• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying without a broker?

webepirates

Earning My Ears
Its a possibility that a friend of mine through work may want to get rid of DVC due to personal circumstances...how does one go about this since no website or broker is involved? I don't have ton of details yet. Figured it was best to get some info first. Any input appreciated..thanks

not much of an advantage to buying without a broker.

the contract still has to go to DVC for ROFR (in other words, if you cut the price down since there is no broker involved, DVC can still take the contract away from you if they think the price is good enough.) it's not likely that DVC is ROFRing very many contracts these days, though.

aside from ROFR, you'd still need to make sure the closing process is correctly handled from a legal standpoint.

The advantage is that the seller will not pay any percentage for his sell, so you may have a better price per point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter