BWV dryer slow

snowFairy

Earning My Ears
I just got back from our first DVC stay in 1 bedroom villa in BWV. Everything was great except the dryer took forever (2 full cycles of 2 hours each, total 4 hours) to get clothes dry. Are all the dryers slow or did we get unlucky?

I've noticed that for years now! it's awfully slow! Very glad to have a washer/dryer available, but can't stand the dryers there, they take forever!! we've stayed a bout 10 times at BWV since 2012, and they've all been slow....

Glad to hear we are not the only one! We are thrilled to have laundry facility too, makes packing so much easier! Do all dvc use this kind of slow dryer? Hopefully we’ll get updated ones in the upcoming refurbishment.

Please report this so they can clean the vent or maybe even replace the dryer. I have never had a problem with the dryers at DVC, I was always impressed at how quickly they dried things.

Please report this so they can clean the vent or maybe even replace the dryer. I have never had a problem with the dryers at DVC, I was always impressed at how quickly they dried things.
Oh that's interesting. I'll report this then.

We've never stayed at BWV, but have used the dryers at other DVC resorts and never had an issue with them. There is something wrong if it's taking 4 hours to dry clothes. I agree with the previous poster it should be reported.

What heat setting are you using? I find the dryers are fine when it’s high heat but anything less than that, I’m looking at 4 hours to dry a load as well. (Had this experience at BWV and VGF, the dryers in the communal DVC laundry room were fine on other settings.)

Not unlike ALL appliances at resort, they are used HARD. They are used 365 days a year.
When you see an appliance not working well..,. Call it in.
It will not help the gst USING the room but the future gst will be thank full.

This is one reason rooms are taken out of service or not available till later in day.

What heat setting are you using? I find the dryers are fine when it’s high heat but anything less than that, I’m looking at 4 hours to dry a load as well. (Had this experience at BWV and VGF, the dryers in the communal DVC laundry room were fine on other settings.)
It was already on high setting…

suggestion

The w/d in the rooms are budget residential units - the ones in the laundry are $$ industrial units that will get so hot they can burn your hand on the high setting. I can dry 2 pairs of men’s jeans in 35 min in the laundry. I would use that over any in room unit if you are pressed for time or have anything more than light summer clothes. Just be be careful with delicate clothes use low heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter