Buying a few extra pts for stay?

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
We just got back from a wonderful vacation at Disney doing our 1st stay as DVC members. My question is we decided to wait till the 50th anniversary to go back and i think this time i will have to rent 2 studios which would bring me over about 34 pts i know they do 25 extra points if needed would they ever do a few extra if its only a handful of pts needed?

The one time use points can be bought at the 7 month window, up to 24.

There is no way to start more. Your only option is to borrow points to complete it or, if you are still going to be short after borrowing, then you could get a transfer into your account.

The only thing with transfers is that you get one in or out each UY so finding someone willing to transfer so few might be an issue.

I am taking it you do not have any points to borrow?

When you say the 50th anniversary, do you mean 2021, or specifically October 1st 2021?

Just guessing, but I am expecting Oct 1 2021 pickings to be VERY slim at 7 months - but I could be totally wrong there.

Just guessing, but I am expecting Oct 1 2021 pickings to be VERY slim at 7 months - but I could be totally wrong there.

Not necessarily. There's always a bunch of people switching, so stuff can open up. (That is notwithstanding how the mystery waitlist process is managed.)

Not necessarily. There's always a bunch of people switching, so stuff can open up. (That is notwithstanding how the mystery waitlist process is managed.)
There will certainly be some, who knows how much?

The waitlist isnt that mysterious - Its a job that runs at set intervals, you can not have that running constantly. It probably runs every few hours or so - like every 4 - (and may very well take an hour or more to run - that is a lot of computation)

bring me over about 34 pts
I would just watch the rental boards. You should have no problem renting 2 nights from another owner at the same resort. Once you have both reservations, you can link them in MDE. 34pts X $16ish would only run you $550 or so. Then you've got the piece of mind. I would even add the 25 that you are wanting from DVC and find an owner with 59. Good luck, keep us posted!

You can purchase as few as 25 points that you would get each year through a new contract or you can purchase as many as 24 one time use points for $19 a point when you add to or make a reservation at seven months out. You could also get a transfer from another member. You could make a cash reservation through DVC to add to your reservation and they would link it automatically if you asked them. If you booked a reservation through Disney Reservation Center or through another member, you would have to add "continuing stay Res XXXXX" to that reservation. That situation you would have two separate reservations that could not be combined into one reservation.

as @Deb & Bill said, you can always book a night or two in cash. I'd probably book my first night at the Allstars, and then transfer over to the new resort the next day.
This is something I do often, particularly when arriving late in the day, since I can not enjoy the amenities enough on day 1 to justify it (and I do it to save points). But I usually arrive at 10 or later at night.

Doesn't address your points issue, but it is an alternative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter