Buying direct from home what to expect?

Mike valera

Earning My Ears
Has anyone brought direct from home? How did it go and what can you expect? Do they give you a hard time if your looking for the 100 point min?

We added direct from home. No issues. First time buyer not sure if it would be much different

We bought our first contract from home, having never been through a tour (though spent a lot of time researching and crunching the numbers). Our guide, Don, was helpful in every way possible. Any info I needed, sent instantly. He was honest, didn't try to pull wool over our eyes or anything of the sort. We purchased when the minimum was 75 (purchased 80). Don didn't push back at all or try to upsell.

For the most part, if you go in knowing what you want to purchase, you get connected with a guide, let them know what you want (resort/points/UY) and then from there they just give you the pricing info. If you like, pay or set up financing. Only issue you could run into is if you're requesting points from an already "sold out" resort. You may have to go onto a waiting list if the amount of points/UY is not available.

We paid cash up front so he took my credit card info and we were all set.

Welcome package and documents came about 3 days later through FedEx. Signed and sent back in.

From this point, we never really got confirmation when our contract closed, but about a month after we sent in our paperwork, my wife and I got our blue cards and a nice welcome home 8x10.

FWIW, ability to buy from home is also going to depend on the state you live in, and the resort you want to buy. Disney have not maintained license to sell many legacy resorts in many states.

We bought our first contract from home, having never been through a tour (though spent a lot of time researching and crunching the numbers). Our guide, Don, was helpful in every way possible. Any info I needed, sent instantly. He was honest, didn't try to pull wool over our eyes or anything of the sort. We purchased when the minimum was 75 (purchased 80). Don didn't push back at all or try to upsell.

For the most part, if you go in knowing what you want to purchase, you get connected with a guide, let them know what you want (resort/points/UY) and then from there they just give you the pricing info. If you like, pay or set up financing. Only issue you could run into is if you're requesting points from an already "sold out" resort. You may have to go onto a waiting list if the amount of points/UY is not available.

We paid cash up front so he took my credit card info and we were all set.

Welcome package and documents came about 3 days later through FedEx. Signed and sent back in.

From this point, we never really got confirmation when our contract closed, but about a month after we sent in our paperwork, my wife and I got our blue cards and a nice welcome home 8x10.

We purchased our contract from home (just last month) and our guide was also Don. Maybe the same one? We had the same experience. It was very, very easy.

Took about 10 minutes and it was basically done. A couple of days later I received a package in the mail with some documents to sign. Returned them and I was done.

Bought 75 SSR a few weeks ago.

Has anyone brought direct from home? How did it go and what can you expect? Do they give you a hard time if your looking for the 100 point min?

We recently purchased from home and had the same experience as others mentioned. We did tons of research so we pretty much knew what we wanted. Our guide (David) was fantastic and tailored the approach to us based on what we needed to know. He covered the basics for us and gave us the details we needed. Later that day we gave the go-ahead and paid our deposit (are financing it until end of year when I will pay it off). Our package arrived. If you have questions with the paperwork, they have a special set of cast members who can explain everything if needed. We signed and sent them back. Next, we were handed over to a fantastic guy in member services who booked our welcome home trip. The last step was to speak with a cast member to go over all of the details with membership. We found this very helpful since it have us a lot of information and some strategies on how and when to book.

Bought our Poly direct from home. 100 points. Then 6 months later bought Poly 50/50 direct from home also. All simple... certainly compared to resale. Though, of course, more expensive. All were charged on Dis Visa to get points. Paid off immediately.

I have never met a guide. Called in and expressed interest in VGF while it was in the construction phase. Got a call Memorial Day weekend 2013 telling me it was going on sale. Bought next week over the phone.

That being said, my guide did not seem to be as accommodating as some of the other guides are. I wanted a week in December, and existing members had already been able to buy. 1 day was not available(Wednesday in the middle of the week), and he did not even seem willing to check for my welcome home visit. My guide was a phone guide. Can not say for certain, but since it was not 100% declared, I would have thought he would have been able to do that for me.

We just bought from home in September - we had previously gone on a tour though. We just emailed exactly what we wanted to the guide. We wanted an older resort so the guide called us with a few different options since they didn’t have the one we were looking for right then. We decided to purchase SSR instead. We used our Disney visa to pay the whole purchase price, he ran it that day. Within a few hours we had our Welcome home emails with all types of information. That was a Saturday, we had the documents on Monday to sign And created our DVC account that evening and had immediate access to our points! Seriously easy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter