Buying beach supplies?

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by branv, Apr 19, 2017.

1. branv

branv <font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents

We are spending a few days on the beach around Laguna before our DL trip next week. I would like some beach items like small cooler, cheap sand chairs or towels and sand toys. But I don't want to pack them as luggage. And after looking at the rental companies, we realized it would be about the same cost (and easier) to just buy beach supplies and then give them to Goodwill on our way to Anaheim. Does this sound logical or am I missing something? Plus, does anyone have recommendations for less expensive places to buy these supplies between LAX and Laguna Beach? Since it's a coastal area, can I assume the usual places like Walmart always has this kind of stuff in stock? Thanks!

2. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

A good idea. We did the same when traveling to Key West a few years ago.
    Sure, we have a TON of beach stuff living in California but we didn't want to
    pack and travel with those things.

There's a Walmart just off the Harbor Blvd. (off Hwy 405) in Santa Ana.

branv likes this.
  3. the donut

the donut Mouseketeer

The sand toys tend to be seasonal around here. They should have sand toys through spring and summer, but it might get a bit harder to find in the fall/winter. Everything else on your list should be year round.

branv likes this.
  4. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

You can also check online (the usual suspects: Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.) for the lowest prices, then have the items delivered to your Laguna hotel before your arrival date.

branv likes this.
  5. SMD

SMD DIS Veteran

Call your hotel, they may have sand toys and beach chairs that they provide guests.

branv likes this.