Bus routes to and from Typhoon Lagoon

I think you have to get a bus to DS and then hop on a but to TL from there, but I'm not positive. Honestly, Uber/Lyft will be quickest and easiest. I wouldn't be surprised if taking the buses would take over an hour.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/
I agree, Disney busses stop at Disney Springs first, then to TL. Take the uber. If you are driving to AK
Going to TL in between AK in am & MK evening. And TL in between EP & HS another night. What are a few bus options?

from AK to get to TL - bus to any of the resorts on the way: All Stars, Pop/AoA, CBR, Rivera, then bus to TL?
from TL to get to MK - bus to Contemporary/BLT and walk or monorail to MK?
from EP to get to TL - walk to Beach Club and bus to TL?
from TL to get to HS - bus (maybe walk) to Saratoga and bus to HS, or bus to CBR and skyliner to HS?

Possible we may need to take an Uber ea. way if the best free way is too much hassle, but I'd like to figure out some options, and we don't know that we need to go back to our own resort if we can bring a change of clothes.
I would uber from AK to Typhoon Lagoon. Otherwise, you would have wait to get a resort bus at AK, then go to that resort...then you have to wait for the Disney Springs bus (could take 30 min), then that bus goes to Disney Springs first and then to typhoon lagoon. From Beach Club, we have stayed there many times and have taken a bus to Disney Springs. Just remember coming back that the sklyiner doesn't run in storms or lightning and you may be stuck for a while so if it is going to thunder/lighting, an uber would be best and take you directly to HS.
From Typhoon Lagoon if you don't want to uber, you can take the first bus that shows up to any resort. There is a good chance that the bus may get the directive from the dispatcher to go to the MK after it drops off the guests at the resort destination. You will know by which cue the bus parks at and you will not have to get off. You got a 33% chance of hitting that at Boardwalk, Pop, Art, Beach and Yacht Club. 20% chance at Key, Sar, Animal, All Starts. Just remember that the Contemporary may share a bus with Wilderness Lodge and that will take a long time, because they may also stop at Ft. Wilderness. Beach and Yacht may share as well.

I agree, Disney busses stop at Disney Springs first, then to TL. Take the uber. If you are driving to AK

I would uber from AK to Typhoon Lagoon. Otherwise, you would have wait to get a resort bus at AK, then go to that resort...then you have to wait for the Disney Springs bus (could take 30 min), then that bus goes to Disney Springs first and then to typhoon lagoon. From Beach Club, we have stayed there many times and have taken a bus to Disney Springs. Just remember coming back that the sklyiner doesn't run in storms or lightning and you may be stuck for a while so if it is going to thunder/lighting, an uber would be best and take you directly to HS.
From Typhoon Lagoon if you don't want to uber, you can take the first bus that shows up to any resort. There is a good chance that the bus may get the directive from the dispatcher to go to the MK after it drops off the guests at the resort destination. You will know by which cue the bus parks at and you will not have to get off. You got a 33% chance of hitting that at Boardwalk, Pop, Art, Beach and Yacht Club. 20% chance at Key, Sar, Animal, All Starts. Just remember that the Contemporary may share a bus with Wilderness Lodge and that will take a long time, because they may also stop at Ft. Wilderness. Beach and Yacht may share as well.
I thought, from prior discussions here, that all buses from TL go to DS 1st and then you have to transfer to resort? Could be misunderstanding you.

It sort of sounds like you were ok with the EP walk to Beach Club to take a bus to DS, TL. Is that better than walking from EP (or HS) to skyliner, getting off at Rivera and bus to DS, TL? I think the concern with Beach Club we were discussing was the possibility of sharing buses with other Boardwalk area resorts. And Beach Club is a little more of a walk than the skyliner from EP (middle of the day, maybe a little earlier than park hopping uptick time).

Are the EP/HS skyliner to DS, TL (and vice versa) routes doable or fairly similar to the park to TL via bus options (tedious).

I thought, from prior discussions here, that all buses from TL go to DS 1st and then you have to transfer to resort? Could be misunderstanding you.

It sort of sounds like you were ok with the EP walk to Beach Club to take a bus to DS, TL. Is that better than walking from EP (or HS) to skyliner, getting off at Rivera and bus to DS, TL? I think the concern with Beach Club we were discussing was the possibility of sharing buses with other Boardwalk area resorts. And Beach Club is a little more of a walk than the skyliner from EP (middle of the day, maybe a little earlier than park hopping uptick time).

Are the EP/HS skyliner to DS, TL (and vice versa) routes doable or fairly similar to the park to TL via bus options (tedious).
Over 4th of July week, we took AM (10-ish) bus to Springs to get Gideon's cookies and walk around. Our bus stopped at DS first and then to TL. There was only 1 family on the bus to go to TL. Maybe if it was packed, it would have gone there first.

So we just returned and uberes to Typhoon Lagoon, however I really think if you're catching the bus early enough, it must go to Typhoon Lagoon first. We arrived 2 different days a little after 9am and saw a handful of buses each morning (I swear 1 even said Typhoon Lagoon/DS and then it's sign switched on the way out saying DS with transfer to TL).

I definitely could be wrong, but I think there's a decent chance that if you're catching the bus to rope drop TL, there's a good chance the bus goes directly there. DSs isn't even open before 9am right?

So we just returned and uberes to Typhoon Lagoon, however I really think if you're catching the bus early enough, it must go to Typhoon Lagoon first. We arrived 2 different days a little after 9am and saw a handful of buses each morning (I swear 1 even said Typhoon Lagoon/DS and then it's sign switched on the way out saying DS with transfer to TL).

I definitely could be wrong, but I think there's a decent chance that if you're catching the bus to rope drop TL, there's a good chance the bus goes directly there. DSs isn't even open before 9am right?
Hi brockash, it's been a while. Yes - it sounds like as long as you get the DS/TL bus prior to 10am, maybe more like 9:30 or earlier to be safe, it will go straight to TL to get you there prior to 10am opening. We were initially thinking we wanted to go to a park like AK first, given one of the few perks left for on site is early entry at the parks, and didn't want to lose that. But maybe we do AK the first day, as planned, given it's a busier Sat., with TL in between it and MK. And then maybe consider TL first on a Thurs., losing a EP GotG. We're not concerned with RD TL, given 3/4 of us don't even want to go there, 2 of us plan to only do lazy river.

What did your uber cost before tip - was that resort to TL or park to TL? Do you know how much lockers are and if they're the bigger ones that fit a backpack? Still don't know if we need one/two or not. Did you feel that water shoes were needed since it's so hot or fine barefoot. Sorry so many que's.

Hi brockash, it's been a while. Yes - it sounds like as long as you get the DS/TL bus prior to 10am, maybe more like 9:30 or earlier to be safe, it will go straight to TL to get you there prior to 10am opening. We were initially thinking we wanted to go to a park like AK first, given one of the few perks left for on site is early entry at the parks, and didn't want to lose that. But maybe we do AK the first day, as planned, given it's a busier Sat., with TL in between it and MK. And then maybe consider TL first on a Thurs., losing a EP GotG. We're not concerned with RD TL, given 3/4 of us don't even want to go there, 2 of us plan to only do lazy river.

What did your uber cost before tip - was that resort to TL or park to TL? Do you know how much lockers are and if they're the bigger ones that fit a backpack? Still don't know if we need one/two or not. Did you feel that water shoes were needed since it's so hot or fine barefoot. Sorry so many que's.
Uber was arpund $12 before trip Swan- Typhoon Lagoon.

Lockers were $10, but pls know only the ones at the front of the park were open. I think they did have bigger ones, but I'm not sure of the cost on those.

I'm a baby and insist on wearing something on my feet to walk around, however I was the only one in our group of 9 (ages 7- 40) who wore shoes while walking around, and most ppl in the park didn't seem to wear them.

Uber was arpund $12 before trip Swan- Typhoon Lagoon.

Lockers were $10, but pls know only the ones at the front of the park were open. I think they did have bigger ones, but I'm not sure of the cost on those.

I'm a baby and insist on wearing something on my feet to walk around, however I was the only one in our group of 9 (ages 7- 40) who wore shoes while walking around, and most ppl in the park didn't seem to wear them.
Thank you! I expected about $15 for uber. And I think it used to be $15 for the larger lockers with a $5 deposit that you got refunded if you returned something (towel, lock?). I could be making that up, it's been a long time. It's if we have stuff for the next park like a back pack with battery charger, change of clothes, rain gear, etc. if we wanted to rent a locker.

Sorta figured it could be super hot on feet in Aug. in between slides or walking out to the QS dining. I get that you have to slip off the water shoes or sandals at the bottom of a big slide. Thanks for the info.

We took the bus from Poly-DS-Typhoon and return in March and I was shocked at how efficient the DS-Typhoon portion (and return) was. Both ways, a bus came immediately and we were the only ones on it. Not only that but there were several buses pulling in behind us to go to the exact same place.

Thank you guys for the input. We just came back from our trip. We ubered from AK twice to TL. We experimented with buses on the way back 1 day, just to see since we weren't in a rush... and it took 55 minutes to go from TL to DS to Contemporary, walk to MK. And we got buses at TL and DS pretty quickly. It was $14 before tip one day for uber and $8 for some reason on another. We bought lockers both days for $15 large, which is supposed to contain 2 backpacks and it was very tight for 2. Small's were $10. 2nd time around, we each bought a large locker for a backpack with our change of clothes, phone/wallet etc., as we went straight to 2nd park from there without stopping at resort. We unfortunately was rained out on 2nd TL day after only 2 slides. I was able to get a refund on my locker although my father in law was not successful after I told him to try (he got a different person).

If you are going to TL before The Springs is open, the bus will go to TL first. After The Springs opens the route returns to going to The Springs for transfer.

If you are going to TL before The Springs is open, the bus will go to TL first. After The Springs opens the route returns to going to The Springs for transfer.
Thank you. We considered that but didn't want to lose early am entry for AK. - we got in 7:15 and 7:20 on those days and got in quite a bit before the 10 am we would have started at TL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter