California Grill ADR Brunch not able to book?

I posted this in my reviews, but you all don’t read there so I’m repeating myself partially here.

The theme song from the Patty Duke was playing in my head the whole time we were in there:

While Kathy adores a minuet,
The ballets russe and crepes Suzette,
Our Patty loves to rock and roll,
A hot dog makes her lose control.
What a wild duet!

Ever since second grade when I watched the reruns after school, I wanted to try crepes Suzette. I had IHOP’s version one time, but it didn’t seem authentic. :laughing:

There is a video on YouTube showing Julia Child making them. The chef at the California Grill may have seen that vid because his moves were identical to Mrs. Child’s.

The flambé part amazes me. I am confident that I would burn down my house if I tried to do that. :lmao:
I've read several reviews of CG but didn't recall the crepe suzette station; prolly blinded by the mimosas:flower1:.
They are very easy to make at home (I've even made them at the campground) and you can even make a run over to Stew Leonard's and buy the crepes already made. In Yonkers the crepes are located in a standalone refrigerated unit next to the bakery.

Have a CG reservation for July 9 and looking forward to nooooo issues:).

I was going to call today but they don't seem to know exactly! We have booking for 1st of July, I will keep on eye on this discussion.

That is why when I called I asked her to call the California Grill itself. So we knew for sure it wasn't a computer problem. I hope someone that goes soon will ask and let us know.

I really hope they don't cancel it. This was suppose to be my 40th birthday celebration meal :). I don't want to turn forty without it! lol

That would be sad. :sad2: I hope they don't cancel it too.

I've got a reservation June 24 and I'm really looking forward to it! I have a feeling it's just a glitch, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

When I called they said it wasn't a glitch - I put that back on page 2 I think. It was purposely taken off the site. We will see.

Twitter post/reply from the official Walt Disney World Today account that brunch is still offered, apologies for difficulty booking and will pass along news of issue to IT team. Who knows if departments talk to each other but the twitter account is official/verified.

Thanks for the information. It truly is unbelievable that we don't know what the correct answer is. The CM I spoke to specifically said that it was not a computer issue and that is was taken off the site purposely. I just would like to know if we are eating brunch there on our MK day because I have to book my FPs soon.

I love how I can check the boards after work and there are such drastic changes from the morning. It’s crazy to me
that Disney struggles so much in informing their CMs with the correct information.

Either way I’m thrilled that brunch is back on the site. I’ll be even more thrilled once it opens for availability again. That’s when deep breaths can once again be taken.

Thank you everyone for your efforts!! If the brunch does remain we can use this thread for our reviews :jumping1:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter