Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Happy Thanksgiving to you all too !! I had no idea it is going to be 50 on thanksgiving!!! 🎉We are going to my sisters but I’m bringing 5 dishes !! 🤪 At least I don’t have to clean before and after !! Slo are you hosting ? Cooking ?

Reactions: slo
Happy Thanksgiving to you all too !! I had no idea it is going to be 50 on thanksgiving!!! 🎉We are going to my sisters but I’m bringing 5 dishes !! 🤪 At least I don’t have to clean before and after !! Slo are you hosting ? Cooking ?
Hosting - we host every holiday.
Everyone (My mom, MIL, DH and myself) has their assigned dishes so no one has to do everything. It works out really well 🙂👍🏼

You must be so excited she’s home !! I can’t imagine what I’m going to do when my 16 year old twins go off to college other than cry !!

You must be so excited she’s home !! I can’t imagine what I’m going to do when my 16 year old twins go off to college other than cry !!
Very excited - we are very close. ❤️

I’m not going to lie - it wasn’t easy when she first left for school. Her and I were together a lot, so having her gone was a big void for me. I keep myself busy which helped me adjust to the new normal. She calls, texts and FaceTimes me all the time, and when she’s telling me about all her adventures, the new friends she’s making and how happy she is, it makes any sadness about her being gone wash away, because I’m just so happy that she’s happy.

Do your kids have any thoughts on where they want to go to college? Far away or easy driveable distance? My DD is 2 1/2 hours away, so not a bad drive at all.

Hello all. Boy do I miss just hopping in car and driving to Chicago!! I was bad girl back in day who left her husband of a week and took off for Chicago to meet up with you all at the pizza place. If a meet up happens I'd love to come if I can. It's been way to long since I've met up with Disney friends other than helenabear ( Elaine) and Towncrier ( John) who live fairly close to me. I do also still talk to Lily.

Hello all. Boy do I miss just hopping in car and driving to Chicago!! I was bad girl back in day who left her husband of a week and took off for Chicago to meet up with you all at the pizza place. If a meet up happens I'd love to come if I can. It's been way to long since I've met up with Disney friends other than helenabear ( Elaine) and Towncrier ( John) who live fairly close to me. I do also still talk to Lily.
Hey there :wave2:
I need to start a thread very soon to see if people will be interested. If there’s a good response, then I’m thinking sometime the end of January. Which pizza place are you referring to? I’ll put that on a list of possible locations.

Fun times back then, Juli. If Sandy and the Chicago folks can pull off a Chicago dis meet, sure hope you, Elaine, John, Lily and others can make it. Lots of folks there in Ohio.
I need to start a thread very soon to see if people will be interested. If there’s a good response, then I’m thinking sometime the end of January. Which pizza place are you referring to? I’ll put that on a list of possible locations.
I'm pretty sure that would have been Gino's East in Rolling Meadows, Sandy. That location is no longer there. Only two in Chicago and one in Wheaton.

I know that I would be interested in driving from Madison to the Chicago are for some pizza! A weekend would be best for me :).

I know that I would be interested in driving from Madison to the Chicago are for some pizza! A weekend would be best for me :).
Great - weekends are best for me too 🙂👍🏻

Good morning everyone!
I just posted a Chicago DIS Meet thread on the CB. Please let me know if you are interested in attending :wave:

Thanks for the link Dan - that meet was fun!
It‘s so hard to believe that was 16 years ago - Stephanie was only 8yrs old.
I think that meet was at Yorktown Mall, which was nice with the food court - everyone could eat what they wanted and lots of space to mingle around.

Hey Chicago Friends! :wave:

It’s been awhile since this thread was on the front page.
If you’re in the Chicago area and would like to pop in and say Hi 👋 - it’ll be great to see you.

Hot and stormy day for all of us today - stay safe everyone.

Hello! Definitely a hot day! Hopefully will cool off in the next few days as we only have a room AC and the AC in my car doesn't work, so that is always fun on these days. Our joke is that the AC doesn't work so well in my car when it's not moving.

Becky - thanks for coming to the thread. Try to stay cool as best as you can. Cooler days are coming. What part of the Chicagoland area do you live? I’m in NW Indiana

@Dan Murphy - everyone is doing great by me. How’s your family doing? When do your grandkids go back to school. Katie leaves on the 15th :sad:

Last edited:
Becky - thanks for coming to the thread. Try to stay cool as best as you can. Cooler days are coming. What part of the Chicagoland area do you live? I’m in NW Indiana

Dan - everyone is doing great by me. How’s your family doing? When do your grandkids go back to school. Katie leaves on the 15th :sad:
I'm just under an hour west of Chicago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter