buying groceries on site question

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
We're staying at the BCV in a studio and wondered where is the best place on site to buy things like juice, bread cold meats snacks? Is it worth it to take the bus to a grocery store or just bite the bullet and buy the things at the marketplace on site?

If you are open to it, you can use a website like Instacart to purchase groceries and have them delivered to your resort. One nice thing is you have options for various grocery stores depending on your budget and tastes. We plan using Instacart to get groceries from Aldi when we travel in August.

Not much of a selection may be a difficulty.

If you've not yet made transportation arrangements from the airport to WDW, investigating the car services may be worth doing. They generally will allow a grocery stop, enabling you to shop for what you prefer at much lower prices than the delivery services or on-site "markets."

There are multiple grocery stores within 5-10 minutes. Id take an uber/Lift to one and stock up.

Not much of a selection may be a difficulty.

If you've not yet made transportation arrangements from the airport to WDW, investigating the car services may be worth doing. They generally will allow a grocery stop, enabling you to shop for what you prefer at much lower prices than the delivery services or on-site "markets."
We looked into a car service that allows a 20 minute grocery stop at no extra cost. The cost of the car service is $86 more than Sunshine Flyer for our family. Not sure if the savings on the groceries and not having to stop at other resorts is worth the cost. I'm also hoping Sunshine Flyer runs the same promo as last year where kids ride free.

How long are you going to be on-site?
I will say when we stay in the studios for 2 weeks, we bring cereal, bagels, and dry goods in our suitcases. Deli meats, bread, cases of water, gallon of water (for if we want tea), 1/2 gallon of milk, we buy at the mini-grocery store onsite. We usually end up getting another pack of bagels at the little store too. Prices aren't too bad.

Here's the order form (prices are the same in the store), the order form is only if you are a DVC member:
https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...c-resorts/BW_Grocery_Order_Form_July_2021.pdf

*there may be an even more recent form, but I haven't researched much*

Now, we do have access to Amazon Prime so maybe the next time we go, we might get a grocery delivery via Amazon Fresh, but not sure.

We get Entenmann's Chocolate Chip Cookies at the start of the vacation and then a box or two (depending on expiration date) to take home. They don't have those in CA anymore (loved them when I was younger!)

We have often gotten what we needed for breakfasts (including eggs & bacon when in a 1BR) & snacks for DH and me at the resort grocery. The convenience outweighed the extra cost.

Usually I just buy the basics at the Marketplace store at the resort - despite the fact that I drive to Disney and have my car, and there are groceries nearby, if it's not a long stay (under 5 days), I don't usually need too much - milk, juice, bread, eggs, a few snacks, etc. It just doesn't feel worth the drive for that. On rare occasions where I'm staying longer or with a lot of family, I'll make a run to a grocery nearby on the first day (used to love Gooding's...miss that place!) - usually the Winn-Dixie on 535.

(Of course the caveat for me is that I drive up, so I can bring much of my own supply...so sometimes I don't need much more than eggs & milk - the rest I can pack and bring in a cooler like sodas, teas, snacks, bacon, deli meats, bread, cheese, butter, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter