Cabin Category changes for 2022

yowcruiser

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at Cabin type descriptions for the different Disney ships and looks like DCL has released some information on Category changes:

Dream class ships:
8D moving to 8C
8C moving to 8B
5C moving to 5B
5E (extended verandahs) moving to 4E (DCL finally realized that those AFT extended verandahs are worth more $$$)
4D moving to 4C
4C moving to 4B
V moving to 3A (accessible or not)
Accesible Concierge 1-bedroom moving to 2B
T moving to 2A and 2B
R moving to 1A

Magic class ships:
Only concierge categories are moving (V, T, R)

I saw this a few dayes ago and actually alerted my TA in case she hadn’t noticed. This was important to me because I book 5E. So 5E and 4E are the same price. Since the 4E rooms are bigger square footage and sleep 5, and have the round tub, I wonder if the original 5E Cabins might be easier to get, even though more expensive Now. Plus once you book gty 4E you will now know if you’re getting deck 5 4E cabins or aft 5E cabins. Ugh. I don’t like change.

Ugh how do I find a map of the new room classification configuration? Hope they have one out tomorrow.

I saw this a few dayes ago and actually alerted my TA in case she hadn’t noticed. This was important to me because I book 5E. So 5E and 4E are the same price. Since the 4E rooms are bigger square footage and sleep 5, and have the round tub, I wonder if the original 5E Cabins might be easier to get, even though more expensive Now. Plus once you book gty 4E you will now know if you’re getting deck 5 4E cabins or aft 5E cabins. Ugh. I don’t like change.
From what I can tell, 4E staterooms don’t have more interior square footage. Some sleep 4, but many sleep 3. I don’t think they have the round tub, either. The only difference between 4E and 5E looks to be location. I may be wrong, so if anyone knows for certain, I’d love to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter