Bus routes to and from Typhoon Lagoon

Nick6300

DIS Veteran
Going to TL in between AK in am & MK evening. And TL in between EP & HS another night. What are a few bus options?

from AK to get to TL - bus to any of the resorts on the way: All Stars, Pop/AoA, CBR, Rivera, then bus to TL?
from TL to get to MK - bus to Contemporary/BLT and walk or monorail to MK?
from EP to get to TL - walk to Beach Club and bus to TL?
from TL to get to HS - bus (maybe walk) to Saratoga and bus to HS, or bus to CBR and skyliner to HS?

Possible we may need to take an Uber ea. way if the best free way is too much hassle, but I'd like to figure out some options, and we don't know that we need to go back to our own resort if we can bring a change of clothes.

Last edited:
I think you have to get a bus to DS and then hop on a but to TL from there, but I'm not positive. Honestly, Uber/Lyft will be quickest and easiest. I wouldn't be surprised if taking the buses would take over an hour.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/
Thank you Holden. There are few interesting things from this WDW message you attached. It used to be where you had direct bus from AK to BB, and resort buses allowed you to go "direct" to TL w/stop at DS, but you didn't have to transfer at DS which can add 20+ min., that's the big sticking pt. So my example of walking from EP to Beach Club to take a bus to TL could be: 5 min walk to BCR, 20 min wait for bus, 10 min bus ride to DS, maybe 5 min stop from marketplace to bus stop by AMC, 20 min wait for bus from DS to TL = roughly an hr., obviously can be longer. I'm not sure if all buses to DS still stop at Marketplace 1st. Maybe MK is the quickest with a walk to BLT 5 min, 20 min bus wait to TL, 5 min stop at Marketplace, 20 min. wait for bus from DS to TL, still about 50 min.

Other than AK opening at 8, and resort guests allowed in at 7:30 or a little earlier, the other parks open at 9 (8:30 early entry) for us. The decision to give up a RD for going to TL first thing... on the surface that's 8:30 am vs. 10am (1.5 hrs.) to avoid transportation between park to TL. However, this WDW message states bus service between resort and DS is available only during DS operating hours, which is 10am opening. Hence, not sure if a bus from resort will pick you up to TL earlier than 10. It does state that bus from DS to TL begins 1 hr. before TL opening but you have to get to DS first, and the bus stop is typically joint between TL and DS. But it seems like they'd pick you up in time to get you to TL by 10am, maybe picked up around 9:30?

I'd think that the transfer at DS only applies going to TL but there are direct buses from TL to a resort, without a transfer to DS. Otherwise, there'd be no point to having various bus stops at TL, all of them would go to DS. Assuming no DS bus transfer on the way from TL, TL to CBR (say 20 min wait), skyliner to HS or EP, say 10 min = approx. 30 min. (vs. about 15 min waiting/route for Uber) So if we swap the 1st evening park from MK to HS, maybe we can Uber from AK to TL on 1st day, and Uber from EP to TL on the 2nd water day, but do the TL to CBR, skyliner on the way from TL both days.

Saw the construction photos at 8/7/22 on the BB refurb, and recent applications for further permits. So probably not much hope in BB reopening by early Sept.

Before 10am all Disney Springs buses stop at TL first. After 10am you must transfer at DS to TL. All buses from TL go to DS. You must transfer there to get to your resort.
Thanks for this, that makes more sense. But that puts a damper on any hope of going to and from in a reasonable time. That would make the TL to CBR, skyliner to HS/EP more like 50 min. I doubt we would try to leave AK before 10 to avoid DS either. We don't currently rideshare. Deleted by Uber & Lyft apps after being hacked and having someone use my account all over Europe and customer service only being available through email.

Do all buses to DS stop at Marketplace 1st (whether from resort, park, TL), and you have to wait to get off at the 2nd stop closer to Planet Hollywood to get off for the TL bus or can you get a bus to TL from 1st stop at DS? From TL, if you stop at MP, I'd think you could get a bus to resort there.

If we decide to go to TL using buses first thing, we'd probably want to get out there by around 9, rather than get there at 9:30 and potentially not get picked up in time to go directly to TL rather than DS.

Reading through some of my thoughts, it sure seems like I'm doing a good job of overcomplicating this! But glad that I'm not trying to figure this out there. I think once we get the transport plan down, we can figure out if we can bring the change of clothes to not stop at resort. And whether we need locker or lockers if they're small.

Do all buses to DS stop at Marketplace 1st (whether from resort, park, TL), and you have to wait to get off at the 2nd stop closer to Planet Hollywood to get off for the TL bus or can you get a bus to TL from 1st stop at DS? From TL, if you stop at MP, I'd think you could get a bus to resort there.
All Disney buses now drop off and pick up at the Town Center bus station between the Orange and Lime garages. The Marketplace stop is used for rideshare.

All Disney buses now drop off and pick up at the Town Center bus station between the Orange and Lime garages. The Marketplace stop is used for rideshare.
Thanks, it's been years since we've taken a bus to TL or DS, Town Center sounds like the same bus stop across from the Hess Station near AMC/Planet Hollywood that I remember. That's one less stop at least.

Thank you Holden. There are few interesting things from this WDW message you attached. It used to be where you had direct bus from AK to BB, and resort buses allowed you to go "direct" to TL w/stop at DS, but you didn't have to transfer at DS which can add 20+ min., that's the big sticking pt. So my example of walking from EP to Beach Club to take a bus to TL could be: 5 min walk to BCR, 20 min wait for bus, 10 min bus ride to DS, maybe 5 min stop from marketplace to bus stop by AMC, 20 min wait for bus from DS to TL = roughly an hr., obviously can be longer. I'm not sure if all buses to DS still stop at Marketplace 1st. Maybe MK is the quickest with a walk to BLT 5 min, 20 min bus wait to TL, 5 min stop at Marketplace, 20 min. wait for bus from DS to TL, still about 50 min.
It's been a few years, but last time I walked out of Epcot mid-day to go to TL, the Boardwalk bus stopped at all the other resorts in the area (BC, YC, S&D) and it took forever to get to DS.

Thanks, it's been years since we've taken a bus to TL or DS, Town Center sounds like the same bus stop across from the Hess Station near AMC/Planet Hollywood that I remember. That's one less stop at least.
Yes, the pedestrian exit from the Orange garage is between AMC on the left and Planet Hollywood on the right, and the Town Center bus station is to the right of Planet Hollywood. So sort of in the middle of DS - convenient for tranferring from a resort bus to the TL bus or vice versa, but not very convenient if you want to go to the Marketplace!

Yes, the pedestrian exit from the Orange garage is between AMC on the left and Planet Hollywood on the right, and the Town Center bus station is to the right of Planet Hollywood. So sort of in the middle of DS - convenient for tranferring from a resort bus to the TL bus or vice versa, but not very convenient if you want to go to the Marketplace!
So If we wanted to plan to do this tedious bus route to or from TL, just to shop at World of Disney - maybe that's more than a 5 min walk. Do they ship your goods from DS to your hotel room for free.

It's been a few years, but last time I walked out of Epcot mid-day to go to TL, the Boardwalk bus stopped at all the other resorts in the area (BC, YC, S&D) and it took forever to get to DS.
That's why I initially thought about walking from EP to Beach Club since it's the 1st resort you get to after IG, to the right. Would hope you don't go in a circle from there around to the other resort stops like it's an All Star, unless an unusual situation with a lack of buses. But I'm now thinking instead of BCR, maybe since it's mid-day, taking the skyliner to CBR and then bus from there to DS. If we do one shopping pit stop to DS.

So If we wanted to plan to do this tedious bus route to or from TL, just to shop at World of Disney - maybe that's more than a 5 min walk. Do they ship your goods from DS to your hotel room for free.
At this time, Disney doesn’t send purchases to your resort room. But they will ship it to your home!

That's why I initially thought about walking from EP to Beach Club since it's the 1st resort you get to after IG, to the right. Would hope you don't go in a circle from there around to the other resort stops like it's an All Star, unless an unusual situation with a lack of buses. But I'm now thinking instead of BCR, maybe since it's mid-day, taking the skyliner to CBR and then bus from there to DS. If we do one shopping pit stop to DS.
If you’re leaving Epcot, take the Skyliner and get off at Riviera (don’t go all the way to CBR). Their bus to DS doesn’t share with anyone. CBR has multiple internal bus stops.

I think the Epcot Resorts share during the middle of the day simply because of the lower volume of passengers at that time. But Swan/Dolphin have their own buses now, do not use Disney transportation, so it would be BWV, BCV and YC sharing the DS bus.

At this time, Disney doesn’t send purchases to your resort room. But they will ship it to your home!
That stinks. Like the bus routes, they save a little bit not to ship to your room. But in this case, they may lose out on more merch. sales. I guess, especially with BB down, being summer, should be more demand for TL at this time to allow you to at least stay on the bus to DS and then stop at TL next instead of transferring at DS. But guests don't know about the bus mess to TL until after they bought water park tickets, or for next time. In terms of this affecting water park spending. $1 billion extra Parks revenues this qtr., vs. analyst expectations, and this is what we get. Sorry - I'm done complaining about it now.

Is it super expensive to ship to home? Probably a dumb question. And I guess I can try to do a google walk approximation, but do you think the planned stop to DS for World of Disney is not a reasonable like 5-10 min walk from that bus stop?

If you’re leaving Epcot, take the Skyliner and get off at Riviera (don’t go all the way to CBR). Their bus to DS doesn’t share with anyone. CBR has multiple internal bus stops.

I think the Epcot Resorts share during the middle of the day simply because of the lower volume of passengers at that time. But Swan/Dolphin have their own buses now, do not use Disney transportation, so it would be BWV, BCV and YC sharing the DS bus.
Do you think the EP or HS via skyliner to Rivera route to and from TL is a more reasonable time spent, or still something like 50 min. Obviously can vary a lot on bus timing at Rivera and at DS, but what do you think?

I actually did briefly consider leaving AK at 9:30am to try to catch a DS bus and go directly to TL. But then thought about the lack of buses that early, and that backfiring.

They still have buses from each park to park right? except maybe between EP and MK, monorail only. Would make it easier if Park to DS bus was available too, but not a new thing.

I had over $220 in fraud Uber charges and numerous foreign drivers calling me if I was ready to be picked up - took a lot of effort/time to cancel my account due to the poor customer service. But may have to break down and start another account for my dad in law who wants to go to the water park this trip. We book everything for them including flights, meals, etc.

Do you think the EP or HS via skyliner to Rivera route to and from TL is a more reasonable time spent, or still something like 50 min. Obviously can vary a lot on bus timing at Rivera and at DS, but what do you think?

I actually did briefly consider leaving AK at 9:30am to try to catch a DS bus and go directly to TL. But then thought about the lack of buses that early, and that backfiring.

They still have buses from each park to park right? except maybe between EP and MK, monorail only. Would make it easier if Park to DS bus was available too, but not a new thing.

I had over $220 in fraud Uber charges and numerous foreign drivers calling me if I was ready to be picked up - took a lot of effort/time to cancel my account due to the poor customer service. But may have to break down and start another account for my dad in law who wants to go to the water park this trip. We book everything for them including flights, meals, etc.
Unfortunately, I have no experience traveling to/from Typhoon Lagoon via Disney transport, so I'm afraid I'm no help there. I'm hoping my reply will bump this thread up to the top of the page so that someone more knowledgeable will see it and reply!

Is it super expensive to ship to home? Probably a dumb question. And I guess I can try to do a google walk approximation, but do you think the planned stop to DS for World of Disney is not a reasonable like 5-10 min walk from that bus stop?
We haven't shipped to home, but the reports I've read here on DISboards were from people who seemed to feel the cost was reasonable. Also, Disney packs the items, and people have been pleased with how carefully they were packed and that they arrived in good condition.

I guess the one thing I can tell you with confidence is that the walk from the Disney Springs bus depot to the World of Disney store is roughly 5 minutes. The last time we went there (in 2021), the door closest to the buses was an Exit Only door, so we had to walk around to the other side, which added some more minutes to the trek! :p

Unfortunately, I have no experience traveling to/from Typhoon Lagoon via Disney transport, so I'm afraid I'm no help there. I'm hoping my reply will bump this thread up to the top of the page so that someone more knowledgeable will see it and reply!

We haven't shipped to home, but the reports I've read here on DISboards were from people who seemed to feel the cost was reasonable. Also, Disney packs the items, and people have been pleased with how carefully they were packed and that they arrived in good condition.

I guess the one thing I can tell you with confidence is that the walk from the Disney Springs bus depot to the World of Disney store is roughly 5 minutes. The last time we went there (in 2021), the door closest to the buses was an Exit Only door, so we had to walk around to the other side, which added some more minutes to the trek! :p
Thanks for your help. I just had a CM say that there are buses from the 4 parks to DS, which I remember to be untrue. Weird.
https://www.disneysprings.com/parking-and-transportation/

Yes, that CM was sadly misinformed or behind the times. The after-4PM buses from parks to DS haven’t returned after the pandemic closure.
I didn't even know that it used to exist for after 4pm. I always just remember CMs telling you in the past to make sure and go to a resort 1st to take a bus to DS. And we don't go to DS any more. Really just the 4 parks. We drove to BB in Nov or Dec but before then it was 2019, and before then 2011.

Totally unrelated... we read that our Amex Blue Cash Preferred had an enrollment when you log in for a $7 credit each month you are in the Disney bundle with Hulu, Espn+. Need to look into more, but we are up for renewal right before the price hike, and this week just thinking about ads or no ads for D+ only. Think the bundle with ads is $14 and without $20, so the $7 credit makes it $1 cheaper to have the ads bundle over just ads D+.

We don't carry a ton of annual fee cards ( this is $95 fee), but we're keeping this one. 6% on grocery (disney gift cards), 6% streaming, 3% gas and transit. $350 cash bonus offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter