California vs Florida

In my opinion, yes. I live on the east coast and have only been to Disneyland twice despite going to WDW numerous times. I now prefer Disneyland more than WDW and is my second favorite Disney park (with TDR being number 1). The walkability between the two parks and Downtown Disney cannot be beat. Disneyland also has the superior versions of a lot of rides such as Pirates and Small World.

Yes! I also live on the east coast and have taken my kids to WDW multiple times. I had been to Disneyland a few times before my kids but it had been a while. We went in 2019 and they loved it so much we are headed back in a few weeks. We liked not having to take to buses everywhere. You could easily walk to DD, CA & DL. They liked the history of the park and the size, just the general feel. We loved Pirates and Small World better there. You also can't beat the weather! Not having to deal with that Florida humidity was awesome! Although it was hot in the sun and they didn't have the fans, misters, indoor ride queues that WDW has. Not sure if this is still the same because we went pre-Covid but the characters did more interesting things. Like we saw Alice ride the teacups and things like that.

Yes!!!!! We are WDW vets. That used to be the only place we went. Then, way back in the summer of 2008, I went to Irvine on a business trip and took DH and we spent one open to close day at DL/CA. We saw Aladdin at CA that trip and when DD was 4 in 2010, they were talking about closing the show (it wound up being extended for a few more years) and she loved Aladdin, so that turned into a full DL/CA trip so she could see it before it closed. Fast forward to 2022, and we have been to DLR every year since 2010, except for 2020. For a while we were doing both WDW and DLR in a year most years, but we haven't been to WDW since 2018. DH will tell you the only thing he misses from WDW when we go to DLR is World Showcase at EPCOT. DLR is so much easier and the weather is so much better. Plus, it is worth a trip just to see Carsland and ride RSR- and it doesn't matter if you are not a Cars movie fan- it is still fantastic!

East Coast person here, from Pennsylvania. I have been to WDW so many times I have lost count. In 2009 I decided to check out Disneyland since it is the original park and as a kid I loved watching Walt Disney. I was immediately smitten with Disneyland as other posters have said the ability to walk between the 2 parks not having to wait for the buses was fantastic. There are so many hotels nearby within walking distance to the parks as well. It's cool to compare the rides that are the same as WDW but are a bit different and then the rides that are only in Disneyland makes it fun to visit. So far my favorite is WDW but I have started going to Disneyland each year in the Fall, if just for the Nightmare before Christmas overlay. I have been fortunate enough to visit the 2 parks in China and Disneyland Paris the Pandemic has put the kibosh on getting to Japan, hopefully that will be next year. But I think you will enjoy Disneyland. I fly from Philly to SNA It's smaller than LAX and it's about a 20 minute ride to the Disneyland resort.

We do WDW and DL back to back on every trip. WDW is good for longer trips and non-park experiences. Disneyland is pure unadulterated Disney magic. I LOVE Disneyland and I like WDW. They're not alike.

Yes. Food's better at WDW, but there are several attractions and restaurants at DLR/DCA that are worth the trip - Carthay Circle Restaurant, Blue Bayou, Incredicoaster, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Trader Sam's Tiki Bar, Pixar Pal-a-Round, Cars Land, Radiator Springs Racers. Additionally California has some of the most spectacular scenic beauty on the North American Continent - Big Sur, Sequoia, Tahoe, Yosemite, Malibu, La Jolla, Golden Gate.

We do WDW and DL back to back on every trip. WDW is good for longer trips and non-park experiences. Disneyland is pure unadulterated Disney magic. I LOVE Disneyland and I like WDW. They're not alike.
Im afraid that will be us in the future. Doing WDW and DL back to back because we can't pick one 😂

Yes. You'll get to see the superior (and original) version of Fantasmic! (And lots of other reasons to go as posted above.)

Last edited:
I live 20 minutes from Disney World and go twice a week.
I go to DL once a year, it is superior to DW.
Most every attraction and show are superior.

It’s a pain to get to with a very long flight then another hour from the airport that’s the downside.
Once your there no more buses or ubers as both parks are next to each other and very close by the hotels.

You’ll be surprised how crappy DW is to DL.

If you HAVE 🙄 to come to the Left Coast, avoid the above-mentioned hour ride from the airport by flying in to SNA or LGB. Both just about 20 mins away. Small airports, easy to get in and out.

But again, nuthin to see here, these are not the parks you're looking for, move along....

Alice still rides the teacups. When the ride started she put her hands up in the air like it was a roller coaster!

A 10 minute walk from your hotel to the gates (true story!), MUCH better weather (no thunderstorms, minimal humidity).

Disneyworld doesn't appeal to me at ALL. I mean, I know there is tons of neat stuff to see, but I hate humidity and lining up to take a bus just to get to the park turns me off!

If you HAVE 🙄 to come to the Left Coast, avoid the above-mentioned hour ride from the airport by flying in to SNA or LGB. Both just about 20 mins away. Small airports, easy to get in and out.

But again, nuthin to see here, these are not the parks you're looking for, move along....
I wouldn't say that LAX:WDW just as SNA: DL. But I wouldn't NOT say it.

Fly into SNA. It's like the champagne of airports.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter