Buying from the UK.

Sillystitch70

My most favourite place on earth
I have posted on the uk forum but wondered if any of u guys could advise.
I was a DVC meme we but had to sell in 2012 as my partner passed away.
my current partner has suggested we buy again as holidays to these deluxe resorts are getting pricey . We would be looking at 2 weeks in a studio every 18 months or so . I wondered the amount of points we would roughly need for a studio for this period. My last home resort was Wilderness lodge which we both loved but would be happy with any as our home resort except SSR.
would you recommend Disney direct or resale?
Any help would be appreciated.
thanku
We are aware of annual dues and the 11 month and 7 month booking Windows.

I'm in the UK bought resale BWV, we stay two weeks in a one bed. Have a look at the point charts for the different resorts to give you an idea of how many points you will need. We bought resale before all the restrictions and would still buy resale now with the restrictions. You get a lot more points for your money & being from the UK it works out cheaper for us to get the 2 week UK tickets rather than annual passes.

It really depends what time of year you're going. We have 250 points, go twice every 3 years and stay for just over 3 weeks in studios. However, we can only go in school holidays as I work in schools. We get 6 weeks holiday out of an annual pass, so it works out cheaper for us. We also get the DVC annual pass because we bought direct.

Base cost for one year is around 300 points and the next 350. What do we do with the other 100 points you may ask? We upgrade for part of each holiday to AK or BLT.

2 weeks every 18 months should mean you need around 150- 180 points if you're not staying in a resort with really high point values.

I’ve nearly completed my first contract as resale at AKL and it’s for 160 points, worked out that would be more than enough for us for 2 weeks every 2 years in August as my partner works in a school. For 320 points could change to another hotel for part of trip near Epcot or MK, even means we could rent some out if needed.

I'm from the UK also and more than likely we will be looking at 2 weeks every other year. We have 135 points and that's more than enough for a one bedroom in September or Savannah view studio/club view studio. If we manage to get September in a value studio we could even make it every year. I'd definately say resale as a UK member and especially if only plan on going every 18 months etc, as the benefits of direct will definitely not be as good as any savings.

I’ve nearly completed my first contract as resale at AKL and it’s for 160 points, worked out that would be more than enough for us for 2 weeks every 2 years in August as my partner works in a school. For 320 points could change to another hotel for part of trip near Epcot or MK, even means we could rent some out if needed.
Can I ask who u have bought through please?

2 weeks every other year. We have 135 points and that's more than enough for a one bedroom in September or Savannah view studio/club view studio.
A value 1BR is 260 for 14 nights in Sept in AKV. A STD view 1BR is 324 points for 14 nights. So you could do a value 1BR every other year. BTW, as of right now value 1BR are already booked for Sept 9 and 10. So you can't count on availability in Sept for a value 1BR. In a Std view 1BR, stays with 270 points would need to be 11 nights every other year, not 2 weeks

Only perk worth mentioning is the gold AP. If You don’t go every year an annual pass does not matter and you should buy resale then.

There is a lot of trusted brokers just google dvc resale and you get a lots of hits.

We are foreigners too and go to wdw 2-3 times a year for 7-10 days. We mostly stay onsite but occasionally stay offsite.

A value 1BR is 260 for 14 nights in Sept in AKV. A STD view 1BR is 324 points for 14 nights. So you could do a value 1BR every other year. BTW, as of right now value 1BR are already booked for Sept 9 and 10. So you can't count on availability in Sept for a value 1BR. In a Std view 1BR, stays with 270 points would need to be 11 nights every other year, not 2 weeks

I meant if I bank and borrow not just banking. You can use three years of points. I know that I'm much more likely to use these points now in my younger years than when I'm fifty/sixty etc. For now we are still two adults on our own so more than likely book studio. Also I mentioned Value studio not value one bedroom in relation to a 2 week stay. If we had a 1 bed room we would either bank and borrow or would just do the 11 night stay and do our other 3 days at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter