Called DME to add it to my reservation, was told to call agent?

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I know I've read here to contact DME directly as they will get things taken care of better than Disney agents will. But when I called to add it to my reservation as I have air information now, the recorded messages says to contact you agent to set that up. Well, I rented DVC points. I don't have an agent to call. Should I just call them again and they will acquiesce to set it up?

Did you call (407) 939-1936 ? The automated system should ask for your reservation number to verify you have an onsite reservation, and then connect you with a DME agent. I just called a moment ago and didn't get anything stating I had to call a travel agent to book them.

If you are renting points, I'm about 99% sure the person who made the reservation for you (DVC owner) has to make your Magical Express arrangements. Or you can try using this online form HERE

Calling multiple times won’t get you a different result in this case. The reservation is supposed to be made by the DVC owner. You can try that form, but I know when making MDE reservations through DVC the form is a bit different than that.

I'm confused. If all you do at the beginning of the call is enter your reservation number, how does the system know if you are the DVC owner or a renter?

I would suggest posting on the DVC Mouscellaneous board and changing your heading to something like: Rented DVC Points, Booking Magical Express

And ask: does the owner have to book Magical Express for me, or can I book it myself?

It's been a long time, but when we rented DVC points, the owner had to arrange the DME reservation.

I think they had another number to call. So if you call the "regular" number, but your reservation indicates staying at DVC, they know it's not right. Just a guess though

I'm confused. If all you do at the beginning of the call is enter your reservation number, how does the system know if you are the DVC owner or a renter?

I would suggest posting on the DVC Mouscellaneous board and changing your heading to something like: Rented DVC Points, Booking Magical Express

And ask: does the owner have to book Magical Express for me, or can I book it myself?
Phone number mismatch, most likely.

I think it's a case of YMMV when it comes to arranging your DME ride on rented points. Years ago we used a friends DVC and I called DME directly to book it. The only thing that was asked of me was the reservation number. When adding the Dining Plan they had to call to add it.

I have seen a lot of people here say they have been able to make there own and a few others say they were told the person making the DME reservation has to do it. You can always try the HUCA (hooka) method, Hang Up Call Again and talk to another agent.

I rented DVC points and booked the magical express myself via the online form that was posted above. Worked great.

While there are some things that only the DVC owner can do when you rent points, making the DME reservation IS NOT one of them. As long as you have the resort reservation number you can book DME yourself.

As for the recording: yes, it is trying to direct people ro either their travel agent or to Disney reservations, but just ignore the message and move forward. The DME agent will not turn you away or even refer to the message. It's not a big deal.

Steve

Every time I've rented DVC points, I've been able to complete the online DME form myself with no issue. I would try that before going back to the broker/owner.

I will say my online request failed and I made two of them.

Calling worked and even though I was a week out they still got me tags in time.

Many people have no issues online though.

Weird. Did you get the confirmation emails afterwards? We go about 5-6 times a year, and I always do the reservation online since we’re Canadian and I hate the huge long distance charges that calling tends to generate. We’ve never had the request fail.

Weird. Did you get the confirmation emails afterwards? We go about 5-6 times a year, and I always do the reservation online since we’re Canadian and I hate the huge long distance charges that calling tends to generate. We’ve never had the request fail.

Yup for both requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter