Buying add on, dvc perks

The new DVC leadership cannot make TOTW direct only. It is a part of the BLT condo association. Basically, any perk they can mess with has to not involve space declared in the association, as that is part of the real estate interest. They CAN make it BLT owner only, but that would not be a good financial move and would drive up dues at BLT.

So I wouldn't say "anything" can change. One of the big boundaries of what can be changed is if it's part of the real estate interest. The Epcot Lounge and events aren't. The space at TOTW is.

The new DVC leadership cannot make TOTW direct only. It is a part of the BLT condo association. Basically, any perk they can mess with has to not involve space declared in the association, as that is part of the real estate interest. They CAN make it BLT owner only, but that would not be a good financial move and would drive up dues at BLT.

So I wouldn't say "anything" can change. One of the big boundaries of what can be changed is if it's part of the real estate interest. The Epcot Lounge and events aren't. The space at TOTW is.

They can close the lounge/bar, remove the booze, cancel the lease that we supposedly have, and leave the door open for anyone to enter. If the lounge sales do not make a profit, that is what will happen.

:earsboy: Bill

So I wouldn't say "anything" can change.

Not to get too picky, but anything can change. As Bill stated, they could close the bar, make it Tiki-themed, open it to the general public, etc. They can't change it into whatever they want to, but any component of it can change into something else.

Not to get too picky, but anything can change. As Bill stated, they could close the bar, make it Tiki-themed, open it to the general public, etc. They can't change it into whatever they want to, but any component of it can change into something else.

Well, yeah. On the other hand, they cannot make the space direct only in its current incarnation, or in any other, because of its nature in the real estate declaration.

Well, yeah. On the other hand, they cannot make the space direct only in its current incarnation, or in any other, because of its nature in the real estate declaration.

(I mean, some of the rumors some of the guides spout are epic, and many are simply not legal under association rules. A good rule of thumb is "the closer it is tied to actual real estate interest, the less likely it is to be easily changed." If a community space attached to a property was part of the declaration, that's close to the actual real estate interest; they can change how it is used, but access is likely to be all/nothing, not direct/resale. A ticket discount is nowhere close to the real estate interest. 7-11 month booking is direct tie to real estate interest. etc.)

Disney pretty much does what's good for Disney. They are well versed in what they legally can and can not do and have the legal staff that works on these matters every working day. If I remember correctly, TOTWL and viewing deck was not part of the association and Disney later figured out that they could make BLT owners pay for it. They still wanted the bar revenue so they transferred the venue to the BLT owners who pays for all maintenance and operating costs and they leased back the bar. All of this was done without BLT owners having a say in what was going on, it wasn't discussed, it just happened. I'm sure that they can do the same thing to other elements.

Since as owners we give the association management, (in this case Disney), the power to vote on our behalf, my guess is that they, (Disney) can vote to change anything they want, when they want.

Since as owners we give the association management, (in this case Disney), the power to vote on our behalf, my guess is that they, (Disney) can vote to change anything they want, when they want.

Up to a point. Any buildings declared into the resort would likely require a vote of actual owners to get back out. It's be easier getting it in but not much easier for something that wasn't a room type option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter