Bring an Uppababy Vista. Yay or Nay?

rdefensor

Earning My Ears
We have a toddler and a baby and we are spending a couple of days before and after the cruise in Vancouver. I was thinking of bringing our Uppababy vista with a skateboard. Is there enough room in the cabin for it? We love having the flexibility of the kiddos taking a nap or the toddler being able to ride the board plus it’ll help while we’re out and about at the ports. Should we bring it or not?

We have a toddler and a baby and we are spending a couple of days before and after the cruise in Vancouver. I was thinking of bringing our Uppababy vista with a skateboard. Is there enough room in the cabin for it? We love having the flexibility of the kiddos taking a nap or the toddler being able to ride the board plus it’ll help while we’re out and about at the ports. Should we bring it or not?
Skateboard? As in the thing that kids ride around? They're on the Prohibited list. Even if you swear you'll not use it onboard, you can't bring it onboard.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/
As to the stroller, that's a pretty pricey (and big) item. You'll have to keep it stored in your room when not in use. And, I'd be leery of someone taking it, if you'd have to leave it somewhere unattended.

Having looked at the skateboard, I think it would be allowed simply based on the fact that it can be ridden independently of the stroller.

You’ll probably find a space in the stateroom for the folded stroller, but every square foot of floor space being useful, unless you have a Family Deluxe stateroom, in which you can use the space in front of the Murphy to store it, you’ll find the stroller will always be in you way. I don’t think it would fit under the bed.

We traveled with our Vista a lot, but I wouldn’t take it on a cruise. There’s no place on the ship where it wouldn’t be cumbersome (including under the bed, given how much luggage you’re likely to have). I also don’t recommend flying with it unless you’re checking it in one of their travel bags.

On our cruise on the Wonder, I remember a "stroller parking area" if you didn't want it to fill-up your room. That's a really nice stroller though, not sure I'd leave it out with the masses. If you came onboard with the skateboard attached they may let it on. If they decide it's "prohibited" Disney will hold it for you until the end of the cruise. I didn't think to bring our stroller for my DS3, and there were moments I regretted it and moments I was glad to not have to deal with the extra gear. Is baby old enough for an umbrella stroller? That would be my pick, umbrella stroller and an ergo (or whichever carrier you have).

We used a stroller from guest services. Although it doesn’t have a skateboard for your toddler, it had a canopy, a tray, and reclined. They didn’t charge us to use it. It did take a lot of room in the cabin, but we were able to fold it and fit it in the closet. It was a Peg perego booklet stroller. My 10 month old was happy to ride in it and he used it for naps while we were around the ship.

Keep in mind the hallways to the cabins are really narrow and the elevators on the Wonder are TINY. If you must have a stroller, the smaller the easiest it will be to get around on the ship.

We had to take our UppaBaby Vista (with rumble seat and piggyback skateboard - we have 3 kids). We did Disneyland before and there was no way we could do it with an umbrella stroller with 3 littles. Ideally I’d bring an umbrella stroller on a cruise, but you can fit the uppababy with skateboard attached in the closet. You have to take a wheel off to get it through the door though, or fold it outside the room and carry it inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter