Burning hours with Bath and Body Works candles

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I just finished timing out a candle from BBWs for the first time and my total burn time came to 38-39 hours. Quite a bit more than I expected I would get when I first started tracking it. Anyone get any more or less hours with them? This was a white candle, wonder if the colored waxes burn faster or slower?

Wow. That seems like a lot of hours but we don't really leave ours on continuously, so it would be too difficult to calculate. Kudos to you for keeping track.

You’re good for actually tracking! I’ve only tracked very loosely. I have rough estimates since I burn my candles from the time I get home from work, around 4, to when I go to bed, around 9. I then burn the candle all day on weekends, about 12 hours. I once got about 50 hours with my Hot Cocoa and Cream candle. What’s odd is I got about 24 hours with a different candle, Red Velvet Cupcake. I was so disappointed since I’d never been on the low end of the advertised burn time, which is 25-45 hours. From my very loose estimation, my candles usually burn anywhere from 30 - 50 hours.

There are people in the candle community that say they get way over 50 hours, but I have yet to experience that. I must admit that I don’t use any “hacks” though. I just light my candle when I want to burn it, and blow out the flame when it’s done.

I’ll have to officially time my candles. I’m very curious now. I use Bath & Body candles daily and I’m halfway through a scent now, but when this one finishes this week, I’ll time the next scent and report back.

I thought the 25-45 hours burn time is a joke. I mean, if some are 45 hours and some are 25 hours, why such a difference.

I thought the 25-45 hours burn time is a joke. I mean, if some are 45 hours and some are 25 hours, why such a difference.
Science.

There are a lot of factors that affect burn time: scent and colorings, room temperature, the amount of oxygen, how closely you trim the wick, just to name a few

Science.

There are a lot of factors that affect burn time: scent and colorings, room temperature, the amount of oxygen, how closely you trim the wick, just to name a few
I am starting to time a colored candle now. Trimming the wick?

Okay, I said I'd report back when I timed my last candle, but I forgot to come back, until now.

My last candle burned for just over 40 hours. I burned Cinnamon Caramel Swirl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter