Breaking News!: Another Last to Post - Special Edition, Full story at page 250!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Quantas Airlines?

Yes. I sure hope Queenie's brushed up her Qantas Airline barbs for me. :lmao:

Aside from strike action, their service hasn't been too crash hot lately and I almost let the deal go.

Sounds very nice.

I'm hoping so. I need a Disney fix and we wanted to travel before DS turned 12.
I'm thinking of 3 nights at HKDL and the rest in HK proper.

Yeah that one totally blindsided me!

I'm dealing with a lot here with Fran, she just asked me if I was talking to her when I hadn't said anyting for at leat 5-10 minutes. Now she's hearing things. I'm glad I'm cutting down on her morphine. She's starting to go whacky. I need to find her percosett thought because I need something to wean her off of the morhpine.

Yeah that one totally blindsided me!

I'm dealing with a lot here with Fran, she just asked me if I was talking to her when I hadn't said anyting for at leat 5-10 minutes. Now she's hearing things. I'm glad I'm cutting down on her morphine. She's starting to go whacky. I need to find her percosett thought because I need something to wean her off of the morhpine.

:hug: How are you coping? It must be hard work looking after Fran at the moment.

Nearly dinner time here. We're having jacket potatoes with the trimmings.

If I don't catch you later, have a good night. I'm probably not going to be much on the Dis tomorrow either.

:hug: How are you coping? It must be hard work looking after Fran at the moment.

Is she getting any better? I didnt know they perscribe morphine.

Nearly dinner time here. We're having jacket potatoes with the trimmings.

If I don't catch you later, have a good night. I'm probably not going to be much on the Dis tomorrow either.

OK, I give up, I had a whole long response written up and it got lost. Yes the do prescribe morphine and there are vary degrees, immediate release, exteneded relsase... Yes Fran is very difficult, the dementia is driving me nuts. What the heck do you mean by jacket potatoes? I've never unjdersoond that.

I believe it is an English way of describing whole potatoes, baked with their skin left on. During and post world war, when food was still scarce, baked jacket potatoes used to be eaten with a bit of salt for 'tea' or dinner.

We baked the potatoes in foil and then serve it with grated cheese, baked beans (warmed up), coleslaw and guacamole. Like this:

1019Food002.jpg

When I'm at work on Tuesdays, DH usually organises the potatoes during the day and sets the oven timer so that when I get home about 6 or 6.30, dinner is ready. As it is a simple and easy meal to prepare, it means that the cooking preparation side of things can be done DH without too much effort or cutting into his work time.

That's actually not a unique to Qantas price. Lots of offerings of sub $1000 hk deals. And it's still not $1100 open jaw into MCO...out of Boston....

To say I liked air France and KLM better than Qantas is I think saying something. I did hk to Syd with Q and....I was just glad to land on the Tarmac. what with them not honouring the air France baggage allowance listed on my ticket and charging $100 excess.

I'm glad you're going on a Disney trip. As I like air France I'm likely to be stuck with Qantas again when visiting DBF. Unless vigin Atlantic offer something good. (I refuse to pay to fly in an A380 which rules out Singapore.)
But it is never ever ever first or really fifth choice

I checked on BestFlights before I decided to jump on the deal. There were a number of flights around the $900 mark and some again at the $1100 mark.

I guess I could have gotten it a little cheaper or not...but DH and I had been talking about HK for about 4 months now. He was thinking about going during the January break. But I think it might be a little bit too cold.

So, when this deal came out, the last day corresponded with the first day of the March school holidays. I figured it would be really rare to find another deal later on.

Why get books signed?

No reason - other than it's just the very bourgeois, yuppie, snobby thing to do. My SiL loves cooking and loves celebrity chefs. So for her, getting a personalised signed book by one of the celebrity chefs is typically something she loves (and she is the snobby kind). She loves pulling out Bill Granger's book from last year and showing it off to her friends.

Last year, I didn't plan on it.....I happened to be in Borders and Bill Granger happened to be there; with no queue.

This year, I didn't plan on getting her another cook book either...I just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time.

I think it's a little more complicated than that for DBF. He has loved cooking for a long time. He has a huge collection of books from old to new. Famous to unknown. He gets magazines too...which he reads....
He watches cooking shows which is how he gets to know of the celebrity chefs. So he does actually KNOW and read about them. He doesn't like them all.
He is rather obsessed with Nigella. But there is a reason she is popular. She's a cook not a chef. She's fun. And of course...she's sexy :rolleyes:

I didn't intend to get a signed copy when I woke up this morning. Didn't know it was on. But. It's something he'll love and appreciate which makes me happy :goodvibes

Do you think she will use it to cook? Recipe books can get a bit dirty.
I have seen Andy use cook books. He looks after his stuff. But they are read and used.

:wave:

Been trying to work out accommodation and things to see/do in HK. Aside from trawling through your TR (again)....did you come across any good internet sites in your research?

I've looked at HKDL and there isn't a package out for next year yet. So, I might wait for early in the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter