Breakfast suggestions

cbeeindisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I am looking for a great breakfast sit-down restaurant (1 credit) for our last day. It can be in the park or around the resort. We are already eating at the Plaza, Homecoming, Garden Grill, 'Ohana and Tusker House other days of our trip and we are looking for something new. I hear great things about the Wave, saw Topolino has a breakfast menu, but figured I'd ask you all because you'll probably have the best insight! We are staying at ASMu, but we have our own car, so the transportation to get there won't be an issue.

Thank you!

How about Trails End?
I mean, I love the Wave breakfast too, but, I love the feel of Trails End.
We went for dinner last trip, but I have the weekend brunch booked this time, and I am really looking forward to it.

We like The Wave. It’s generally quiet and less crowded than other places. The buffet has a nice variety of food. There’s something for everyone, and the price is reasonable.

Have you ever tried the skillets at Whispering Canyon ? We had loads of fun there and the breakfast was quite good. The Wave breakfast is pretty good, but the location is boring. It looks like a convention hotel dining room.

How about Trails End?
I mean, I love the Wave breakfast too, but, I love the feel of Trails End.
We went for dinner last trip, but I have the weekend brunch booked this time, and I am really looking forward to it.

That's a good idea! I haven't though of that- thanks!

Have you ever tried the skillets at Whispering Canyon ? We had loads of fun there and the breakfast was quite good. The Wave breakfast is pretty good, but the location is boring. It looks like a convention hotel dining room.

I haven't, but Whispering Canyon was on my radar. That's exactly what my downside was when thinking of the Wave- I hear good things, but it just seems so boring there- looking for a bit more for our last day!

I hear Wine Bar George in DS has an amazing brunch (but only on the weekends...not sure where your last day falls). Another good option is Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk.

I'll have to look into that- our last day is a Sunday, so that may be perfect! Thanks!

We got a Candlelight Processional breakfast package at Ale and Compass (Yacht Club) because of the (relatively) low price and were very pleasantly surprised. They have a small buffet with cold meats, cheese, and pastries, and follow it up with your choice from among several hot entrees. The dark chocolate/cherry waffle was superb!

My daughter and I tried the Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast on our last trip and really enjoyed it. The food was plentiful and very good. I had the breakfast calzone and my daughter had the steak with egg torte and potatoes. You get breakfast pastries and fruit too. We booked the latest breakfast time we could so the meal was really lunch for us. The character interaction was fun with Flynn Ryder and Prince Eric.

Did you ask for ketchup ?

No, we didn't. There were only about 5 tables with guests when we were there and the servers that early were really good at reading their tables. We had dinner there before, so we had seen all the antics in full swing. One table during our breakfast definitely wanted the antics and their server played it up with them. The rest of us just wanted a nice, quiet breakfast and our servers were very respectful of that.

No, we didn't. There were only about 5 tables with guests when we were there and the servers that early were really good at reading their tables. We had dinner there before, so we had seen all the antics in full swing. One table during our breakfast definitely wanted the antics and their server played it up with them. The rest of us just wanted a nice, quiet breakfast and our servers were very respectful of that.
In our case, we were the first table seated. I knew about the gags but my family didn't. My son is not particularly fond of ketchup but I convinced him to order some none the less. You should have seen his face when it came out. Like you, our server was excellent at reading the table and understood rapidly that I was the only one aware of things to come.

Hi all!

I am looking for a great breakfast sit-down restaurant (1 credit) for our last day. It can be in the park or around the resort. We are already eating at the Plaza, Homecoming, Garden Grill, 'Ohana and Tusker House other days of our trip and we are looking for something new. I hear great things about the Wave, saw Topolino has a breakfast menu, but figured I'd ask you all because you'll probably have the best insight! We are staying at ASMu, but we have our own car, so the transportation to get there won't be an issue.

Thank you!
Best buffet breakfast (that is not CA Grill) can be found at Boma.

Next best buffet breakfast is at Fresh (inside Dolphin). This meal includes fresh-pressed juices (i.e., wheatgrass & carrot).

Since we stay at Contemporary, we eat at The Wave nearly each trip, but we do not care for the buffet here as much because: a.) no carving station for meat, b.) no omelet station (eggs are made in the kitchen, if you know to ask), and c.) no fixins' for the oatmeal.

The a la carte menu at Kona has worked for us.

Ale & Compass, in addition to their buffet (meh), has an enjoyable a la carte menu that reminds me a bit of the eclectic menu at Kona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!