cab to atlantis--safety?

susca

Earning My Ears
Hubby and I will be cruising on the 6/26 Wonder and have been researching all the Nassau excursion options. Since the next day will be Castaway Cay I just don't know if we should do a beach excursion in Nassau or save the money and take a taxi to Atlantis then enjoy the ship. My only concern is the safety of taking a taxi. Our experience with taxis in Jamaica was less than memorable (I'm happy to be alive and typing this!) and I'm worried that the Bahamas could be the same. Need advice from you experts! :D

I'm so excited about this trip! :Pinkbounc It will be our first cruise!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My DS9 and I took a cab over to Atlantis and it was perfectly safe. It was $4 each plus a dollar for the bridge. If I remember, it took about 5 minutes. Got a return cab right outside the resort and shared it with some other cruisers. Have a great trip!

It is a short cab ride. but they do drive like maniacs! It did seem relatively safe - all things considered. The cabs were nice - not wrecks- and the drivers polite, but they drive fast on very narrow seats. Be prepared!!!

We took a van/cab with other cruisers last year and it was very safe. we got one outside the resort for the return trip. You won't have a problem. :D

We've done cabs on our own to Atlantis twice and never had a problem. The cabs are vans and the ride is really not that long. I don't think any of our drivers drove bad at all (I had a worse ride when we came home after our last cruise and had to take a local cab).

One word of caution - the ride to Atlantis is a little shorter than the ride back due to one way streets. You get charged the same both ways, but the first time our driver took us back I wasn't quite sure where he was taking us, but we were soon in sight of the ship again. Just wanted to save anyone the moment of panic I felt.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a cab over to Atlantis!

For us it was the fastest cab ride we ever took!!! :o

BTW from what I have read here on the noards it is better than the boat ride to Atlantis :rolleyes: relativlely speaking!!!

Our cab driver from the Atlantis to the ship was a real MANIAC! Speeding down small roads with the radio BLASTING, the only time he slowed down a little was to make a comment to a “Lovely Lady”. :smooth:
DD was only 4 at the time with no car seat, I was screaming at the diver to slow down, but he couldn't hear me over the music.

Bottom line, choice your driver carefully, and avoid the ride if you have children traveling with you.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter