Brightline to Disney cancelled

The only certainty was that it would never really happen.

Disney doesn't give a crap anymore. Get there if and how you can. If you don't, somebody else will. Have a magical day!

The most brilliant money-maker in the history of the theme park business model (DME) killed likely by an email. And this surprises anyone?

"As many people who are involved in this project are aware, the new route configuration does not support a Disney Springs station and as a result, we don’t anticipate being part of this project.”

If they removed Disney Springs station, why should Disney continue participate?

Not much if a loss, if any, if you ask me. I wonder how many would have actually used this option (at least more than once). Sure doesn't seem either quick or convenient.

Land at airport. Collect luggage. Wait for train. Get off at Disney Springs. Then what? Get luggage. Find Disney bus, uber, or taxi to resort? Lots of stress, especially with young kids.

No thank you. Rather pay a little extra (maybe, train is unlikely to be cheap) and go directly to the resort. YMMV.

Last edited:
"As many people who are involved in this project are aware, the new route configuration does not support a Disney Springs station and as a result, we don’t anticipate being part of this project.”

If they removed Disney Springs station, why should Disney continue participate?

Dont buy it likely Disney chose to back out.

It's not like there is any requirement to only have 1 stop to Tampa. Additionally not like Disney isn't a 400 pound offensive lineman between Tampa and Orlando that you pretty much have to purposely try and avoid now.

Here was the suggestions they always came back to Disney Springs before going south from what I saw.

1656417172411.png

Dont buy it likely Disney chose to back out.

It's not like there is any requirement to only have 1 stop to Tampa. Additionally not like Disney isn't a 400 pound offensive lineman between Tampa and Orlando that you pretty much have to purposely try and avoid now.

Here was the suggestions they always came back to Disney Springs before going south from what I saw.

View attachment 679894

Orange is the route they are using and goes by Universal right? Blue is what disney wanted (and was actually cheaper somehow even though the route looks convoluted and went through a bunch of housing areas?).

I’d expect I drive to get a lot more stuff in the coming years. The Brightline station at mco is at the international terminal. All those brits will go to universal instead of Disney

I’d expect I drive to get a lot more stuff in the coming years. The Brightline station at mco is at the international terminal. All those brits will go to universal instead of Disney
The fact they cost way more for arguably lesser hotels, and stopped offering the 3 week ticket only makes Universal more and more appealing.

I know we will be staying a week at UOR every visit now, whereas UOR used to be a few days out on our Disney holiday. My extended family are currently in Florida. We are all Disney fans 1st. They just did a stay at Universal, and day they will be repeating that stay on future visits. They have never stayed on site at WDW. Having an easy way to get to UOR, and maybe saving a week of car rental, just makes it more appealing.

Maybe this will stop all of the people on here who kept saying the train was the replacement for DME (but I doubt it).

It never made sense to me anyway. Talk about a pain. I just don't see a Father with 2 young kids, a stroller, and 4 bags trying to control them during a train ride, then leaving the train at Disney Springs and trying to navigate all those things to the buses, fighting the shopping crowds at the same time to have to try to pack all of that on a resort bus (which is already cramped). Never gonna happen.

The train would have only been useful to the 2 young adults who were traveling to Disney with nothing but the backpack on their backs.

Maybe this will stop all of the people on here who kept saying the train was the replacement for DME (but I doubt it).

It never made sense to me anyway. Talk about a pain. I just don't see a Father with 2 young kids, a stroller, and 4 bags trying to control them during a train ride, then leaving the train at Disney Springs and trying to navigate all those things to the buses, fighting the shopping crowds at the same time to have to try to pack all of that on a resort bus (which is already cramped). Never gonna happen.

The train would have only been useful to the 2 young adults who were traveling to Disney with nothing but the backpack on their backs.
I can see this happening and remember the nightmare of having to haul strollers, luggage trolly, car seats and kids through an airport parking garage

i also recall sweating like a beast, being frustrated as heck and vowing to poke my eyes out with a hot poker before doing that again

I can see this happening and remember the nightmare of having to haul strollers, luggage trolly, car seats and kids through an airport parking garage

i also recall sweating like a beast, being frustrated as heck and vowing to poke my eyes out with a hot poker before doing that again

People travel with young kids all the time and all over the world. WDW was an anomaly for offering a ride from the airport to the hotel. Some carribean all inclusive resorts include a bus but not all. We go to Disneyland and took Uber to and from the airport. People can easily figure out a ride.

Now in saying all that, it was a nice option to have but hardly a deterrent from travelling with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter