Buying DVC Resale - Choosing Title Company review

I have dealt with all the title companies. Mason was my preferred title company until Cammy left. Dealing with Marcelo at Mason is like pulling teeth. I have to say the service has gone way down since Cammy left. I have nothing positive to say about Marcelo at Mason. It usually takes him couple of days to respond. I got frustrated enough to contact their president to complain. That got me to have my closing done finally. My contract passed ROFR on 5/4/23. I did not receive the closing docs until 5/9/23. It finally closed on 5/22/23. When Cammy was there, I would receive closing docs on the same day or the day after ROFR passed. I will be following Cammy to her new title company.
Marcelo was at Mason before Cammy left. It's possible that he is now responsible for all of the work which previously was done by 2 people (him and her). That is not a fun position to be in at work.

My job is nothing like his, but I do find that sometimes it's hard to get work done because people are asking when I am going to get the work done. If I'm replying to them, I'm not getting the work done.

Ha your guess is as good as mine, I was let’s s
Is there any good reason why they would work the files out of order in this way? We also passed ROFR on 4/28 and haven't heard a word from the same title company. 3 weeks seems long but manageable. 5.5 weeks is abysmal. From what others have posted this work can be turned around in a day so I'm curious if anyone has an idea as to why they don't work the contracts in the order they pass ROFR
Is there any good reason why they would work the files out of order in this way? We also passed ROFR on 4/28 and haven't heard a word from the same title company. 3 weeks seems long but manageable. 5.5 weeks is abysmal. From what others have posted this work can be turned around in a day so I'm curious if anyone has an idea as to why they don't work the contracts in the order they pass ROFR?
Ha no clue. Let’s say I was quite surprised when I opened the closing docs email and it was the second contract we had passed ROFR not the first.

I am in a similar boat. I passed on 5/17 and still no docs. A very nice member here messaged me and suggested that I email Mason at their main email address looking for information. I received an email back from Adye Santana claiming that I should have them by this weekend.
This weekend does me no good because I won’t be able to wire the funds until Tuesday when the banks reopen. It is what it is but if I buy another resale contract I will request Cammy’s new company.
I haven’t checked the Closings thread for updates on yours, so forgive me if you’ve already posted this info. Wanted to see if you received your closing docs from Marcelo @ Mason this week? I passed ROFR on 5/26, right before the holiday weekend, and did not receive them this week. Really bummed as it’s been a longer wait than I expected from them. But, also trying to be patient as it’s only been a week, and others have waited a month or longer from other companies.

*edited for clarity

I haven’t checked the Closings thread for updates on yours, so forgive me if you’ve already posted this info. Wanted to see if you received your closing docs from Marcelo @ Mason this week? I passed ROFR on 5/26, right before the holiday weekend, and did not receive them this week. Really bummed as it’s been a longer wait than I expected from them. But, also trying to be patient as it’s only been a week, and others have waited a month or longer from other companies.

*edited for clarity
I did. They came on Saturday but our last name was spelled wrong and they had to be redone. I received the corrected docs on Tuesday. We signed and wired the funds also on Tuesday. Haven’t heard anything since.

When you get yours, slowly read everything and make sure everything is correct.
If we do anymore resale, we will ask for Cammy’s new company. Hope you get something soon.

*edited for clarity
I also passed ROFR on 5/26 and am anxiously waiting for my closing docs from Marcelo@ Mason. I reached out to him via email and he quickly responded the docs should be arriving soon. Hopefully we’ll receive them by early next week.

I am perplexed that the suite of companies involved allows the title company to perform in this way. Everything other than the title company has been wonderful on my transaction, but the title company delays and lack of communication is going to cause me to remember the entire process as a disaster. You were quite generous in my view not to add a minus after the F.
Maybe this is enough to get the F to an F-?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...of-our-disney-customers.3820987/post-62628596

I also passed ROFR on 5/26 and am anxiously waiting for my closing docs from Marcelo@ Mason. I reached out to him via email and he quickly responded the docs should be arriving soon. Hopefully we’ll receive them by early next week.
How did you know who at Mason is handling your transaction?
When did they first reach out to you?
I haven't heard anything from Mason, not even after they charged my card for deposit.

I haven't heard anything from Mason, not even after they charged my card for deposit.

Typically not until closing documents are sent to you, but you can call and ask who was assigned to your file if you want to know before closing docs are sent.

I did. They came on Saturday but our last name was spelled wrong, and they had to be redone. I received the corrected docs on Tuesday. We signed and wired the funds also on Tuesday. Haven’t heard anything since.

When you get yours, slowly read everything and make sure everything is correct.
If we do anymore resale, we will ask for Cammy’s new company. Hope you get something soon.
Oh gosh, that’s frustrating! Sorry to hear that happened to you all. We have an often misspelled last name, so it makes me a little nervous. 😬 But, glad to hear they came, and you are on to the next step.

Okay, thank you so much for that info! I’ll keep an eye out for your updates, and I’ll comment when mine come through.
I can answer for how I knew. When we passed ROFR, the contract coordinator at Fidelity sent me an email with info, including Marcelo’s name and email as my title agent.

Oh gosh, that’s frustrating! Sorry to hear that happened to you all. We have an often misspelled last name, so it makes me a little nervous. 😬 But, glad to hear they came, and you are on to the next step.

Okay, thank you so much for that info! I’ll keep an eye out for your updates, and I’ll comment when mine come through.

I can answer for how I knew. When we passed ROFR, the contract coordinator at Fidelity sent me an email with info, including Marcelo’s name and email as my title agent.
Hi! I received my closing documents this evening and my agent was changed to Jordan Jones. I hope you received good news too!

Hi! I received my closing documents this evening and my agent was changed to Jordan Jones. I hope you received good news too!
Congratulations!! I have not yet received closing docs, but this gives me hope mine aren’t far behind. Thank you for the update!

Congratulations!! I have not yet received closing docs, but this gives me hope mine aren’t far behind. Thank you for the update!
I received a follow up email tonight. Looks like they know people aren’t happy with their service the last few weeks.

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to check back with you and see if you received what you requested. I also wanted to take the time to thank you for your patience and apologize for any delays that have occurred on your file. We are working on updating our processes in our office to streamline closings, but unfortunately have hit some snags along the way. Please feel free to share any comments or concerns with me, so that we can continue to work on our procedures and or closing practices to provide smooth closings. I am also available by phone. I want to make sure that you have a great experience with Mason as your opinion is very important to us.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Adye Santana
Escrow Officer

Any luck? Still waiting over here. I finally sent an email inquiring if all was okay.

I received a follow up email tonight. Looks like they know people aren’t happy with their service the last few weeks.

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to check back with you and see if you received what you requested. I also wanted to take the time to thank you for your patience and apologize for any delays that have occurred on your file. We are working on updating our processes in our office to streamline closings, but unfortunately have hit some snags along the way. Please feel free to share any comments or concerns with me, so that we can continue to work on our procedures and or closing practices to provide smooth closings. I am also available by phone. I want to make sure that you have a great experience with Mason as your opinion is very important to us.

Thank you, and have a great weekend!

Adye Santana
Escrow Officer

Oh wow! Well, good to know that they are aware and trying to make it right. Unfortunately, all anyone wants is a fast closing. I am trying to be patient!

Oh wow! Well, good to know that they are aware and trying to make it right. Unfortunately, all anyone wants is a fast closing. I am trying to be patient!
Yup. I think they are a good company but are just going through a readjustment with Cammy leaving. It sucks that we got caught up in the “ adjustment period” but it is what it is. In the long run it won’t really matter. I got a pretty good deal on my contract (hopefully you did too) and we will be enjoying our new points soon!

I have dealt with all the title companies. Mason was my preferred title company until Cammy left. Dealing with Marcelo at Mason is like pulling teeth. I have to say the service has gone way down since Cammy left. I have nothing positive to say about Marcelo at Mason. It usually takes him couple of days to respond. I got frustrated enough to contact their president to complain. That got me to have my closing done finally. My contract passed ROFR on 5/4/23. I did not receive the closing docs until 5/9/23. It finally closed on 5/22/23. When Cammy was there, I would receive closing docs on the same day or the day after ROFR passed. I will be following Cammy to her new title company.
I am dealing with Marcelo now as well. I am not a fan. He is not real responsive. We passed rofr 5/23 received docs 5/30. I hope I can close soon!

Yup. I think they are a good company but are just going through a readjustment with Cammy leaving. It sucks that we got caught up in the “ adjustment period” but it is what it is. In the long run it won’t really matter. I got a pretty good deal on my contract (hopefully you did too) and we will be enjoying our new points soon!
I am certainly ready to book! APs are burning a hole in my pocket, and this contract has a ton of points. Based on projections when I made the offer, I assumed we’d be getting our points soon, not a month still to go. Oh well, indeed. We’re at the mercy of others, and it’ll all work out in the end. I feel like I got a reasonable price, and overall happy with the contract. Next, I’m eyeing CCV! Also, your DIS name cracks me up. We too love to rack up points!

I am certainly ready to book! APs are burning a hole in my pocket, and this contract has a ton of points. Based on projections when I made the offer, I assumed we’d be getting our points soon, not a month still to go. Oh well, indeed. We’re at the mercy of others, and it’ll all work out in the end. I feel like I got a reasonable price, and overall happy with the contract. Next, I’m eyeing CCV! Also, your DIS name cracks me up. We too love to rack up points!
Haha. Already on to the next one!
Thanks! Yes. I am a points girl. Haven’t paid for a flight in over a decade and mostly stay at Hyatt’s outside of Disney and Vegas completely free.
One of the most painful parts of this process was I could only put $5,000 on the card and had to pay the rest in cash. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter