Buying Aulani

They do, but not by us personally.... they are paid through various governmental methods.
My examples: I had a c-section with one of my kids, I spent 4 nights in hospital with my baby. Saw drs constantly and of course nurses. Final bill: around $80 which was for parking overnight at the hospital.
One of my kids was in hospital for almost a week, had IV medications, drawing blood, x-rays, etc, I stayed with him. Final bill: $50? again just parking costs, which sometimes was free street parking.
I get that, but they get paid somehow. Point is that the care isn't "free", it gets paid for one way (taxes) or another (insurance)...

Yes, of course the care isn't free. But it is largely paid for through taxes and from what I understand, the US doesn't actually spend less on healthcare than other countries like mine where we don't personally pay for healthcare, nor are taxes necessarily a huge amount lower. It's not a perfect system here, for example there's no universal dental coverage. But I like that my healthcare isn't tied to whether I have a job or not. Anyone can receive hospital/doctor/etc services without incurring any sort of bill. And if I have extended health insurance, which many people with jobs do, that insurance does not need to kick in to cover any sort of hospital/doctor type fees. So there's no possibility of me being bankrupted over a medical issue. That's all. I'll stop, this isn't the forum for this sort of talk, I'm sure.

Yes, of course the care isn't free. But it is largely paid for through taxes and from what I understand, the US doesn't actually spend less on healthcare than other countries like mine where we don't personally pay for healthcare, nor are taxes necessarily a huge amount lower. It's not a perfect system here, for example there's no universal dental coverage. But I like that my healthcare isn't tied to whether I have a job or not. Anyone can receive hospital/doctor/etc services without incurring any sort of bill. And if I have extended health insurance, which many people with jobs do, that insurance does not need to kick in to cover any sort of hospital/doctor type fees. So there's no possibility of me being bankrupted over a medical issue. That's all. I'll stop, this isn't the forum for this sort of talk, I'm sure.
Sure! I get it. I was just pointing out it isn’t “free”.

I make no decisions on if one is better than the other. That is for smarter people than me. It’s like one of my economics colleagues says about any issue: “There is no right or wrong, only trade-offs”…

The more I learn about how my Canadian colleagues live, the more appealing Canada seems… on the other hand, so much colder and, just to drag us back on topic, way less convenient to Aulani. 🤣

You’d be surprised! WestJet flies direct and it’s only 150 miles further from Vancouver than LAX… the great thing about the planet being circular.

And to make things even more circuitous… in my case those health care taxes are buying my Aulani contract for me! 😂

You’d be surprised! WestJet flies direct and it’s only 150 miles further from Vancouver than LAX… the great thing about the planet being circular.

And to make things even more circuitous… in my case those health care taxes are buying my Aulani contract for me! 😂
Wait, only 150 miles? Are you absolutely certain? That would suggest that flying time is only like 20m longer. 🤯

It’s about a 6 hour flight from Vancouver to HNL!
I just booked my next Aulani flights (💸💸💸) yesterday so I happen to know that it’s 5h40 out and 5h35 back (on a wide body aircraft) from LAX… not sure if that’s your shorter or longer leg but WAY closer to total flight time than I would have guessed (trying to imagine what I would have guessed and I’m thinking 90m maybe?). We love Vancouver…though I’ve heard the real estate market is even more challenging than Los Angeles!

Wait, only 150 miles? Are you absolutely certain? That would suggest that flying time is only like 20m longer. 🤯

Ya the US coastline curves inward. Greatcirclemapper.com is an old flyer talk tool, but useful!

YVR even hosts the most civil Aulani flight of all, the 1000-1430 flight, which has you rolling in as your hotel room is ready.

If only the insistence of red eye returns wasn’t a thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter