BWV Standard Rooms Gone Starting January 2024

Me too, I've been anticipating a 2 bed Jan 14 - 21/24. Really want BW view, I hate paying the same points for "preferred" view. I don't know who prefers that view. Not a hope in you know what to get standard view which I prefer to "preferred" view. Trip with my 2 adult kids and dd's significant other. He has never stayed at Boardwalk, and hasn't been to Disney since he was a kid. Might have to split BC with something else at 7 months. :sad:

Me too, I've been anticipating a 2 bed Jan 14 - 21/24. Really want BW view, I hate paying the same points for "preferred" view. I don't know who prefers that view. Not a hope in you know what to get standard view which I prefer to "preferred" view. Trip with my 2 adult kids and dd's significant other. He has never stayed at Boardwalk, and hasn't been to Disney since he was a kid. Might have to split BC with something else at 7 months. :sad:
Considering they're all lock-offs, I think it's somewhat unlikely the 2BR BW would have been available at 7 months anyway and you'd have to grab it through stalking.

And in that sense, you have roughly the same odds as normal times as you're dependent on a cancellation and there seems to be normal inventory of BW view, so there should be a normal volume of cancellations.

Considering they're all lock-offs, I think it's somewhat unlikely the 2BR BW would have been available at 7 months anyway and you'd have to grab it through stalking.

And in that sense, you have roughly the same odds as normal times as you're dependent on a cancellation and there seems to be normal inventory of BW view, so there should be a normal volume of cancellations.
That's at 11 months. I'm a Boardwalk owner.

That's at 11 months. I'm a Boardwalk owner.
Ah, I misinterpreted the "Might have to split BC with something else at 7 months".

You should be able to book at 11 months, there's still a lot of G/P online for 2BRLO and while I share your opinion BW is superior to G/P for the same points, it's not like everyone from Standard is shifting to BW view.

It wouldn't hurt to do it right at 8am (or walk it), of course.

Ah, I misinterpreted the "Might have to split BC with something else at 7 months".

You should be able to book at 11 months, there's still a lot of G/P online for 2BRLO and while I share your opinion BW is superior to G/P for the same points, it's not like everyone from Standard is shifting to BW view.

It wouldn't hurt to do it right at 8am (or walk it), of course.
I get it. If I have to do BC I'll need to book part at 11 and hope for the rest at 7 because I don't have enough BC points to book the week. But I'll definitely be online at 8 am the day my 11 month window opens hoping for Boardwalk. I hope you're right about my chances. From the rest of the posts in this thread I was losing hope of the 2bed even at 11 months.

I have a prediction that I expect to come true either later today or tomorrow, January 31, 2023.

Prediction:
1 Bedroom Villa - Garden/Pool View will be bookable for 12/31/23 but there will be no availability for 1/1/24. There will be availability for 1/2/24 and later.

It seems likely the same will happen for Studio/2BRLO G/P as well, but I'm less confident 12/31 won't also run out of availability.

I have a prediction that I expect to come true either later today or tomorrow, January 31, 2023.

Prediction:
1 Bedroom Villa - Garden/Pool View will be bookable for 12/31/23 but there will be no availability for 1/1/24. There will be availability for 1/2/24 and later.

It seems likely the same will happen for Studio/2BRLO G/P as well, but I'm less confident 12/31 won't also run out of availability.
Well this happened faster than I expected for G/P studios:
Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 3.45.06 PM.png

Odds of this being a glitch are really low considering there's an announced hard goods refurb that will require rooms be taken offline and there is (some) observable logic to which rooms are going offline at which time.

Well this happened faster than I expected for G/P studios:
View attachment 736340

Odds of this being a glitch are really low considering there's an announced hard goods refurb that will require rooms be taken offline and there is (some) observable logic to which rooms are going offline at which time.
Agree that is likely not a glitch as it is not even unusual. Even sometimes in past years the p/g studies have booked full right at 11-months out for two or three days around NYE. NYE itself is usually the highest demand day of the year for DVC at WDW.

Agree that is likely not a glitch as it is not even unusual. Even sometimes in past years the p/g studies have booked full right at 11-months out for two or three days around NYE. NYE itself is usually the highest demand day of the year for DVC at WDW.
This not a 'high demand' situation, per se. 12/31 was bookable at >11 months but 1/1 was not. That shouldn't be possible without rooms being taken offline.

Looks like there's some studio walkers as 12/30 is now available but 12/31 is not.

Still expect the 1/1 unavailability to happen to 1BR-G/P some time today, too.

There were no boardwalk View rooms available to book from 9/9 to the Friday after thanksgiving (11/24). So that was 20% of the bw inventory that was not available to book during F & W. Therefore garden/pool view and standard view got hit hard. We’ve been expecting the other views to experience this too. So if it’s the same pattern Of 3 months, then the lost of this inventory could be 3 months Also. This is hard news for folks like me who classify themselves as point misers and book standard 99.9% of the time. Glad I own at BLT, but I shouldn’t have any problem booking garden/pool view at the 11 month window.
Point miser here!!!! I’ve splurged for boardwalk view and pool/garden occasionally but….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter