Buffet, Character, Shows, AYCTE Pricing (rev: 06/30/2019)

Captain Kittens

Mouseketeer
Phew....I enjoy kids but pricing is one reason I am glad I dont have any yet. I've eaten at Boma (2017) and Cape May Cafe (2018 a week ago) and both experiences were great. Boma's food was the best....it has all the usual's (sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles, etc.) with some new items that had an ethnic spin on it, they were delicious! Downside...no character dining but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Cape May had good food but nothing stand-outish like Boma. Just the usual fixens BUT you get the characters which is what you are paying for.

OSUZorba

DIS Veteran
Phew....I enjoy kids but pricing is one reason I am glad I dont have any yet. I've eaten at Boma (2017) and Cape May Cafe (2018 a week ago) and both experiences were great. Boma's food was the best....it has all the usual's (sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles, etc.) with some new items that had an ethnic spin on it, they were delicious! Downside...no character dining but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Cape May had good food but nothing stand-outish like Boma. Just the usual fixens BUT you get the characters which is what you are paying for.
Did you do Cape May breakfast or dinner?

OSUZorba

DIS Veteran
They just increased prices for AYCTE/buffets at the same time they increased snack prices (and in line with their new fiscal year). There's an updated list here until this thread can be updated.
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/disney-world-price-updates-for-buffets-characters-meals-shows-and-all-you-care-to-eat-platters/
These prices are insane. Crystal Palace has almost doubled since the first time I ate there in 2012. I am way too cheap to pay for almost any of these buffets any more. I guess this is why it is all of sudden really hard to get into Trails End.

• jillt2ph

DIS Veteran
    These prices are insane. Crystal Palace has almost doubled since the first time I ate there in 2012. I am way too cheap to pay for almost any of these buffets any more. I guess this is why it is all of sudden really hard to get into Trails End.
    Just remember if you are looking for the weekend brunch at Trail's End the only way to book it is by calling. I was able to modify from 2 ppl to 6 for Jan 19th with no problem - just a pain that you have to call and deal with the automated systen til you get a human.

OSUZorba

DIS Veteran
    Just remember if you are looking for the weekend brunch at Trail's End the only way to book it is by calling. I was able to modify from 2 ppl to 6 for Jan 19th with no problem - just a pain that you have to call and deal with the automated systen til you get a human.
    Really? I've always booked online before. But that was for 3, trying to get 5 right now. I'll try calling. Thanks for the tip.

Captain Kittens

Mouseketeer
    The prices are typical of what I've seen the past two years but wowzers, I dont remember Royal Table being that much when I checked 4 months ago.

• OSUZorba

DIS Veteran
    The prices are typical of what I've seen the past two years but wowzers, I dont remember Royal Table being that much when I checked 4 months ago.
    CP was ~44 for lunch last year, now 55, looks about the same across the board. In Sept Garden grill was ~32 for breakfast now 40.

Before two years ago CP and the others were around ~34 for lunch, until they got rid of lunch pricing.

Michelleybelle

Earning My Ears
    Really? I've always booked online before. But that was for 3, trying to get 5 right now. I'll try calling. Thanks for the tip.
    We visited in October, and I was able to book our Columbus Day Weekend brunch online for a party of 7 with no trouble. Granted, I did book it at or near the beginning of my 180 day window.

OSUZorba

DIS Veteran
    We visited in October, and I was able to book our Columbus Day Weekend brunch online for a party of 7 with no trouble. Granted, I did book it at or near the beginning of my 180 day window.
    I've never had a problem getting one on the past and I wanted to be flexible, then realized they were all gone. But yesterday a whole bunch of times showed up online, no idea why, but I was able to get what I wanted.

• Kjbbach1

Mouseketeer
    Do pricing increases on dining usually happen in July or should we expect to see another increase before? Looking for planning for a March 2019 trip. Thanks!

Ruth B

DIS Veteran
    Do the buffet/ fixed price include drinks? I am considering taking my daughter to either CRT or Akershus
    Thanks

garnwr32229

Mouseketeer
    How up to date are these prices? Have they gone up since? We are going may/June 2019. Just trying to estimate out tips in our budget

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Disney World Restaurant Menus Disney World Rehabs and Closings

DINING AT WDW

THEME PARK HOURS
    MINI DINING REVIEWS

THEME PARK MAPS

DIS PODCASTS