Brit's Guide 2010

I'm looking for a guide book to read for our trip in Feb 2010, is the book your discussing the Brits Guide to Orlando or does it just cover just WDW.

There are so many guides out there i don't know what to buy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm looking for a guide book to read for our trip in Feb 2010, is the book your discussing the Brits Guide to Orlando or does it just cover just WDW.

It's the Brits Guide to Orlando ;) It covers WDW, SeaWorld, Universal, Busch etc. and other places such as free places to go, hotels etc.

:scared1:Hurrah ! After everyone was saying how they had ordered one, I just had to for our first visit :scared1: Ordered Saturday, arrived today .... cannot wait to start reading it .... did flick through, my first bit of knowledge, saratoga is 65 acres in size

It's a very good read. I got the 2008 book when we were heading there back then and it was amazing for little hints and tips. It also reviews rides, hotels, restaurants etc to give you ideas on what's on offer, both inside and outside of WDW. There's lots of useful numbers, websites and information in there too.

So good, I got the 2010 one for our trip next May! :thumbsup2

simple question, how much info is repeated from previous editions. i ask because i boght a few books last trip and they mostly repeated themselves. aquatica aside obviously. like you tinks im going in may and just wondering if theres anything new. thanks

simple question, how much info is repeated from previous editions. i ask because i boght a few books last trip and they mostly repeated themselves. aquatica aside obviously. like you tinks im going in may and just wondering if theres anything new. thanks

Hi, i haven't needed a copy since 2005 so really needed a new updated one not sure if alot new since 2008, as quite abit is same from my last one:lmao: however there is a section about harry potter in IOA, Manta in seaworld, US has a couple of new ones simpsons and rip ride rocket.
I haven't read from cover to cover yet only had time to flick through, :banana:

At the moment mitch, I've only shuffled through the 2010 version, so I'm not sure how much has changed since the '08 edition.

I got it really for the tips and hints, usually which change depending on what's happening over there at the time.

It's the best one by far for us Brits though :thumbsup2

Well mine came last week and I have not put it down fab book.

As some one who has never been be for it really is a good book.

Thanks for the people who recommended it.

It goes without saying that a fair chunk of the book remains unchanged year on year. BUT, things are constantly changing, and you can be sure that anything new (at the time they go to press in summer each year) will have been thoroughly researched. The latest edition is about twice the size of the first I bought around 10 years ago!

I had this guide book for our 2006 holiday and I have just bought the 2010 edition for our October trip next year. I definitely think that it was worth buying the new edition, lots of things have changed in Florida since our last visit and it was great knowing about them in advance. I wanted to be prepared because we will only have 12 days in WDW and want to make the most of it :goodvibes

My boyfriend and I are going in June 2010. We have the Unofficial Guide for 2009, but am thinking of buying it for 2010 for my boyfriends Christmas present (which I will end up using :laughing:) Do you guys recommend Brits guide over Unofficial?

Thanks for the help!

Me too. It's far more comprehensive. In my opinion the Brit's Guide is good for first timers wanting an overview, but I much prefer the Unofficial :thumbsup2

Personally I like both, the Brits guide because I like the pictures! :rotfl: and the comprehensiveness of the Unnofficial guide. Needless to say I have both! ;)

Hi folks - good to hear the new edition is finally getting out there. We had our doubts, with the postal strike and all! As strange as it may seem, we have only just got our authors' copy out here in the US and it had been absolutely soaked through at some point in the postal system, so the first 100 pages are completely unreadable :mad: We should get some more soon, though (we hope!).

Just to underline what Deb said earlier, parts of the book will be pretty much the same as 2009's in areas like hotels and shopping as not much has changed in the past 12 months or so. But ALL the copy has been reviewed and checked (and refreshed in places), while there are new sections on all the latest attractions (Rip Ride Rockit, Manta, American Idol Live, etc) and a whole new preview section on the Harry Potter development at IoA.

As regards the Brit Guide and the excellent Unofficial Guide, we always say that the UG goes into greater detail as their focus is primarily WDW, while we try to provide a fuller overview of the whole of the Orlando area, to the extent of providing a chapter on two-centre holidays to the likes of the Gulf Coast, Miami and Florida Keys. If you can get both, you should have the perfect companions to the complete Orlando experience :thumbsup2

I love both the Brits Guide and the Unofficial Guide. They are complimentary, and when you think how much each of us spend on an Orlando trip they are a good investment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter