Buying and selling resale process questions

Goofy-Runner

Earning My Ears
So we are thinking about selling our 150 OKW points and buying BWV instead (now that the kids are grown we find we prefer BWV now). We have existing reservations for later this year with our current contract, how does that work if we sell now? Do we have to cancel and rebook under the new contract or does it "grandfather" in under the existing contract? Any chance one of the resellers give a discount on closing costs if you are doing both transactions around the same time? Have never considered the resale market before, we don't really use many of the "blue card" perks, rarely (2x in the 24 years we have been members) buy annual passes. Staying at Riviera doesn't appeal to us, so not sure if there is any compelling reason to buy direct, given the big dollar difference. So just trying to understand the mechanics of buying and selling resale before deciding.

TIA
Mike

I believe your sale of the contract cannot
close until you have completed your trip. Resale points seem to take a little while to load and, if you were to cancel, you would need to cancel, wait for your new points, and then try to rebook. I wouldn’t cancel it since you may not be able to book your trip again. If you can wait to close on your sale until after your trip, that’s probably the way to go.

If you want to keep the trip, you have to sell with a delayed closing. I have done that a few times now.

I did get a broker a few years ago to take off 1% off what I paid in commission as I was buying 500 points while selling 200.

If you want to be able to buy soon, and need the money from the sale before doing it, you would then have to cancel the trip.

You can stipulate closing after a certain date to be able to keep your trip, but keep in mind lots of buyers are impatient and don't want to wait, so you will probably have less offers.

If you want to keep the trip, than better to wait until you complete it before listing for sell.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter