration item!

I have asked DISboards to delete this thread for me. It was supposed to help fellow teachers, not a place where someone can slam them. I understand everyone has a right to their opinion, and I have already said I don't agree with everything on the list. I've never used this forum to be so blatantly negative or mean. I have been a teacher for 27 years and I have never once regretted it! Sorry I angered you so much!

I have asked DISboards to delete this thread for me. It was supposed to help fellow teachers, not a place where someone can slam them. I understand everyone has a right to their opinion, and I have already said I don't agree with everything on the list. I've never used this forum to be so blatantly negative or mean. I have been a teacher for 27 years and I have never once regretted it! Sorry I angered you so much!
I'm shocked at the responses on this thread. My DD is a teacher here in FL and spends a good deal out of pocket to provide things for her students including shoes. Picking up buttons , maps, etc does not cost any of you. I'm a shareholder and it's no big deal and it helps kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter