Bring Back HYPERSPACE Mountain! Sept 2016 TR - NEW 3/17 COMPLETED! THE END!

What a great finish to the night! I NEED to see Paint the Night. I hope we can get it at WDW eventually.

I'm so used to GA/FL weather that Cali weather just threw me for a loop when I did my trip out west. Here it is just hot and humid even at 2am in summer! I remember I bought a hoodie/jacket while I was at DLR, as well!

Man that dude with his camera. Ugh! But the dancing fan was so into it! How fun!

Looking forward to more!

What a great finish to the night! I NEED to see Paint the Night. I hope we can get it at WDW eventually.

I hope so too! It would do soooo well in WDW!

I'm so used to GA/FL weather that Cali weather just threw me for a loop when I did my trip out west. Here it is just hot and humid even at 2am in summer! I remember I bought a hoodie/jacket while I was at DLR, as well!

Yeah the warm days and cool nights were nice but it sure did get cold at night!

Man that dude with his camera. Ugh! But the dancing fan was so into it! How fun!

Looking forward to more!

It was so annoying that he just pushed his way to that spot. But that happens all the time (so annoying).
The fan was really fun to watch. I got really into watching him sing and dance! He knew every word and every cue. He must be a very frequent visitor of DL!

What is this Path of the Jedi? First I've heard of it!

It's just a short movie from past Star Wars films as well as The Force Awakens about the Jedi and the Sith. It's not a must do unless you're a huge SW fan, but it's a nice place to kick your feet up for a bit in Tomorrowland!

I'm mostly a lurker, but I have read and love your trip reports, both Disney and Hawaii, my favourite vacation spots also. I just had to come on here to make sure you and your family were okay after seeing that terrible tragedy with the NJ train this morning. I hope none of your family or friends were involved. You were the first person I thought of when I heard about it. I see that you have posted this morning so I'm assuming that you are all okay. Funny how people on the Dis seem like friends. Looking forward to your next post.

What a great first Disneyland day! Glad you got to do everything you wanted to accomplish that day.
LOVED the pics from Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night. I'll watch the videos tomorrow when I'm home from work.
Blue Bayou looks real cool.

What a wonderful day! I love the hoodie you got. Hyperspace Mountain sounds great, and so lucky that you got to ride twice.

What a fabulous way to end your first day!! Gorgeous fireworks :) But my fave is absolutely Paint the Night. So amazingly well done. I know they are bringing it back for a limited engagement (Christmas?) so I'm hoping to catch it again one of these days.

Started my mini DL trip report, by the way, though I haven't gotten very far yet!

I'm mostly a lurker, but I have read and love your trip reports, both Disney and Hawaii, my favourite vacation spots also. I just had to come on here to make sure you and your family were okay after seeing that terrible tragedy with the NJ train this morning. I hope none of your family or friends were involved. You were the first person I thought of when I heard about it. I see that you have posted this morning so I'm assuming that you are all okay. Funny how people on the Dis seem like friends. Looking forward to your next post.

Hi Nora, thank you so much for thinking of me and my family, that is really sweet. I actually work in Hoboken, NJ a few blocks from the train station and the train line that crashed is the line I usually take. BUT we switched to driving to work and I commute with DH, so I have not taken the train for some time. It's definitely crazy to think about what could happen though. I don't know anyone that was hurt but some of my coworkers were there when it happened and they took first hand pictures and everything. It was a scene of crazy this morning in Hoboken which is normally very residential and serene. There was heaps of media and tons of first responders. There were helicopters and press conferences...I even got to catch a glimpse of Governor Chris Christie. Although it's pretty much under control now, it was shock to everyone and my heart goes out to the family of the one victim and the multiple injured. I have been skulking the media all day and I think I may have been on TV behind a reporter on CNN or Telemundo, LOL.

Thank you for reading my TRs! I hope you're enjoying this one!

What a great first Disneyland day! Glad you got to do everything you wanted to accomplish that day.
LOVED the pics from Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night. I'll watch the videos tomorrow when I'm home from work.
Blue Bayou looks real cool.

It was quite a feat that we got to do everything we wanted to that day but I guess with a little bit of planning ahead of time I made sure it all happened, of course with a few hiccups. :) I hope PTN is on when you're there next year. It's a real treat to watch.

What a wonderful day! I love the hoodie you got. Hyperspace Mountain sounds great, and so lucky that you got to ride twice.

Thank you! We were super lucky. I was so worried we wouldn't get to ride it but whew we made it! Twice!

What a fabulous way to end your first day!! Gorgeous fireworks :) But my fave is absolutely Paint the Night. So amazingly well done. I know they are bringing it back for a limited engagement (Christmas?) so I'm hoping to catch it again one of these days.

Started my mini DL trip report, by the way, though I haven't gotten very far yet!

I know, I can't get over how good it was. I'm like, wow I never get excited about the Electrical Parade, I mean the tune is catchy but it's soooo repetitive. PTN was amazing! I'd gladly fly to California again to see it! Maybe after our annual passes are up next year, LOL.

I saw! I responded on your PTR. Yay!

I just caught up in one sitting! I love your WDW TRs and this didn't disappoint!! I loved reading about your Hyperspace Mountain excitement, although bittersweetly! My boyfriend and I will be at DL at the end of October--we are also huge Star Wars fans and they are switching Ghost Galaxy back over to HSM like four days after we leave! :sad: Not sure if/when we'll get back to DL so I'm suuuuuuper bummed!
Your Paint the Night pics are gorgeous! I was really hoping WDW would get PTN next, but it doesn't seem like we will. Also love your hoodie!! Definitely understated, but still Disney :)
Looking forward to more!!

I just caught up in one sitting! I love your WDW TRs and this didn't disappoint!! I loved reading about your Hyperspace Mountain excitement, although bittersweetly! My boyfriend and I will be at DL at the end of October--we are also huge Star Wars fans and they are switching Ghost Galaxy back over to HSM like four days after we leave! :sad: Not sure if/when we'll get back to DL so I'm suuuuuuper bummed!
Your Paint the Night pics are gorgeous! I was really hoping WDW would get PTN next, but it doesn't seem like we will. Also love your hoodie!! Definitely understated, but still Disney :)
Looking forward to more!!

Hi! Thanks for reading!!
Oh that's too bad you will leave before HSM returns. But at least it is returning! But you are fortunate to not ride HSM before GG, because then you will be sorely disappointed. If I had done it the other way around I wouldn't think GG was THAT bad, LOL. It's actually rather funny. Not in a cute haunted mansion sorta way but more in the "OMG I can't believe they removed HSM for this, that it has got to be a joke."
OK but really, it's not that bad, just disappointing after riding HSM.
I was hoping WDW got PTN too but maybe they are planning something new. I am a little bored of the Electric Parade but then again that is going away as well.
Thank you!!

I really really hope they bring it back again for the holiday season next year. They did say it would return seasonally right? Till then fingers crossed! I can dream can't I?

LOL I have my fingers crossed for you! I think December would be a good time to bring it back!

Can I ask what you used to take such gorgeous pictures of the parade?

Thank you! I use a Canon G7X point and shoot. One of the best on the market IMO. I also upped the contrast on these photos before uploading, it really makes a difference for these nighttime shots. I use Adobe Lightroom but you can use any free photo software, like MS Photo Editor. BTW I am enjoying your TR on Aulani. I'm going to Oahu next month, not staying at Aulani though! But I really love Oahu and it looks like you guys had a great time.

We had an incredible time on Oahu. I'm at a scrapbooking retreat for 5 days this week working on my pictures from vacation and reliving our trip to the Pali lookout and the blowhole. It wasn't always easy with two teens and hubby, but we made wonderful memories. I keep asking when we can move there! :rotfl2:

I ended up buying a hoodie that I had admired in the stores. It looks like a regular gray hoodie but it has delicate swiss dot and embroidered details and a little embroidered Minnie head. It was very subtle and feminine and I liked how it didn't scream I WENT TO DISNEYLAND IN 2016 AND BOUGHT THIS LOUD COLORFUL SWEATSHIRT.

Here's the hoodie I ended up buying:

I know I've said it before, but once again I am loving your taste. This is ADORABLE, and I totally agree, so much cuter than the typical DISNEYLAND 2016 hoodies and tees!

This picture is pretty much perfect. I love it!

Soon the light show and projections started. It was really cool!
Wow, you got some great photos!

Please excuse annoying cell phone recording guy to my right who pulled out his phone and stood in everyone's way to film. Argh.
I freakin' haaaaaaaaate those guys!

We got our first pick of where we got to stand, so we chose the very front, curbside, and we could sit down and stretch our legs out. It was awesome!

F7fQxGr-qv7f2F21P6R1H5w9MU6JoiR4UUYNQ4X22uIWCFJU7sM36zFWE2uIIVZTNtLBiIZWqPUH5niDiR_u5NeP2YAISPMaDLy0-3v43aUcfpKYNzBT_CDXGY5Ct2lij1DILFQUuh0y0XQgdyZcsTHn6d9FeLR1oFAFkoSAvw0LQYUgCPlr3IOZPrWc8AMkR40wx5dzyMauOJ-P8zA7-XpPU2jRjASLRya9VSazKi9cZqvcobw_Cxl2drTEFGqS0nExSlfdrwTN4r61zsuecskSZ-y_kfkUwnk8AabYj3bAXVez6gKgNshHihvooTo793GMHpSS7DCrMTNbLihHrzZQoooQb3zFEs4eidznFlkEzlgnCSCJThHmfpC_AOIhoZV0VdV-4rEfu6AZVgPRNkJezdHAMtvmu19Z57pjxgfgrp_ys18Ug5-AhxFjXecLR5XOO3_F4gwJOjQAySNjQLm5HR-1HLABigE7zP-jmkSGFEUFLxcz7ove5SbFzcTHOrRs65PXeOzTe_CHCIXa_Q_bi_CcmOBTM_zZLaAIeWZ9ks8q3ojbSd6RgS3st1H4nAp7g7sNqtSN21yNG-RV6suQADET3hlCllEoVnpKyeixV8Amug=w775-h517-no
Nicely done!

Soon the parade started! We heard the music and soon saw the first floats come around. Let me tell you. I was BLOWN away by this parade. I don't even like parades, but I loved PAINT THE NIGHT! The music is wonderfully catchy (the base themes are from Wreck-It Ralph and the Electrical Parade) so if you've not heard it you can youtube it!

_V-yQiR77TDhYQpwBdpx4ExBG-XTaaFG2gBFVtifFHAyjj0EM1ypde6U2bsFH2-9BgeZ7OjMoLFXC6OKb5E4xA-gFOl932t7q95EVxNDC1gQEngb3uB7ad_jDzaVH4zItn9bepDakvsWvf2MGx9JveD6FPmNc9SuLdk78iPUUivzSAQ7MM1uwHj8KUTjlahVmVhYhbm0YKmBtc6m8I8aAnXXCfNYHQxG6PWdC3Meq4uFvClr6cd7XVRwkG8DlKlJxGYeLneQRp3XexqBkDhYqm151bA6u3hbpRGooN7a_olF3hqxHJ86SUCBQq0AMZP4N20tNMHXNpl1JolewaVYGcCq0Q12E-FYw2mYXZj9urnVKZS13CLDaIQ-iFnpDSj0zhs0lUqW1RAVW_Bp-gT-45KxrLPqybks_krjllit6i9IWwrTe-PapT2Bt4xCo7LNDx_XwCXxBzw5xWZpJuNVw8onGrfnC-wHHBF-FnV_S4ND7V40GwznR2M0gjIyatoUL6sxLQeO1Zc9VkpHsDbFcgmJrcEkX30wX_7iaKB9yCIHtXTjRaBqb0osSZlhWvjbStB41f2GHP3qzIZ1IDvU99aDO_m0SaYSJkgZczSEMT0H2LpGJQ=w775-h517-no
Gosh, I am so jelly! Everything I've ever seen about this parade just looks amazeballs!

It was sooooo awesome. And also ending tonight. Did I just say it was ENDING TONIGHT? Why is life so unfair!?!?! #DisneyAddictProblems
I am praaaaaaaaaaaying that it comes to WDW!

Walking back to the GC, I saw these two girls wearing the same outfits but I was really smitten with the Mickey head burger plush one of them had on her backpack. I want one!
You should have stopped her and asked her, girl! It is pretty dang cute!

I'm glad you got to see all the nighttime entertainment before it was gone. Those annoying people who work their way into the crowd always tick me off.

This parade was a big draw for the locals. People would grab spots on the sidewalk at 3PM, they would lay down their blankets and spend the afternoon. I assume one or two people would guard the spot while others went on rides or whatever, but the streets would be lined with folks waiting for the parade. And thus was every day that I went out there to see it (which was quite a few times). I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people knew every word of the songs.

Whew! I think I might just be all caught up now! At least on your stuff!
Hi Everyone! This is my first time posting on the Disneyland Trip Report forum. I am usually posting on the WDW TR forum, but I hope this won't be my only DLR TR!
:wave2:

It looked a little better than it tasted as I thought the fries were cold.
Eewww. Not a great looking sandwich.

I also totally forgot that the ride picture can be emailed at this Buzz. We didn't have a photopass card yet so we bypassed the picture station. I should have stopped to email a souvenir of my high score.
Another point towards world! lol

I can't believe I booked an ADR at the same time as our Hyperspace Mountain FP. I kept getting the timing of everything confused on this trip. I dunno, maybe it was the time difference? :rotfl:
:rotfl:Oops!

And this. I have no words for the picture below. No words. :rotfl:

8EACz8EAntTOCrUa79ER6WplDwcCBqn7wpQ0JLAisYfnRa2ET8VdHLCE3AKTo8ZAT0dtVr3x9zKcqF-vV1tSJzPdQXOUmNYCSm91Po4FdDeCDKPRZZ2eryRCClHkbwGEPSyTwDXdbH5mwSyVGhmUfwZYPkns1YbQ9yUKzBm6YdSRzD7aijYa6hCKIDGXBf0DXJR8kJiD3xdALUP3FSzrxgR7B1tPOoCOA5Gn1XrJ8m-yeuproz0taWUmEh8wNJepa8auMdcCwr-72Z8O35QX8RUAKElw_aKHb1a7o6W-HIaClHhkuf7H4psCxyy0sNfXf0ZzJGpeXhshO-go5Shki3AeheULGGSkI6pBAUc7HsalFAtnFA9yc52u73K6hIJxuhkTu3QiuZqVE3VGTCDAklL3BEWBnsx-4XwxPWhuQusTtpbaOHzb-EN45luqvPy6LcvCTp8N1xCRibfqPr63E_b8LnKd8My4yHaHpelzOzVpIKjDOgi_-6DVO5dJlH2Wo0WxVFIrV_fs92npl2YDAqSUoBOgxSh8vvHs7JKUZDadDkzQq3PRS1EXrqsqfGAnPcdZQmzyyMFvsTBgazeJr9IGZLlG0wvWP9wH_xZo83LwE5WF5w=w420-h630-no
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I liked how it didn't scream I WENT TO DISNEYLAND IN 2016 AND BOUGHT THIS LOUD COLORFUL SWEATSHIRT.

Me too! That's why I got the same sweatshirt! :thumbsup2 I must admit, I wasn't ready for the screaming shirts when we went in 2015... I'm not sure why I didn't expect something like that, maybe because I'd only been to Disney Stores and they don't carry tourist attraction shirts :laughing:

We had an incredible time on Oahu. I'm at a scrapbooking retreat for 5 days this week working on my pictures from vacation and reliving our trip to the Pali lookout and the blowhole. It wasn't always easy with two teens and hubby, but we made wonderful memories. I keep asking when we can move there! :rotfl2:

That's awesome, a scrapbooking retreat? It sounds like something my sister would be all over. I didn't know they had these things! Is it something you organized with your friends?
The Pali lookout is just amazing! I'm going to take my friends there so we can take some pictures. It's so lovely but incredibly windy. I ask myself why I haven't moved to Hawaii yet. I go there so often people often ask if I have a)family there, b)a vacation home, c)a timeshare. And It's no, no and no. Hahaha.

I know I've said it before, but once again I am loving your taste. This is ADORABLE, and I totally agree, so much cuter than the typical DISNEYLAND 2016 hoodies and tees!

Aww thank you! I think it'll look pretty good on you too!

This picture is pretty much perfect. I love it!

I have to work on my roller coaster face, but it's much better than what I usually look like in RnRC.

Wow, you got some great photos!

Thanks!

I freakin' haaaaaaaaate those guys!

Soooooo annoying.

Gosh, I am so jelly! Everything I've ever seen about this parade just looks amazeballs!
I am praaaaaaaaaaaying that it comes to WDW!

It is the most amazing parade, ever. I don't know if it's gonna come to WDW, but I'm hoping WDW will have it's own version. It'll be hard to top that though!

You should have stopped her and asked her, girl! It is pretty dang cute!

I found it! It's from Tokyo Disneyland and someone is selling it on ebay. It's gonna be about 40 bucks with shipping though...:crazy2:
It's gonna be another expensive thingamabob in my house that serves no practical purpose other than I just like looking at it. Hahaha. I am so tempted.

I'm glad you got to see all the nighttime entertainment before it was gone. Those annoying people who work their way into the crowd always tick me off.

Me too. The craziness of the day was worth it. Definitely loved the fireworks and the parade...it was the best parade I've seen!
Ugh that guy was so annoying. He wasn't there when the show started then he sorta appeared out of nowhere and barged his way forward.

This parade was a big draw for the locals. People would grab spots on the sidewalk at 3PM, they would lay down their blankets and spend the afternoon. I assume one or two people would guard the spot while others went on rides or whatever, but the streets would be lined with folks waiting for the parade. And thus was every day that I went out there to see it (which was quite a few times). I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people knew every word of the songs.

I did notice a lot of that. If I lived there I'd probably do the same thing, LOL!

Whew! I think I might just be all caught up now! At least on your stuff!
:wave2:

Yay! Welcome back to the DIS!

Eewww. Not a great looking sandwich.

It was unfortunate :(

Another point towards world! lol

I loved the individual rides at Disneyland and the convenience of it all, but ultimately the "world" sucks you in so much more and really immerses you in the Disney bubble. I appreciate both parks though.

It was the most hilarious picture. I don't know what was going on. Hahaha.

Me too! That's why I got the same sweatshirt! :thumbsup2 I must admit, I wasn't ready for the screaming shirts when we went in 2015... I'm not sure why I didn't expect something like that, maybe because I'd only been to Disney Stores and they don't carry tourist attraction shirts :laughing:

Yay!! Great minds think alike!
I definitely saw more of those loud shirts for sale than I saw people wearing them. I think people buy them as gifts for those people stuck at home just to rub it in, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter