Breakfast on BW?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I jsut posted a similar thread about beaches and Cream with allergies, but I was also wondering about BW.
We are staying there in June and oen of my girls has a life threatening allergry to peanuts and nuts. I'm not too familar with the BW restaurants but it looks liek the Bakery is really the only place for a quick breakfast?
Bakeries I don't trust at all becuase of cross contamination issues with a lot of nuts they use in bakeires.

Anyoen ahve any suggestions for another place to grab breakfast or has had a similar problem here? Who wodul I contact for any help in seeing if anything is sfae for her to eat there?

Thansk!

I've risked it and eaten pastries from the bakery several times. I haven't had a problem yet, although my nut allergies aren't life threatening in cross contamination situations, just very uncomfortable.

I would suggest perhaps some yogurt and a piece of fruit might be the way to go for her that morning. I'm prety sure you can get those at the bakery. If not there, then in the Bellevue Lounge inside the BW.

Anne

The Bellevue gets it goods from the bakery , they do have cereal in boxes maybe that would be a help.

If you don't mind a short walk, you could go over to the Dolphin and give Tubbi's a try. It's about the closest thing you'll find to a food court in the EPCOT resorts area. I'm sure that you will find some things that would work for your DD. I've heard they have Krispy Kreme donuts (think they are peanut/nut free, but don't know) and Starbucks coffee (if you lke that).

Since you are staying at the BWV, you might also consider puchasing milk and cereal (or whatever, LOL) and just eating in the room when you want something quick. If you don't want to make a grocery stop before you arrive (or can't), give the BW General Store a look. The prices are higher than most grocery stores in the area, but they are still cheaper than eating out every day.

Enjoy!

Thansk all.
Is the Bellevue a quick service for breakfast or is it with a waitress?
She coudl ahve soem cereals. Sounds liek ti wodul be best to just start taking our cereal. Does the BW general store have milk?
I think we will give Tubbi's a try, too. She does eat Krispy Kreme with no problems. A matter of fact I send them in to her school to freeze for when they ahve parties and she can't eat the treats brough it. I love Krispy Kreme!

Don't count of the Bellevue being open for breakfast....sometimes it is, it wasn't when we were there.

The line for the Bakery can get quite long if you decide to give it a try. You may be better off picking up "breakfast" the night before.

I second the general store or whatever you can cook in the room. If the allergies are life threating, don't mess around - feed her the packaged stuff. Are you staying in a studio or do you guys have a kitchen? We whipped up eggs every morning - something I thought I'd never do but we were travelling with someone doing the low carb thing - and my normal Disney breakfast of a pastry wasn't going to work for her. It was pretty easy to do, and eggs from the Screen Door seemed pretty reasonably priced.

We just returned from a week at the BWV. We bought milk and cereal from the General store and the kids had that on most days. The adults shared crumb buns and the like. The bagels were pretty awful. The bakery also offers an egg, ham, and cheese sandwich or burrito. They are quite large but not very good. They are microwaved sandwiches.
Spoodles has an excellent breakfast, a little pricey to eat at everyday, but to get in a good hearty breakfast one day it was terrific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter