Buying extra ticket for extra fast pass?

Sorry, it won't work without leaving the park and then re-entering that same park on you other ticket. Even then, I'm not sure if the entrance scanners would recognize your finger scan or not as having been used that day with a different ticket. Honestly, I doubt it would but I don't know. Each ticket has to be scanned at the park that day in order for the fast pass machine to generate a fast pass.

Unless OP has lost more than 8 fingers and thumbs, this shouldn't be a problem. ;)

The hopper is an add on to the ticket and cost $50 per ticket. ( I think that is still the price) It allows you to hop from park to park through out the day. EMH is extra magic hours. If you are staying on property, you can take advantage of early park hours or late park hours. If you have the hopper and want to go to early hours at Magic Kingdom and then switch to extra magic hours at Epcot, it would give you more time in the park. As a previous poster mentioned, adding on more days is not real expensive. The more days you stay the better value you get on your ticket.

The hopper is an add on to the ticket and cost $50 per ticket. ( I think that is still the price) It allows you to hop from park to park through out the day. EMH is extra magic hours. If you are staying on property, you can take advantage of early park hours or late park hours. If you have the hopper and want to go to early hours at Magic Kingdom and then switch to extra magic hours at Epcot, it would give you more time in the park. As a previous poster mentioned, adding on more days is not real expensive. The more days you stay the better value you get on your ticket.

Awesome. I just convinced my partner to stay four days now. We're flying from new York so not too far.

So we'd go early to magic kingdom then go to Epcot for emh after a day at magic you mean ?

Thank you so much for the info.

Awesome. I just convinced my partner to stay four days now. We're flying from new York so not too far.

So we'd go early to magic kingdom then go to Epcot for emh after a day at magic you mean ?

Thank you so much for the info.

Once per week, each park opens 1 hour early in the morning and stays open 3 hours later in the evening. You would need to look at the park hours for when you will be here to determine which park has the EMH. For example, right now Epcot has morning EMH on Tuesdays and evening EMH on Fridays.

Are any of the Disney branded hotels considered on property?

I'll be checking out tripadvisor, but what would you all recommend from experience ?

I'll be checking out tripadvisor, but what would you all recommend from experience ?

What do you mean by Disney-branded? There are more than 20 onsite resorts at WDW run by Disney. They can be researched here, on the WDW website, or several other places....

The Disney onsites are separated into three tiers: Value, Moderate, and Deluxe. What's your budget?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/

These hotels plus the Swan and Dolphin (not owned by Disney) have extra magic hours. However, the Swan and Dolphin don't offer free bus transportation between the Orlando airport and the WDW resorts.

My personal favorite resort is the Swan: www.swandolphin.com

Yes, you will have to wait until the calendar comes out to know which parks are having extra magic hours. But we have gone to AM EMH at one park, stayed for the day and then switched parks in the evening at stayed late for PM EMH. Four days will give you more time, and maybe you can convince your partner to add a couple more days. When we went from 4 to 6 days it gave us so much more time in the parks. Now we like to stay for 7 because it gives us some time to rest during the stay. Read all the info you can and enjoy planning for your trip. It certainly is the most magical place on Earth!!

I may have trouble convincing her to stay for 5. But I'm def going to try!

Any tips for convincing? She is worried it will be too much Disney for her staying that long.

Thank you all so much.

Any tips for convincing? She is worried it will be too much Disney for her staying that long.

Thank you all so much.

There's no such thing as too much Disney! :)

Thank you all so much.

There are four THEME PARKS with different attractions and themeing.
Two WATER parks -- each worthy of the title "theme park."
Four championship golf courses.
Water sports including boating, parasailing, & fishing.
40 restaurants worth visiting.
Two miniature golf courses.
A shopping district that takes a whole day to appreciate.
Horseback riding.

I don't know if you're counting, but that's about 10 days worth of activities right there...

(really desperate to go on the new yeti ride in animal kingdom? Saw the documentary of its making.

Wellllllll, about that...

EE-Yeti-NoArm.jpg

Yeti-Deadi-Headline.jpg

I'm not sure if the entrance scanners would recognize your finger scan or not as having been used that day with a different ticket.

No worries there, even if the OP bought and used ten tickets and used the same finger on each scan.

The scans don't work like that at all.

The only thing that gets "compared" is if THAT ticket had the "same finger" connected to it that it did the previous time(s) it was used.

No comparison is made between other tickets.

For reviews of on-site Disney resorts - meaning you have access to Extra Magic Hours (not described quite accurately in the above post) - check out allears.net

My personal recommendation would be the Port Orleans French Quarter, as it's very cozy and small, but if you're planning to go at the end of THIS February then you probably won't get in. Try Port Orleans Riverside. All onsite hotels offer free transportation to all the parks, plus the Water Parks and Downtown Disney. Buses run about every 20 minutes. You won't get anywhere near this kind of service from an off-site hotel.

For a calendar of which parks to visit on which days, look over at easywdw.com He always recommends avoiding parks with Extra Magic Hours though (because off-site guests don't have access to them, and also those parks tend to be more crowded with on-site guests.) If you have park hoppers, this eliminates the crowing problem. Visit the morning EMH park right at opening, ride all the headliners, then hop to a different park for the afternoon/ evening. The later you stay at night, the less crowded the park becomes.

what do you all think of buying an extra ticket each to get an extra fast pass for a second ride?
I'm not particularly aggressive at getting fast passes. Even so, I run out of time/energy before I run out of FPs.

You can try talking her into visiting the Orlando area for 5 or more days. You'll stay at Disney resort, but visit the AREA for more than 4 days. There is a lot to do around there - Sea World, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and more. Or you could offer a trip to the beach, Kennedy Space Center, night clubs, ect. Don't make any solid plans for the "extras".

Just go with a plan to spend 4 days at Disney (a morning and evening at each park). As the 5th+ day(s) near, you'll know better what else you want to do and how much you can spend on it. You may decide the cost of adding a day or two to your Disney World ticket is so cheap, and you're having so much fun, or you missed out on things ...etc. OR, you may decide you're tired and a quiet day at the beach is worth the expense of renting a car.

There's really is no need to plan it all out before you go. :thumbsup2

We went during a slow time (Jan) and many of the rides weren't even doing fastpasses because there was very little wait. If you go during a slow time and don't have a bunch of people to slow you down, I think you'll have more than enough time to enjoy everything without extra tickets. We usually do 2 days at Magic Kingdom, 1 day at each of the other 3 parks and 1 day at Downtown Disney. This year I'm trying to convince my DH to do one extra day so we can enjoy the resort stuff, but so far, no luck.

Hey All,

I'm finally going to disneyworld after waiting 28 years (I'm australian and havn't travelled til now). going with my fiancee.

I understand how fast passes work, but what do you all think of buying an extra ticket each to get an extra fast pass for a second ride?

Thank you

If you think its worth the extra money, I say go for it. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!