Bubba Gump's how is it?

We just ate there last month.

I had forgotten how expensive it was.:scared1:
We each had a shrimp meal that came with fries and a small cup of slaw. Fried ($16), coconut ($17) and a poor boy sandwich ($13). Add three iced teas at $2.75 each, tax and tip and it was $65 for lunch for 3. For medium sized, mediocre shrimp, it was pricey. However, the atmosphere is interesting and fun and the waitress plays a quiz type game with you about the movie. We did have a very nice time and the food was good. Again, just remember you will be paying "Disney-type" prices.

Have a nice trip.:)

Thanks how are the portion sizes? My 2 boys eat like horses and at those prices they need to leave full.

We ate the Bubba Gump's in Chicago. It was a fun atmosphere and they have a dessert with a big chocolate cookie dough with ice cream on top...it was THAT good. Of course, I was eating for 2 at that time.

We ate at the one in the Garden Walk last year and we all enjoyed it thoroughly. For 5 of us, it's not cheap but pretty much still on par with what you would expect. None of us left wanting more food as we were stuffed.

The prices at the Anahiem Bubba are the same as other Bubba's we have eaten at. We have been to the SF and Monterey locations a few times. We really enjoy it, not only is the restaurant fun but the food is good. I always too much to eat but I always manage to finish it. :) Good food, good fun, pricey but worth it occasionally. :)

Depends on where you're coming from. From DL itself, walking, probably 10-15 min. Maybe a little longer. Driving from the parking structure about the same I'd guess.

I eat at the one in SF every time I go for dinner. Me and the boyfriend always get the shrimp platter and it looks small but its a really good amount. We always walk away in food coma's lol. I personally LOVE Bubba Gumps!

We will need a place to eat on a our block out day from DLR when we go. What is "fun" about it? I've never been but it sounds interesting. Also DH and I are not seafood lovers. Several people mentioned shrimp so I'm wonderiing it is a seafood place? Aret there other things?

I would try to go to their website to see the menu. I think its a seafood place mostly since it derives from the Gump movie.

PinkBudgie - Bubba Gumps is primarily a shrimp place, with a few seafood dishes as an option. Okay, well you can get a chicken sandwich or a burger too, lol, but there's not a lot to offer outside of seafood.

I've been to them before and the atmosphere is "cute" but not enough to pull in people who otherwise wouldn't like to eat there. For non-seafood eatin' people, I'd recommend walking down the street and going to Cheesecake Factory instead. There, the menu is HUGE - there's something for everyone, the portions are huge and then there's all that cheesecake. mmmmmm..... :woohoo:

Thanks, I guess that wouldn't be the place for us, although I do love a good fish and chips! :thumbsup2 DH doesn't even like that so maybe The Cheesecake Factory would be better. I've never been there either but always wanted to try it.

PinkBudgie, you've seen Forrest Gump right? Well it's fashioned after that movie, that's why it's called Bubba Gump. :) It's mostly shrimp but they do have some other dishes with chicken. They usually have a trivia game that your server does with you, that is a TON of fun!!!! Especially if you've seen the movie recently. The whole atmosphere of the restaurant is fun, I'm sure you'll find something to eat, shrimp or not. :)

Umm... Somehow I've never seen the movie. :blush: Guess that really isn't my restaurant! :rotfl:

PS- I just checked the year it came out and now I know how I missed it. I was very busy with my newborn twin boys in 1994 and one had medical problems. It seems that movie just slipped by. Maybe I should go back and see it. :)

Umm... Somehow I've never seen the movie. :blush: Guess that really isn't my restaurant! :rotfl:

PS- I just checked the year it came out and now I know how I missed it. I was very busy with my newborn twin boys in 1994 and one had medical problems. It seems that movie just slipped by. Maybe I should go back and see it. :)

Really? I didn't realize you never saw the movie. But I can understand why you missed it. Yes, you should watch it.

Ya, I'm with your sista here, it's definitely worth watching. One of Tom Hanks best!

Ok, you guys talked me into it, I'm putting it on my netflix list. In my defense, I do know that life is like a box of chocolates. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter